Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:17:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get your ski mask on because tomorrow is going to be a robbery  (Read 1125 times)
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:45:38 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 08:48:26 PM by hatshepsut93

How is this free? You've either bought BCC (which cost you something), expect it to get pumped up and then you'll sell on the quick rise. Is that correct?

The concept of "you'll have an equal amount of BCC coins and BTC coins" does not mean you have double the number of coins. It means you'll be able to claim BCC OR BTC, not both. And your private keys are the source of record, they are interchangeable in both wallets. Once you claim your BCC you will now have an equal amount less available in BTC, and vice versa.

There's nothing free about this, especially if you think BCC is going to fail.

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.

Once you import your private keys to BCC client, nothing happens with your BTC, they are on different chains. Technically, there's a risk that BCC will use your private keys to steal your BTC, but it can be easily avoided by moving BTC to new wallet before importing private keys. So, you got everything wrong (or deliberately trolling). Google what replay protection is.

If BCC reaches $1000 by Christmas a looooooooot of people are going to regret their life choices lol. I am not saying that it will but what if it actually did? Man this is getting so exciting. With SegWit2x coming up as well this is going to get real hot real soon  Cool

BCC is an airdrop, there's less incentive to hodl it for primary owners (BTC users), since they got it for free, without investing anything. The price support of BCC will be formed by big block believers and people like Jihan and Ver.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:51:08 PM

August 1st is finally here. I hope everyone has their full nodes ready with all their bitcoins there. Time to dump all of our BCC for more free BTC. Easiest trade ever.

A reminder to get all of your coins off from exchanges and into your full nodes.

If you aren't running a full node, then put it in a paper wallet or something.

Just be ready to dump BitmainCoin, time to get some free chips.

How is this free? You've either bought BCC (which cost you something), expect it to get pumped up and then you'll sell on the quick rise. Is that correct?

The concept of "you'll have an equal amount of BCC coins and BTC coins" does not mean you have double the number of coins. It means you'll be able to claim BCC OR BTC, not both. And your private keys are the source of record, they are interchangeable in both wallets. Once you claim your BCC you will now have an equal amount less available in BTC, and vice versa.

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.
That is the best explanation I've heard thus far

Except that it's completely wrong.
Justaguy2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:00:29 PM

August 1st is finally here. I hope everyone has their full nodes ready with all their bitcoins there. Time to dump all of our BCC for more free BTC. Easiest trade ever.

A reminder to get all of your coins off from exchanges and into your full nodes.

The only "lottery-like" win here is elect to take BCC immediately and the conversion is something like 1BTC:1000BCC and then  BCC takes off days, weeks, or months after.

This thread made me lol a lot. Shills most be shilling for the last day.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:01:40 PM

Oh.  Well habbear better get his head screwed on straight and stop with the
misinformation if that's the case.  Seems like more people are disagreeing with him
so I'll assume he is, in fact,  wrong.  It makes sense that even if private keys are the same,
BCC chain should not know what BTC chain is doing.  Someone else put forth that
explanation and that also makes since. 
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:20:29 PM

Read this first because your entire post is like people love to say around here - FUD

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/bitcoin-cash-what-you-need-to-know-c25df28995cf
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:11:38 PM

Read this first because your entire post is like people love to say around here - FUD

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/bitcoin-cash-what-you-need-to-know-c25df28995cf

thank you for that, I was wondering what exchanges were going to credit equivalent balances. I have a question: how are we supposed to actually split the coins? Is it as easy as importing your private key into a BCC wallet, and spending, or is there something special we are going to have to do to soend both balances?

I am opting for one of the exchanges, just to avoid the headache. And I really dont believe in exchanges Sad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: