Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What will exactly happen in my wallet on august 1st ?  (Read 573 times)
Prince8 (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:10:39 AM

Having BTC in multibit, exodus, electrum or whatever other wallet where you own the private keys, what will exactly happen ?

in the case of a wallet that supports only BTC, will it start supporting BCC too ? otherwise, what happens ?

and in which exchanges it will be recommended to trade BCC ? except kraken

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 01:26:41 AM

Having BTC in multibit, exodus, electrum or whatever other wallet where you own the private keys, what will exactly happen ?

in the case of a wallet that supports only BTC, will it start supporting BCC too ? otherwise, what happens ?

If the wallet that you use is going to support BCC, you will get the same amount of btc you own as BCC.

So if you have 2 btc , you should get 2 bcc. And have both of them in the wallet/exchange.
So far I've seen bitfinex and bittrex statements which confirm this.

Take a look here:

Bittrex: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

Bitfinex: https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/212
Prince8 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:53:12 AM

Thanks !

do you recommend any light BCC wallet ?
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 04:43:28 AM

I'm not aware of more than one, here's the link to the original (and perhaps only) Bitcoin Cash wallet.

https://www.bitcoincash.org/

Good luck to you!
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:07:55 AM

If the wallet that you use is going to support BCC, you will get the same amount of btc you own as BCC.

So if you have 2 btc , you should get 2 bcc. And have both of them in the wallet/exchange.

Take a look here:

Bittrex: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

Just to clarify on what you are saying, regardless of whether a certain wallet supports Bitcoin Cash or not, as long as you have a way of reading or controlling the private keys to all the addresses in your wallet, you will be able to follow whichever of the blockchains you want, or even both. In fact, most wallets should be fine as long as you are not using any exchanges or online wallets such as Coinbase that share addresses and transactions and do not give you private key control. Without private key control you are forced to use whichever blockchain that particular wallet developer decides to support. Just make sure that you can see private keys in your wallet and you will be completely protected from whatever the fork might bring. You need something like blockchain.info, bitcoin core, electrum, etc.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:30:39 AM

Thanks !

I would ignore this whole BCC stuff because its security risk. If you spend ur worthless for ex. 5 BCC someone can steal your 5 BTC.
You must know what you are doing.
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:50:40 AM

Take a look here:

So if i store my Bitcoin i am not getting any BCC there! I have to move my coin to bittrex or bitfinix for getting BCC. Thanks a lot for this news. I think it help a lot of people like me.
Prince8 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:33:53 PM

Take a look here:

Just to clarify on what you are saying, regardless of whether a certain wallet supports Bitcoin Cash or not, as long as you have a way of reading or controlling the private keys to all the addresses in your wallet, you will be able to follow whichever of the blockchains you want, or even both. In fact, most wallets should be fine as long as you are not using any exchanges or online wallets such as Coinbase that share addresses and transactions and do not give you private key control. Without private key control you are forced to use whichever blockchain that particular wallet developer decides to support. Just make sure that you can see private keys in your wallet and you will be completely protected from whatever the fork might bring. You need something like blockchain.info, bitcoin core, electrum, etc.

so it actually doesnt matter if the wallet (that i hold private keys) will support BCC ? all i have to do is to import my private keys into the BCC wallet ?!

Thanks !

I would ignore this whole BCC stuff because its security risk. If you spend ur worthless for ex. 5 BCC someone can steal your 5 BTC.
You must know what you are doing.

If i import my private keys into the BCC wallet, i assume i will only have BCC into the BCC wallet and the BTC will remain in the BTC wallet ?
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:09:23 AM

Take a look here:

so it actually doesnt matter if the wallet (that i hold private keys) will support BCC ? all i have to do is to import my private keys into the BCC wallet ?!

Exactly. Whether a wallet supports BCC or not is completely irrelevant as long as you have control over your private keys. You can just import them into a BCC wallet and all of your coins are going to be right there. You don't even have to do it yet. The money isn't going anywhere unless you spend it yourself or get those private keys compromised. That being said, if you want to be one of those who try to profit by dumping quickly, you are going to need to act fast.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Tibi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:06:40 AM

So you are saying just to make it right . That for one to claim the BCC one needs to download a BCC wallet in my case electron cash. Then open up the BCC wallet and import the private key from your BTC core wallet into the BCC wallet right ?
Zrs

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:03:14 AM

Take a look here:

Exactly. Whether a wallet supports BCC or not is completely irrelevant as long as you have control over your private keys. You can just import them into a BCC wallet and all of your coins are going to be right there. You don't even have to do it yet. The money isn't going anywhere unless you spend it yourself or get those private keys compromised. That being said, if you want to be one of those who try to profit by dumping quickly, you are going to need to act fast.
Confirming that i got BCC in my account. I have .26 BTC in my coinbase wallet, but i move them to bittrex and today when i open my bittrex wallet it showing i got BCC same as BTC that has my wallet. I am happy,thanks a lot who expalin it here about it. But withdaw BCC is disable in bittrex. why?
btcton
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:03:26 PM

Take a look here:

Confirming that i got BCC in my account. I have .26 BTC in my coinbase wallet, but i move them to bittrex and today when i open my bittrex wallet it showing i got BCC same as BTC that has my wallet. I am happy,thanks a lot who expalin it here about it. But withdaw BCC is disable in bittrex. why?

Actually, Bittrex isn't what I would call a safe place to have your Bitcoin Cash. They have control of the private keys, not you. Regardless, since they decided to give owners the same amount of bitcoin cash as they had bitcoins, it is all fine in the end. They do not have plans to open trading of Bitcoin cash in their exchange, but it remains a possibility. If trading is not opened for bitcoin cash, they will enable the ability to withdraw bitcoin cash from your wallet there, so you have nothing to be afraid of as long as they keep their promise.

You can check out their official statement here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000808991-Statement-on-Bitcoin-Cash-BCC-

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:18:24 PM

This doesn't seem possible. When did you move your BTC from coinbase to bittrex?

Coinbase does not allow customers access to private keys and was not going to be honoring BCH for their customers. If you moved your Bitcoin after the fork you should not have been able to retrieve Bitcoin Cash from Bittrex. Seriously, this sounds like a major flaw in Bittrex's system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: