Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:02:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some advice for crptocurrency stats software development  (Read 725 times)
Andrew Lin (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:54:47 AM

Hello I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast and a computer engineering student. I have some knowledge in Android development(hence Java), C++, python. I want to make a LIVE market stats(market depth and live price etc) software and eventually into an Android app. I hope I can get a some advice from you guys. No competition, the software is for myself! Here is what I would like to know
1. What CS knowledge do I need? Like what language should I focus on studying.
2. How to get the LIVE information from the exchange websites. Should I contact them or there are other ways.
Any additional advice would be very much appreciated!
Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

Hello I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast and a computer engineering student. I have some knowledge in Android development(hence Java), C++, python. I want to make a LIVE market stats(market depth and live price etc) software and eventually into an Android app. I hope I can get a some advice from you guys. No competition, the software is for myself! Here is what I would like to know
2. How to get the LIVE information from the exchange websites. Should I contact them or there are other ways.
Thank you

usually, this kind of data are done, aggregating data from many exchanges.
the most and biggest exchange have API and you can query it with your preferred language.
for example in polo, you have this reference:
https://poloniex.com/support/api/

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
s2

Activity: 198
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 04:13:04 PM

As for languages I guess it doesn't really matter too much as long as you have the tools available for querying the API you choose.

I've tried a few server side languages (C#, PHP, Java, node.js).   I found that node.js was best for Bitcoin given the live reactive nature and wanting to support websockets.

There are a ton of node.js libraries out there to help with bitcoin integration to various exchanges too and simple to install with the npm (node package manager) which will handle any versioning woes.

Generally it's just easy to use and fast.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

Hello I am a cryptocurrency enthusiast and a computer engineering student. I have some knowledge in Android development(hence Java), C++, python.
It doesn't matter what language syntax you know,you can be only well versed/ninja of a language  if you have been working with it for years.Like the creator of C++ rates himself as 7/10 when asked how much C++ does he know because language is so vast,coming to your next question

I want to make a LIVE market stats(market depth and live price etc) software and eventually into an Android app.
You can literally pick up any market and use their API to display the data however you want.Need Basic HTML/CS/JAVASCRIPT if web is your platform of choice but the api remains they same should you wish to use java and android.

I hope I can get a some advice from you guys. No competition, the software is for myself! Here is what I would like to know
Forget the language just focus on getting the basics right.Read this book : SCIP (Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs) (must read).Once you have strong basics,you can use any language as  a tool.You already know enough  to create that app.Find a API of your choice and get started.

There is go https://coinmarketcap.com/api/ Data is available in Json,utilize it the way you want to Wink

Thank you
Everybody can code,not everybody can write code for everybody to understand.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:50:49 AM

As for languages I guess it doesn't really matter too much as long as you have the tools available for querying the API you choose.

I've tried a few server side languages (C#, PHP, Java, node.js).   I found that node.js was best for Bitcoin given the live reactive nature and wanting to support websockets.

There are a ton of node.js libraries out there to help with bitcoin integration to various exchanges too and simple to install with the npm (node package manager) which will handle any versioning woes.

Generally it's just easy to use and fast.

i'm really interested.
can you share plz if you have some shared resource??
or maybe if there are a really good repository o github?

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Andrew Lin (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:05:55 AM

Thank you guys very much for the info. I have decided to directly make it into an Android app. Now I want to make one simple layout containing only the order books from Biutfinex just to start. It could (or maybe should) be exactly the same as the order book pages on TabTrader and zTrader. Would be extremely appreciated if someone can give a little help on how exactly I can get data from exchanges' APIs to my Android app. Thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: