Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New ASIC project was announced in Chinese forum, 200T in Sept.  (Read 2001 times)
yeemartin (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:46:50 PM

I'm just moving the information from Chinese forum to here.

LINK:

http://bbs.btcman.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2943

Offical website (nothing on there yet)
http://www.btcgarden.com/

In short,

Phase 1, 200Th/s in September. Similar to ASICMINER, they will sell shares on Bitcointalk.org in June.
Phase 2, Sell ICs and miners to public, time frame unknown.

They claimed they started the project in January 2013, and estimating design and prototype production to be finished in August.

All design work is done in house.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mustyoshi

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 04:54:43 AM

If that's true, then GPU mining without free electricity will be dead by the end of Winter 2014 (to account for those who try to heat their houses with GPU miners).
evilscoop

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 10:13:16 AM

v. interesting
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 11:33:56 PM

I will add them to the hardware vendor database Smiley

bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:28:23 AM

On that list why is ASICMiner orange, putting it on the same level as BTCGarden, which has nothing that I see to back it up (no website, no pictures, no concrete plans), while BFLabs is Green, along with Avalon, having delivered nothing more than like 5 or 10 jalapenos?

ASICMiner has been hashing away with 20+TH for months, they've delivered every product that they put up for sale, have pictures of working product. Seems a little bizarre.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 08:12:08 AM

On that list why is ASICMiner orange, putting it on the same level as BTCGarden, which has nothing that I see to back it up (no website, no pictures, no concrete plans), while BFLabs is Green, along with Avalon, having delivered nothing more than like 5 or 10 jalapenos?

ASICMiner has been hashing away with 20+TH for months, they've delivered every product that they put up for sale, have pictures of working product. Seems a little bizarre.

I agree, I'm still working on it Smiley I've been following up on these today.  In fact I intend to start up a news site that will host a more official version of this report that will be much more concise and have additional information about these companies. I think with the BFL debacle something like that is needed now.

BFL is an odd one in that they are technically shipping but are surrounded by really scammy behavior...I added some red to their green status to denote this.

But lets not thread jack, please post additional concerns directly in the Vendor database thread

mvidetto

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 09:34:50 PM

Can anyone actually read the webpage or give us some details about this venture?  It would be nice to have a few more points of information and elongated plan.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: