Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get your ski mask on because tomorrow is going to be a robbery  (Read 1123 times)
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:19:37 PM

August 1st is finally here. I hope everyone has their full nodes ready with all their bitcoins there. Time to dump all of our BCC for more free BTC. Easiest trade ever.

A reminder to get all of your coins off from exchanges and into your full nodes.

If you aren't running a full node, then put it in a paper wallet or something.

Just be ready to dump BitmainCoin, time to get some free chips.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:41:06 PM

I have all of my coins ready, but I forgot to move some of my coins that are in an Electrum wallet that I have in a laptop and I can't get that laptop until tomorrow, so I hope that these coins also get the BCC equivalent amount.

Are you going to instantly dump all of your BTC for BCC?

Will you watch the market for a while?

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 02:44:35 PM

I have all of my coins ready, but I forgot to move some of my coins that are in an Electrum wallet that I have in a laptop and I can't get that laptop until tomorrow, so I hope that these coins also get the BCC equivalent amount.

Read again, he said he's going to dump all of his BCC for BTC, not the other way around.
That's to be expected at first, a lot of people are just going to exchange their BCC for BTC at first.

I'm going to hold onto mine for a bit longer though.

Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:49:42 PM

I'll probably keep my BCC and observe how the market goes. There's bound to be people who would try to make good profit out of it. It still wise to focus on the main BTC, but I think i'd give BCC about a week or two before dumping it all in.
thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:31:21 PM

I guess you meant to say BCC for BTC. And yes, im going to sell my BCC for BTC, but im not sure if I will do it instantly, or I will speculate with it. There's people with a lot of money behind the BCC agenda, so they may pump it.

In any case, I don't believe in BCC long term. It has nothing to offer, the network effect is dead, no one accepts it, and it has a blocksize limit of 8MB ,which means I wouldn't be able to run a node in no time. No thanks.

It has no segwit, so that is good for the ones that thing segwit is a mistake and could lead to problems in the future. If segwit has any problems, I think they will show up way after BCC drops to the floor. BTC remains the safest bet of all cryptos.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 05:49:51 PM

August 1st is finally here. I hope everyone has their full nodes ready with all their bitcoins there. Time to dump all of our BCC for more free BTC. Easiest trade ever.

A reminder to get all of your coins off from exchanges and into your full nodes.

How is this free? You've either bought BCC (which cost you something), expect it to get pumped up and then you'll sell on the quick rise. Is that correct?

The concept of "you'll have an equal amount of BCC coins and BTC coins" does not mean you have double the number of coins. It means you'll be able to claim BCC OR BTC, not both. And your private keys are the source of record, they are interchangeable in both wallets. Once you claim your BCC you will now have an equal amount less available in BTC, and vice versa.

There's nothing free about this, especially if you think BCC is going to fail.

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:03:38 PM

Yes I have all my bitcoins in paper wallet right now but I don't know where to use those private key to send out my free BCC. Bitcoincash have listed http://www.electroncash.org/ as supporting wallet where we can import our private key but I am not finding them quite secure. So I might send off my bitcoins out of that address before importing it there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:12:08 PM

I'll probably keep my BCC and observe how the market goes. There's bound to be people who would try to make good profit out of it. It still wise to focus on the main BTC, but I think i'd give BCC about a week or two before dumping it all in.

This. I have my BTC in my Electrum wallet but I don't want to touch it until everything is clear after Aug 1 because I don't want to lose my BTC. Their are no clearer instructions yet on how to claim free altcoin using Electrum although I have seen a lot here but I'm not taking any risk for now. I will wait until the dust is settled before making any move. I'm more on BTC, so I will not focus on BCC but will probably dump in later.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:14:55 PM

Once you claim your BCC you will now have an equal amount less available in BTC, and vice versa.

Wow, that's just completely and utterly wrong.
Thatstinks

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:15:38 PM

How is this free? You've either bought BCC (which cost you something), expect it to get pumped up and then you'll sell on the quick rise. Is that correct?

The concept of "you'll have an equal amount of BCC coins and BTC coins" does not mean you have double the number of coins. It means you'll be able to claim BCC OR BTC, not both. And your private keys are the source of record, they are interchangeable in both wallets. Once you claim your BCC you will now have an equal amount less available in BTC, and vice versa.

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.

What are you talking about, if you own 1 BTC you will get 1 BCC/BCH period, it does take from your BTC total.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:16:05 PM

I'm not going to do anything. I'll keep running my Core node, but I'm going to avoid transacting for the foreseeable future, keeping coins intact on both chains before doing anything in haste.

If it turns out anything like Ethereum Classic, BTC supporters will dump BCC hard at the get-go. But as long as it isn't completely abandoned in the first couple weeks, BCC will probably rise and be relevant in the future (at least as an altcoin).

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:20:51 PM

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.

You are overcomplicating things to be honest.

When a fork happens, you get the same amount of coins you are holding on the legacy chain, on the other chain.

So if you have 10 BTC, you have 10 BCC. Unless you think BCC has a future, and I don't, you can sell your BCC for BTC. Have you increased your BTC amount? yes. I don't care how much, you have it increased it doing nothing, therefore free.

Sure. BTC against the USD may fall, because of the whole thing being a bit of a mess, but it will recover, and when it recovers, you will be holding more BTC than you did.

If you have the 1 BTC = 1 BTC mindset and stop caring about USD, you will see my point. If you believe in BTC long term, that should be your mindset, just to make more BTC, and dumping BCC for BTC is a way to make more BTC.

If you don't want to risk it, you can hold both and see what happens, that is understandable as well. I just don't see BCC gaining any traction, other than some dumb pumps ETC style (even tho in the case of Ethereum the non-original token is the original legacy chain... but I wouldn't go into that)
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:21:37 PM

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.

Wrong, bitcoincash is issued at a 1:1 rate. If you have exactly 1 bitcoin, then you will be issued exactly 1 bitcoincash. I think you better do some more research my friend. You may be missing out on profit.

Here read this
https://themerkle.com/bitcoin-cash-is-not-free-money/amp/

Let's ban together, all of us, as a community, to stamp out the fear, uncertainty,  and doubt. Crypto brothers in arms. Take charge, haaa!
 Wink

peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 446

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:25:52 PM

I'm not going to do anything. I'll keep running my Core node, but I'm going to avoid transacting for the foreseeable future, keeping coins intact on both chains before doing anything in haste.

If it turns out anything like Ethereum Classic, BTC supporters will dump BCC hard at the get-go. But as long as it isn't completely abandoned in the first couple weeks, BCC will probably rise and be relevant in the future (at least as an altcoin).

I think it will not get abandon because we all know that the backer of this coin has also a lot of funds behind him. It will stay relevant as long as there is people who are greedy and will try to manipulate its price in the future. It will live like ETC, have its moment but BTC will still be the dominant crypto currency. Yeah, probably good thing to hold at least before dumping it quickly.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:29:19 PM

BCC will absolutely plummet immediately. There are so many people waiting to dump, and as the price starts to drop the selling will just get more frantic. Where it goes after that, and how long it takes to level out, who knows. But the one thing I'm really sure of is a rapid initial price drop.
BenRickert

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:33:36 PM

I fail to see the intrinsic value of something that's only reason for existing, is to assuage some group of clown's ego's. Unless of course you're a proponent of an 8mb Block with 7mb's of spam in it. BCC is a fart in the wind.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:38:28 PM

I think it will not get abandon because we all know that the backer of this coin has also a lot of funds behind him. It will stay relevant as long as there is people who are greedy and will try to manipulate its price in the future. It will live like ETC, have its moment but BTC will still be the dominant crypto currency. Yeah, probably good thing to hold at least before dumping it quickly.

A big part of this, in my perspective, is just how much hashing power Bitmain is willing to point at Bitcoin Cash. I believe they control a very significant portion of the global hash rate. In that regard, they can do a lot to shape public opinion (including giving the appearance of a diverse set of mining interests backing BCC via different pools). People, unfortunately, put a lot of emphasis on hash rate, which makes this split all the more interesting...

Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:15:48 PM

If BCC reaches $1000 by Christmas a looooooooot of people are going to regret their life choices lol. I am not saying that it will but what if it actually did? Man this is getting so exciting. With SegWit2x coming up as well this is going to get real hot real soon  Cool

raymonddaf

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:28:13 PM

So at 12.20 the split happens but two things I don't get:

What will the market cap/price be of btc and bcc, btc is $46.5b / $2792 right now as soon as the split happens what happens with the cap and price of btc and bcc? Does btc stay same or half or what and bcc is this half of what btc is or zero?

Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:30:28 PM

That is the best explanation I've heard thus far,  much better than theymos's blurb.  Makes
sense to me now.  Still, it's an advantage, because if BCC did take off, that lottery ticket is
attached.   No harm in holding it, I guess, and no choice either.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: