June 21, 2011, 11:23:10 AM

MtGox
https://i.imgur.com/xbiA6l.jpg

TradeHill
https://i.imgur.com/0Dp6jl.jpg

Britcoin
https://i.imgur.com/Mo5mnl.jpg

All the high rollers in MtGox?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:17:22 PM

Because it's the only "real" exchange. The other ones have a long way to go before becoming professional.

99% of exchanges are member-to-member, which means

1. Lots of fake and canceled bids
2. If user pays with Paypal then there is a high risk you are being scammed by chargeback
3. Low liquidity.

On Mt. Gox you can add funds by wire transfer, withdraw by wire transfer, and the server automates all trades (you can only bid & sell if you have funds in your account). That's why it achieves huge liquidity.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
hamdi

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 12:19:16 PM

tradehill will catch up
Vanquistador

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:03:43 PM

tradehill will catch up

QFT

Or rather:  "I'm hoping TradeHill catches up"
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:40:23 PM

tradehill will catch up

I think so too Smiley

danuker

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:02:49 PM

Mt. Gox, Tradehill and Bitcoin 7 should all be "up". There should be no single point of failure in our network. If we have no way of converting USD to BTC and back, Bitcoin is practically sealed off from most of the world.

The more exchanges there are, the better it is. There can also be competition between them, leading to better prices.
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:24:34 PM

Mt. Gox, Tradehill and Bitcoin 7 should all be "up". There should be no single point of failure in our network. If we have no way of converting USD to BTC and back, Bitcoin is practically sealed off from most of the world.

The more exchanges there are, the better it is. There can also be competition between them, leading to better prices.

And more importantly, competition between them will lead to better practices.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:30:26 PM

Tradehill doesn't support European transfer methods and basically pays people to spam about them. Either is enough that I won't use them.
zale

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:36:33 PM

Tradehill doesn't support European transfer methods and basically pays people to spam about them. Either is enough that I won't use them.
I don't have a problem with the spam as long as you have lower fees. The European Transfer methods are the real problem. It's online for 2 weeks now and there is still nothing, so as long have half of the BTC community can't use Tradehill its no competition to MtGox
KorJax

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:24:43 PM

Meh, as a USD user the lack of euro trading doesn't really affect me.

There are more than enough trades to keep the system moving at a good pace, fair price and for me to be able to quickly buy and transfer BTC which is why I'm liking tradehill, Plus it generally runs smoother and is more stable than Mt. Gox to me.

It would be nice obviously for Euro to be supported, as well as GBP

Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 09:54:37 PM

This is what I do:

Bank > £ > Euro Exchange > ฿ > Tradehill > $
$ > Tradehill > ฿ > Euro Exchange > £ > Bank

If you time it right you can make profit when travelling in either direction.

Or bank --> Mt Gox --> bank.
Time a purchase after market has panicked more than 40% of daily opening. Sell when it rises 20% or more and withdraw.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
gigitrix

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 03:33:06 PM

Britcoin is stable enough if it's relevent. Low volume, but it doesn't seem to fluctuate as wildly: it's less volume but less overall population that will use it I guess, seems like all the mad investors are trying to play with bigger exchanges for faster turnaround and more opportunity to "correct" wider swings.
cothoms

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:32:13 PM

Absolutely.  Much in the same vein of BTC:  decentralize!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: