Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:59:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any altcoins that can be mined easily?  (Read 563 times)
Naster (OP)

Activity: 698
Merit: 274

Crypto Currency Exchange, IPTV, AWS

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:52:18 PM

I want to know list of altcoins that basically can be mined by an old hardware. Even if they were worth few satoshies, I wouldn't mind mining them with an old hardware that I've got.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
y2j89

Activity: 1027
Merit: 316

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:55:17 PM

That depends... can you specify "old hardware"? Wink
Naster (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:59:26 PM

Old hardware as in an old laptop (Lenovo with 8500m), I know that it isn't efficient to mine with laptops, but I'd like to try it out with those easily min-able coins. I have got a good cooler btw.

Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:02:20 PM

Old hardware as in an old laptop (Lenovo with 8500m), I know that it isn't efficient to mine with laptops, but I'd like to try it out with those easily min-able coins. I have got a good cooler btw.

You should not. Doing so would take a significant toll on the laptop's battery and provide you with nothing.
Worthless shitcoins (the only ones you could potentially mine in big amounts) most likely don't have pools, and solo mining would be a huge hit or miss.
Naster (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:06:34 PM

I know it's worthless and that it damages my battery ( btw my laptop's battery is already dead, im using it with AC power adapter ) I just want to try it out and see how it works and all that.

Would it be possible for you to give me the names of those called shitcoins so that I can give it a try ?   Smiley

lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:13:06 PM

Mooncoin is the easiest.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:38:35 PM

I want to know list of altcoins that basically can be mined by an old hardware. Even if they were worth few satoshies, I wouldn't mind mining them with an old hardware that I've got.

Also consider me as having no definite knowledge with mining, but I am really willing to accept the challenge as well. Such rumors came out that mining for now is not that profitable compared from early days of bitcoin so as altcoins. That's due to the expensive miners nowadays using super computers having bigger load of processors requiring enough power source, and mining here in my country consumes a lot of electricity. Power generation charges is very expensive. My friend recommended me also mining gpu's but I have no decisions for now and learning of it is really bit a pressure because of my busy life for family and career.

Sev18

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:33:49 AM

Musicoin, digibyte..try some minorities.

■■■■■■■  Multi-Algo Switching Manager - MULTIPOOL MULTIALGO Profit Switch Launcher  ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■             https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041971             ■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■                           Download Now!                           ■■■■■■■
Larz952002
Copper Member

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:51:01 AM

likecoin 
Naster (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:59:21 AM

btw guys, which mining program can you suggest me to mine? I have AMD mobile graphics and have tried CGMiner and BFGMiner but I wasn't successful mining through them.

Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:27:12 AM

btw guys, which mining program can you suggest me to mine? I have AMD mobile graphics and have tried CGMiner and BFGMiner but I wasn't successful mining through them.

If you're trying to make money, I would not recommend mining with your current hardware. If your electricity costs are low enough and you don't care about your hardware, then it might still be profitable, but I would keep expectations low.

The most recent versions of CGMiner no longer support GPU mining.

If you're just starting out with mining, I would try NiceHash. It's not the best for profitability, but you'll get an idea of how much you can expect to make. (If you use NiceHash, I would just take a look at what algorithms your system appears to perform well on, then join a pool to mine a coin that uses that algorithm. If you only have that one system and keep using NiceHash, it'll take a very long time for you to reach the minimum BTC payout threshold, not to mention the burden of fees...)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███