Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:22:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining  (Read 631 times)
tomthepooper (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:00:52 PM

So i really want to know what crytpocurrency mining is i have heard about pool mining, solo mining and cloud mining. Can someone please explain to me what mining is and how it works and how you profit from it?
thanks in advance
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:14:22 PM

Pool mining -> you will connect your mining hardware/device with others to make a pool of hash power for mining

Solo mining -> you will just use your mining hardware to mine any crypto on solo

Cloud mining ->  you have to buy/rent mining hardware which will be located in another part of the world and service provider with send out you coins generated by your mining hardware you have bought or rented with them

To learn more about what actually is crypto/bitcoin mining and many more make a quick search in google, you will find lots of guides.
tomthepooper (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

Pool mining -> you will connect your mining hardware/device with others to make a pool of hash power for mining

Solo mining -> you will just use your mining hardware to mine any crypto on solo

Cloud mining ->  you have to buy/rent mining hardware which will be located in another part of the world and service provider with send out you coins generated by your mining hardware you have bought or rented with them

To learn more about what actually is crypto/bitcoin mining and many more make a quick search in google, you will find lots of guides.

Thanks mate
shodiqtercinta

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 09:48:15 AM

Bitcoin mining process is similar to mining of precious metals such as gold. It's just the difference, if Bitcoin mining is done digitally to solve the puzzle, and gold mining through gold mining process. Being similar, because sometimes there are miners who feel loss, because it can not and difficult to find gold, and some are successful. However, the real picture is, there will be many difficulties when doing the mining process.

▬▬ι═══════-  ♦ EXTOKE  -═══════ι▬▬
●▬●▬●▬●▬ FEE FREE DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE! ▬●▬●▬●▬●
{Website}{Token Sale}{White Paper}{Platform}{Twitter}{Facebook}
bitcoinsocial09

Activity: 413
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 10:06:23 PM

So i really want to know what crytpocurrency mining is i have heard about pool mining, solo mining and cloud mining. Can someone please explain to me what mining is and how it works and how you profit from it?
thanks in advance
Bitcoin mining is staying online to get free bitcoins, but it only gives you a little amount so perseverance and patience is needed to acquire a large amount. To fasten your bitcoin, you can do bitcoin mining and at the same time you accept offers. With that kind of strategy a person can get a large amount in a short span of time.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Michael2t

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:46:10 AM

the short answer would be “It depends on how much you’re willing to spend”. Each person asking himself this will get a slightly different answer since Bitcoin Mining profitability depends on many different factors. In order to find out Bitcoin mining profitability for different factors “mining profitability calculators” were invented.
Phillionex Project

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:48:17 PM

So whats the best way to mine bitcoin....
darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 12:25:21 PM

Bitcoin mining is different as you said, there are about three of them– solo mining, cloud mining and pool mining. From what I know, solo and pool mining is better than cloud mining.

If you get into cloud mining, you will be getting nothing. In cloud mining, you’re not even the one mining the Bitcoin, cause you’re not managing the hardware. You will earn nothing.

▄██▄▄                          ▄████
             ▄█▀   ▀▀▄▄                    ▄█▀▀   ▀█▄
            █▀         ▀▄                ▄█▀        █▄
           █▀   ▄█▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀      ▀▄   █▄
          ▄█   ▄█▀███▄▄                          █   ▀█
          █    ▀   ▀████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █   █▄
          █         ▀████████████████████████▄▄▄      ██
         ██        ▄██████████████████████████████▄    ▀█▄
        ▄█▀     ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████▄▄   ▀█▄
      ▄█▀     █████████████              ▀▀████████████▄   █▄
    ▄█▀        ▄██████████████▀▀█▄    ▄▄     █  ▀██ ▀███▄   ██
   ███▄▄     ▄███████████▀▀           ▀██▄        ▀  ▀▀     █▀
     █▀     ███████████▀                               ▄▀   ██
    █▀    ▄██████████▀                       ▄▄▄       ▀   ▄█
   █▀    ▄██████████▀           ▄▄      ▀▀████████▄         ▀██▄
  █▀    ▄███████████          ▄██▀   ▀▀█▄   ▀███████▄▄▄██▄▄   ▀██▄
 █▀     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ████      ▀██▄  ▀████████   ▀▀▀    ▀█▄
▄█              ▀▀█           ████  ▄▄█▄▄███▄  ▀██████           ▀█▄
██▄▄▄▄▄                       █████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀████▄           ██
       ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄                █████▄▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▄██
               ▀▀▀▄▄           ▀█████████████████▄▄          ▄▀▀▀
                    ▀▀▄▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀
                        ▀
.BETFURY..
|
         ▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄▄▄
      ▄███▀▀▀█▀▀  ▄████▄
    ▄██     ▀       ▀▀███▄
  ▄██   ▄██▄    ▄█▄   ▀████▄
 ██▀    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀█     ▀███
██▀   ▄███   ███▄▄▄█▄    ▀███
██    ███  ▄█▀▀█▀▀███     ███
██    ███▄▄██ █▄█▄ ███    ██▀
██        ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀     ██
██▄   ▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄     ▄█▀
 ██▄█▀  █▄▄█ █▄  █ ▄▄   ▄██
  ███   █▄▄█ █   █▄▄█  ▄█▀
   ████▄             ▄██▀
    ▀█▀█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀
WIN REAL CRYPTO IN THE REAL DROP
JOIN $20,000,000 CRYPTODROP
|Join Fury Game
Get Free Crypto
BFG, USDT, BTC, ETH
|▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀████
████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████▀  ▄█████
██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀██▀  ▄███████
████████▄ ▀█▄   ▄█████████
██████████▄ ██ ▀██████████
█████████▀   ▀█▄ ▀████████
███████▀  ▄██▄ ▀█▄ ▀██████
█████▀  ▄██████▄ ▀█▄ ▀████
████▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄████
 ████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
...PLAY...
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 10:36:37 AM

Bitcoin mining is different as you said, there are about three of them– solo mining, cloud mining and pool mining. From what I know, solo and pool mining is better than cloud mining.

If you get into cloud mining, you will be getting nothing. In cloud mining, you’re not even the one mining the Bitcoin, cause you’re not managing the hardware. You will earn nothing.
You are very much right. I think mining of Bitcoin is very much profitable for the one who does not how to do trading. Mining is actually a great idea. You need not to worry about the profit and all that stuff for some time. The way the market price of Bitcoin is increasing, mining is the best option.
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:37:16 AM

You are very much right. I think mining of Bitcoin is very much profitable for the one who does not how to do trading. Mining is actually a great idea. You need not to worry about the profit and all that stuff for some time. The way the market price of Bitcoin is increasing, mining is the best option.

Per the current difficulty rate mining Bitcoin cannot be profitable if you're just about starting. You might not even make an ROI on your investments in a year even with the latest Bitcoin mining hardware and so it's best to either trade ur buy bitcoins directly and hold them.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:48:23 AM

Per the current difficulty rate mining Bitcoin cannot be profitable if you're just about starting. You might not even make an ROI on your investments in a year even with the latest Bitcoin mining hardware and so it's best to either trade ur buy bitcoins directly and hold them.

Yup! It is not Profitable to mine now a days because of the high value of bitcoin right now and if you are just starting to mine for it that is and if you are from a certain country that are very impossible to ROI then yes you can not earn because you will just accumulate expenses that earnings.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:49:43 AM

Bitcoin mining is not very profitable business. It seems to me that if you are on a budget it is best to pay attention to mining altcoins. You can always exchange them for bitcoins. It is important that you do not need to invest a lot of money. You can stop in time, or gradually increase production.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 11:53:07 AM

bitcoin mining is a digital transaction process supported by sig mine tools or high graphics technology, so as to assist the transaction process and will produce coin for miner
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:54:31 AM

Cloud mining is very very expensive and you really don't get a lot of bitcoins after that at all, almost 75% of the profit that you will get will be ultimately be used to cover the maintenance and power costs. If you want to really mine, get your own miners .

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 11:55:47 AM

Yup! It is not Profitable to mine now a days because of the high value of bitcoin right now and if you are just starting to mine for it that is and if you are from a certain country that are very impossible to ROI then yes you can not earn because you will just accumulate expenses that earnings.

I agree and disagree to some point. It is actually nice to mine Bitcoin now that the price is increasing. On the other hand, in order for it to be profitable, you need to have a cheap electricity in your area which you wish to mine and it is better to loacte it in a cold environment so if you don't have this then better think twice.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 5033

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2017, 12:03:30 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2017, 12:55:51 PM by mocacinno

a LOT of misinformation is being spread in this thread... Here's my effort to give a newbie-friendly explanation of most of the topics discussed so far.

A word of caution: i tried to be newbie-friendly, so i "dumbed down" several facts. So, read my post and take it as a starting point in your jouney to learn about bitcoin mining.

In order to send and receive bitcoin, you have to create transactions. A transaction is basically a signed piece of text that says:
Code:
i'm the owner of the private key that is controlling unspent output X. I want to create a new transaction with as an input unspent output X and Y as an output. Y can be spent by the owner of addres Z

It's a little bit more complex than that, but basically, this is a transaction.
A transaction has a certain size (in bytes) and is broadcasted around the network. At this point, the transaction is just stored in the memory of the nodes. After a couple of days, or when the node reboots, the unconfirmed transaction is lost. If most of the nodes forget about your transaction, it's like it never happens.

This is why miners collect unconfirmed transactions and put them into a block. A block used to contain up to 1Mb of transactions. At this moment, there's something called segwit that moves part of the transaction into a different part of the block, resulting in more transactions fitting into a block (but that's a complex, different topic). Every transaction pays a fee (the difference between the inputs and the outputs). A miner is allowed to add one transaction whose outputs can be spent by an address of his choice, and fund this address with 12.5 BTC + the sum of all fees of the transactions in said block.

The block that exists in the miner's memory is not automatically valid. If a miner could just fill blocks with transactions and broadcast them to the network right away, anybody could create a blockchain of infinite length in a short amount of time, and there would be chaos.
The design of bitcoin is aimed at producing one block every ~10 minutes. To do this, a block is only valid if the header of the block created by the miner, ran to a sha256 function twice has a value smaller than the current target. The header is made up from the previous block hash (making sure we get a blockchain), a nonce (= random data, to be chosen by the miner), the merkle tree of all transactions in the block and some other data. By varying the nonce, the miner can create an infinite amount of valid headers. The sha256d hash of these headers allways gives a new result. So, given infinite time, a miner could generate infinite sha256d hashes that are still valid for the same transactionset.
The difficulty is adjusted every 2016 blocks. When a lot of miners start creating hashes, the odds of them finding a headers whose sha256d hash is smaller than the current target increases, and so does the time between 2 blocks. After 2016 blocks, however, the network adapts the difficulty so the avg time between blocks is once again ~10 minutes.

So... Mining is creating a "block", fill it as much as possible within the given limits, maximising the amount of fees (so, maximising his profits). The next step is to generate a block header using information like the previous block hash and the merkle tree of all transactions in the block. The next step is to iterate trough nonces, each time solving sha256(sha256(header)) untill the result of said function is lower than the target.
If the miner is the first one to find a hash, he can broadcast the block to the network, thus seeing his mining address funded with 12.5 BTC + fees.

Now, after this theory, i can explain the difference between solo mining, pool mining and cloud mining:

solo mining: you use your own mining node to create a block, funding your own mining address, then use your own ASIC to try to solve the header of your own block. If you solve the block, you get the full reward. If you don't solve the block, you get nothing.

pool mining:Since the diff is so high, it's very hard to have enough ASIC's to try to solo mine bitcoin. This is why miners decided to pool together their hashrate. A central instance (the mining pool) generates a block, with the coinbase reward going to the pool owner. The pool sends the header to all miners. Then all pool members try to find a nonce that results in the hash of the header being below the target. If one member solves the block, the reward is later on divided amongst the pool members on a share based system (the bigger your hashrate, the bigger your share)

cloud mining:Some companies buy ASIC's, but don't want to carry the risk of mining (broken hardware, price fluctuations,...), so they sell 100% of their risk for part of their profit. Also, 99% of the "cloud mining" companies are actually ponzi's disguised as a mining company

To find out more information about the difficulty and the target : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty
To find out more information about mining: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 12:22:27 PM

Before buying services like cloud mining you need to verify if the sites are trustable, because a lot of cloud mining sites are scam/fake
If you want to start mining you need to buy a good hardware, because with your CPU you can only mine some altcoins
You can try with a program like MinerGate
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:02:33 PM

Bitcoin mining is not very profitable business. It seems to me that if you are on a budget it is best to pay attention to mining altcoins. You can always exchange them for bitcoins. It is important that you do not need to invest a lot of money. You can stop in time, or gradually increase production.
alt coin mining is a good alternative since bitcoin difficulty to be mined is really needed of expensive devices, but if you know how to work with alts coin mining
which anytime you can trade up to btc and earned if you got in the right timing.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 01:11:03 PM

I think the best way to mine bitcoin for a starter is cloud mining.
With cloud mining you don't need to own mining hardware physically.
The mining company will rent you the mining hardware and maintain the hardware by themselves.
The mining company will configure everything by themselves and set the mining rig working for you in no time.
All you have to do is sit back and relax while your bitcoins started rolling in. Count your profit and upgrade your mining contract later. Grin
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:58:32 PM

Before buying services like cloud mining you need to verify if the sites are trustable, because a lot of cloud mining sites are scam/fake
If you want to start mining you need to buy a good hardware, because with your CPU you can only mine some altcoins
You can try with a program like MinerGate
The price of the bitcoin is increasing and now it is making the world more aware about the bitcoin. For me bitcoin is making more space. It is good to invest in bitcoin because now the currency is getting more popular and it is just because of the price of the bitcoin.  Bitcoin is the digital currency and it is all about eh internet so it is easy to keep to for the long time. Mining is low now days as compare to the bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: