Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:24:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinics  (Read 338 times)
Vikerus (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

Learning something new everyday.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:56:33 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 03:08:20 AM by Vikerus

I have been reading through some rather troubling news about the Fed's taking down and seizing the assets of a major exchange company...

"The US Government has taken its most serious action yet against the popular cyber-currency
Bitcoin by shutting down transfers between payment provider Dwolla
and a Japanese exchange where the currency is traded."
~Link:http://gigaom.com/2013/05/14/homeland-security-seizes-funds-at-main-bitcoin-exchange-report/

This got me thinking about the whole system that is the digital currency, I came up with a way we could avoid taking hits from the Govt.
while also helping legitimize Bitcoin (and it's off shoots.) It has to do with the way we trade coins and products. Using the exchangers
is very handy and you have an added level of security in the process of trades but the trade off is feeding a company that is out for pure
profit (also it's vulnerable to govt. actions.) The idea is to use the postal service and p2p trading practices, you could consider the small amount of money it costs to send a package or envelope the "transaction fee." But the difference is that postal fee goes toward sustaining someones payroll. Instead of growing someones personal nest egg to ridiculously greedy amounts.

I'm sure a lot of people might think this is a moot point or goal. But I happen to know that if it's received by enough people and brought
to fruit that a large portion of the worlds community would benefit from the smart co-operative use of this system of credit to effect the
real world in a positive way. Anything can be used as a tool for good. I like to think that Bitcoin could be a really useful one to humanity.

*I also want to know if it's okay for me to link this thread or another one that I create to my website using the iframe function. This way
people can know where to join in the conversation.*

Bitcoinics: http://www.btcuniversity.co.nf/OPmakechange.html
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: