Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest way to Dump BCC tomorrow at 12:20pm UTC? Timing is important  (Read 3203 times)
very_452001 (OP)

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:41:12 PM

Im worried that by the time I log into my wallet, send BCC to an exchange, log into exchange etc. that BCC may already reach $0 value meaning I was too late to dump so might as well hold right? No point selling it for pennies.

So whats the fastest way to dump bcc, whats everybody's plans?

Also do we have to split BCC from BTC first in our wallets which means even more precious time consumed correct?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:46:16 PM

Im worried that by the time I log into my wallet, send BCC to an exchange, log into exchange etc. that BCC may already reach $0 value meaning I was too late to dump so might as well hold right? No point selling it for pennies.

Also do we have to split BCC from BTC first in our wallets which means even more precious time consumed correct?

I actually laughed at the first sentence. Seeing how Bitcoin Cash is getting completely rejected by all, it would not surprise me to see a negative value... hahaha.  Grin

On a serious note, you have a point. Except it will not reach $0 because many people will be sleeping/working, etc.
Bitforking

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:52:24 PM

you should sleep on it, as it for sure not going to get a negative value. you can only gain, no loss
tavr

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:52:38 PM

let's wait untill tomorrow and we will see Wink
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 05:17:05 PM

Haha, so you've bought some BCC already and are just planning to participate in the pump and dump? How noble of you.

I actually laughed at the first sentence. Seeing how Bitcoin Cash is getting completely rejected by all, it would not surprise me to see a negative value... hahaha.  Grin

Exactly. I suppose what support exists is silent and will be demonstrated in the miners that turn away from BTC and toward BCC tomorrow and onward.

Remember, this is not a 24 hour answer. We will not know how this plays out over hours, it will take days or weeks to know the true fate of both of these coins.

So to the OP's point, I think you'll have multiple opportunities to make a quick profit on something you clearly don't give much of a shit about to begin with.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:24:31 PM

Just found that bitcoincash have already launched http://www.electroncash.org/ which I think is clone of electrum wallet. I will be testing it with small amount just after the split tomorrow but before I import my privatekey there I will move all of my bitcoin from that address to another address. And than I will send those free BCC from that wallet to yobit where I will quickly sell it for good amount (hope I can sell it at above $200)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:32:46 PM

I'm not even gonna give it a try. It's a waste of my time.

I'll see what its worth after a while, but i expect it to be around 1$/bch.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:34:58 PM

What you talking about?

It has been done and issued out already:
https://yobit.net/en/trade/BCC/BTC#12H

Over an hour and half ago!
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:35:40 PM

Just found that bitcoincash have already launched http://www.electroncash.org/ which I think is clone of electrum wallet. I will be testing it with small amount just after the split tomorrow but before I import my privatekey there I will move all of my bitcoin from that address to another address. And than I will send those free BCC from that wallet to yobit where I will quickly sell it for good amount (hope I can sell it at above $200)

Im using a full node, can I export the private keys into the Electron Cash software? Is the format compatible or there will be problems?

Ideally, you want to run both nodes (Bitcoin Core node and Bitcoin Cash nodes) and them import the keys to guarantee everything goes right, but even if I already have my blockchain downloaded, I would need the verify the entire blockchain on the Bitcoin Cash node, and who knows how much time that will take, it may take an entire day of verification, my computer is not very fast, I guess with a modern i7 it wouldn't be a problem tho, so I recommend if you have a full node already, do that if your computer is fast.
DeadlyCalculator

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:44:10 PM

It's important to dumb BCC as soon as possible since bitcoin's value is gonna go down the moment the fork happens. And you wanna retain as much of that value as possible.

Also, BCC value is gonna drop, so even if you wanted to hold BCC for some reason, it'll still be beneficial to sell right away and buy back the amount you originally had at a fraction of the price.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:50:03 PM

According to the figures at ViaBTC, BCC is currently trading against CNY by 1:1,900 which is the equivalent of about $282. I doubt the new currency will go down that quickly even though its been slipping since it was first listed on the website.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:11:55 PM

According to the figures at ViaBTC, BCC is currently trading against CNY by 1:1,900 which is the equivalent of about $282. I doubt the new currency will go down that quickly even though its been slipping since it was first listed on the website.

If you've followed futures trading for the ICOs, you would know that the futures usually trade at about 10x of what the real exchange price is going to be.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:27:34 PM

If you've followed futures trading for the ICOs, you would know that the futures usually trade at about 10x of what the real exchange price is going to be.

Bitcoin Cash futures:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/

$282.97 (-20.19%)
0.10172400 BTC (-22.04%)

Bitcoin Unlimited futures:

$235.00 (-1.32%)
0.08448010 BTC (-3.59%)

Looks like the price tends to go around $250 ish with the hardfork attempts, which if you theory is correct, the price should dump all the way down to $25 pretty quick. We will find out tomorrow, it's going to be exciting.
Gintama214

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:29:11 PM

First of all there is nothing to get worry about it until it happens, don't think make your own scenario of it and it makes you worry of it. Aug 1 is tomorrow, what we can do is just wait until it happens, no point of worrying of something that your not sure of what will happen. I myself don't even think about it but when the time comes, that's when you take your action. You don't need to split your BCC from BTC it totally depends on you if there will be no split but if there will be a split, what would I do is just keep for it, and see if the price of BCC will pump or dump. What we can do now is just hope for the best and Good luck to everyone. Wink
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 06:30:22 PM

Its not going to end up zero, there will be supporters to BCC still.
We don't know yet which one is going to be supported by miners so hold your BCC still. Not everyone is going to reject BCC otherwise there isn;t the need to split.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:37:58 PM

I hope you can go back here mate to let us know about the result of your testing. I still have a few btc on my Electrum but I'm worried so I will just let it sit there for a while before dumping the equivalent BCC.

you should sleep on it, as it for sure not going to get a negative value. you can only gain, no loss

Probably best advise as well. Just sleep it over and just wait everything tomorrow. You will not loss anything as long as you are not touching it. It will be dump for sure but I think it will not go to 0 or negative value.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:08:01 PM

Haha, so you've bought some BCC already and are just planning to participate in the pump and dump? How noble of you.

Exactly. I suppose what support exists is silent and will be demonstrated in the miners that turn away from BTC and toward BCC tomorrow and onward.

Remember, this is not a 24 hour answer. We will not know how this plays out over hours, it will take days or weeks to know the true fate of both of these coins.

So to the OP's point, I think you'll have multiple opportunities to make a quick profit on something you clearly don't give much of a shit about to begin with.

Haven't bought or received any BCC yet.
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:08:46 PM

On a serious note, you have a point. Except it will not reach $0 because many people will be sleeping/working, etc.

negative value = debt correct?
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:13:23 PM

Quick dump will not kill Bitcoin Cash, it will only give a great opportunity for their supporters to reload ammo at very low price and waiting for opportunity to come back. At least I think so.

Dump is actually "use it", if you don't support it just done use it at all.
very_452001 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:15:58 PM

First of all there is nothing to get worry about it until it happens, don't think make your own scenario of it and it makes you worry of it. Aug 1 is tomorrow, what we can do is just wait until it happens, no point of worrying of something that your not sure of what will happen. I myself don't even think about it but when the time comes, that's when you take your action. You don't need to split your BCC from BTC it totally depends on you if there will be no split but if there will be a split, what would I do is just keep for it, and see if the price of BCC will pump or dump. What we can do now is just hope for the best and Good luck to everyone. Wink

What you mean it wont need manual splitting?

According to ledger nano s it requires manual splitting from the user:

https://blog.ledger.co/securing-your-free-bitcoin-cash-stash-d50aff765688

What do they mean by that?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: