Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 10:49:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think of Chronologic (proof of time) ?  (Read 626 times)
CrowdFunder (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:25:28 PM

So I have been looking at a project called Chronologic

They are using a new idea called proof of time to mine new coins. It is different from anything I’ve seen so far and seems to have real use cases.

I like the idea and the project looks quite professional but I am curious to hear what others think about it before I decide to invest or not.

btw the link to their btt is : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2051671.0
CrowdFunder (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:31:28 PM

bump, would be cool to see other people opinions, there was some stuff I wondered about that got answered in their thread but still thinking about it
dimatu

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:42:58 AM

I revive this topic. I am interested in it too, i bought a full timemint and can see good potential in it. the team seems ok and i like what i saw in their slack so we shall see how it develops !
Orrechorre

Activity: 569

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:00:25 AM

I am not a bad new carrier but i will have to say something since you asked for other people's opinions; there is a project that came before chronologic that has a similar concept and probably a better reward due to huge community base; the project is called Timereum; the token was distributed through airdrops.

The airdrop have ended though.
Tipstar

Activity: 1820
Merit: 298

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:06:52 AM

POS (Proof of stack) is too chronologic. It determines the reward based on amount and time. And the wallets open.
I don't see any other way fro POT (proof-of-time) to really work.

monsterer2

Activity: 351
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:05:29 AM

This is stupid. It's just a token on Etheruem, not a true currency. Their consensus is Ethereum's consensus.

Furthermore, PoW is already a proxy for unforgable proof of elapsed time.
dimatu

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:35:17 PM

POS (Proof of stack) is too chronologic. It determines the reward based on amount and time. And the wallets open.
I don't see any other way fro POT (proof-of-time) to really work.

I read that it actually IS based on time to forge new tokens, not on blocks. Unix time or something., it is definelty not same (unless scam ??)
we have to see when contracts is out
findingthemoon

Activity: 252
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:45:04 PM

This is stupid. It's just a token on Etheruem, not a true currency. Their consensus is Ethereum's consensus.

Furthermore, PoW is already a proxy for unforgable proof of elapsed time.

PoW isn't really precise at measuring time due to the luck factor. According to their whitepaper they are initially an Ethereum token but are developing their own platform as well.
monsterer2

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:33:39 PM

PoW isn't really precise at measuring time due to the luck factor. According to their whitepaper they are initially an Ethereum token but are developing their own platform as well.

On average it is fairly precise.
Fantum

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:37:23 PM

The creator of eos was talking about this concept. He says in the future bitcoin will be used exclusively as proof of time, and will underpin all blockchains, so if you hold bitcoin in the same place for longer the more it's worth because it's easier to check its proof. I think he is working on this in eos right now. He was talking about it on a recent worldcryptonews podcast
monsterer2

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:04:46 PM

The creator of eos was talking about this concept. He says in the future bitcoin will be used exclusively as proof of time, and will underpin all blockchains, so if you hold bitcoin in the same place for longer the more it's worth because it's easier to check its proof. I think he is working on this in eos right now. He was talking about it on a recent worldcryptonews podcast

He is sadly mistaken if he thinks a trusted execution environment is the solution to trustless consensus.
dimatu

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:11:18 PM

it will interesting to see how chronologic will work concretely, i like to see new options. It's like fresh air
C The Saint

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 09:57:13 PM

Do you have a link to the creator of Eos talking about proof of time?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: