Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:20:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Uquid.com hidden fee SCAM. - 15-20% fee.  (Read 478 times)
chs17 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:17:11 PM

I would strongly warn people using Uquid.com.
If you make use of their service you can lose between 15-20% of your money.

After the last two week, i have been trying the Uquid service out.
I made serveral deposit in diffrent popular crypto currencies. (ETH, Bitcoin e.g.) but i feel scammed big time by hidden fees.

Hidden fee 1)
Uquid.com advertised that they service is 0% fee on deposit and after that you can spend it on your Debit Card.
However they didn't tell in the fee list: https://uquid.com/fees that you will have to pay a fee when loading your deposit to the card or withdrawal from your card to your Uquid account.
You will first notice this hidden fee when your ordered and paid for your debit card.

Hidden fee 2)
When you deposit, they will first add up 5% to the exchange rate. This fee isen't hidden because they will tell you about the estimated rate when you deposit.
For example. 1 ETH is now 198-200USD on most exchange. Uquid.com estimate they will pay 188

Hidden fee 3)
This is here where things gets very ugle. After you deposit for example 1 ETH. The transcation need to be confirm on the network. Uquid tells it will take between 5-30min . However 50% of the time i deposit it took serval hours. Even if the transcation had over 100 confirmation. And now the big scam. You deposit 1 ETH. You expected to get 188 USD (5% under exchange pricee). At the time from you deposit to the amount was credit your Uquid account the price of Ether has gone up a little bit. But Uquid will not credit you 188 USD. They credit you 164 USD. (-12% / -17% under the exchange price)

So to summarize the things Uquid advertises with.

1) Instant deposit.
2) No hidden fee.

This is a big fat lie. It's not instant / realtime deposit. It can take many hours.
There is plenty of hidden fee.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: