Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:00:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think that split will take place?  (Read 490 times)
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

I have read about the split that is about to happen tomorrow and still find it hard to believe. Will bitcoin loose its value? Will bitcoin cash have more value than bitcoin. What will happen if everything doesn't go as planned and days afterwards bitcoiners loose their bitccoins in their wallets. But surely they know what they are doing. Any one with an opinion to share?

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
datafish
Donator

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:31:31 PM

Yes, the chain will split. Just sit tight and don't panic. It will ultimately be a good thing because the civil war will be over. Life is good.  Smiley

Edit: To answer your other questions, nobody knows. There is never a dull or predictable moment in the crypto space, so enjoy the ride.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:33:42 PM

I have read about the split that is about to happen tomorrow and still find it hard to believe. Will bitcoin loose its value? Will bitcoin cash have more value than bitcoin. What will happen if everything doesn't go as planned and days afterwards bitcoiners loose their bitccoins in their wallets. But surely they know what they are doing. Any one with an opinion to share?

A split can take place at ANY time, you just need the hashrate to mine blocks. If Bitmain and ViaBTC are going to support BCC, then yes, there will be a split by tomorrow and we will have 2 bitcoins, even tho I don't call it a bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash IS an altcoin, so if you are worried about it, stop worrying. The market crash price happens because noobs worry and whales take advantage of this.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:38:01 PM

BicoinCash is just another altcoin but with an airdrop giving bitcoin holders free coins.  Unless something crazy happens and people start supporting the wrong coin.
coin_1122

Activity: 1134
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:41:52 PM

BicoinCash is just another altcoin but with an airdrop giving bitcoin holders free coins.  Unless something crazy happens and people start supporting the wrong coin.

I think people are not showing any interest towards BCC, they are waiting for Airdrop to get more BTC which they will dump BCC into the market.
People already understand that it is just like another Clone like altcoin but in future, the value of BCC will be much lesser than the actual price.
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 04:43:18 PM

You can just treat BitcoinCash as another altcoin. It's good though that we're all gonna get some free coins of it.

Will bitcoin loose its value? Will bitcoin cash have more value than bitcoin.
Go down in price? Maybe. But be less valuable than BCC , impossible.

What will happen if everything doesn't go as planned and days afterwards bitcoiners loose their bitccoins in their wallets. But surely they know what they are doing. Any one with an opinion to share?

You can't lose bitcoins from your wallet ? There will be two separate blockchains that don't share anything in common.
Wallets are just private keys that record a log of transactions. There's no actual balance that you hold.

Just don't worry. That quickly-programmed coin will be a big fail. But at least the other team will see that it's a failure and stop talking nonsense for some time.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:49:44 PM

Yes, the chain will split. Just sit tight and don't panic. It will ultimately be a good thing because the civil war will be over. Life is good.  Smiley

Edit: To answer your other questions, nobody knows. There is never a dull or predictable moment in the crypto space, so enjoy the ride.

The chain will split.

Not necessarily...

Just sit tight and don't panic.

Of course panicking is not good, but everyone will be dumping their Bitcoin Cash immediately so I think we should also. No point in selling for pennies... think about it.

It will ultimately be a good thing because the civil war will be over.

Yes, this whole ordeal has been a pain to deal with.
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:54:24 PM

I guess I will just have wait and see..Hopefully its for the best. Let's just that we won't loose our bitcoins

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:56:54 PM

A split can take place at ANY time, you just need the hashrate to mine blocks. If Bitmain and ViaBTC are going to support BCC, then yes, there will be a split by tomorrow and we will have 2 bitcoins, even tho I don't call it a bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash IS an altcoin, so if you are worried about it, stop worrying. The market crash price happens because noobs worry and whales take advantage of this.
so do you think that split will in anyway affect the value of bitcoin itself?

grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:57:43 PM

The split is definitely going to happen, there are a lot of exchanges who have agree to trade the Bitcoin Cash which i believe is definite proof that the split is going to happen. But i doubt Bitcoin Cash is going to be in the system for a long time. Its going to have a very short life.

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:59:41 PM

what do you think will happen if it turns out that the altcoin you referred to earlier as bitcoin cash has more value than bitcoin itself?

FrankNoland (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:04:22 PM

The split is definitely going to happen, there are a lot of exchanges who have agree to trade the Bitcoin Cash which i believe is definite proof that the split is going to happen. But i doubt Bitcoin Cash is going to be in the system for a long time. Its going to have a very short life.
Let's just hope that it doesn't affect the value of bitcoin hard.

satoshforever

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:08:02 PM

There will be a split but nobody knows what will happen with Bitcoin Cash's price. My guess is that it'll be alive but cheaper than BTC. I also think that it'll encourage more hard forks in the future and that there will be many Bitcoins.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:13:46 PM

An IOU already trading at Yobit and futures at HitBTC:

https://yobit.net/en/trade/BCC/BTC

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/BCCF-to-BTC

Price is quite high at the moment, how far will it crash when everybody got his hands on BCC?

Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 05:46:41 PM

Well, even though the split happen I see the market value of Bitcoin on the increase while the so call bitcoin cash or BCC will have no negative effects on bitcoin price because at the moment, the market value of Bitcoin is still on the increase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: