Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:31:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex withdraw request has been "Awaiting Approval" for over a week!  (Read 381 times)
gwty92 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:45:55 PM

Dear community, I'm reaching out here to pass on my version of events as to what's been happening between myself and Poloniex over the past week, I'm still yet to receive a response and it's beginning to cause concern. My account balance holds over $70k, so for obvious reasons
I'm not going to mention my Poloniex e-mail address here, for security purposes and for my own sanity, I'd prefer to leave that out as we all know the kinds of spam that would come flooding in..

As a fully verified and long-term trader with Poloniex, I'd have thought that I'd be treated with a little bit of support as and when required. I've attempted to process a withdrawal (not too large) just under a week ago, and to my surprise, up comes the "Awaiting Approval" notice. I have since opened a ticket raising concern as to why this has happened and have received no human interaction from the support team, other than the ticket being responded to with what seems to be an automated message from "Adebajo" and the ticket itself being allocated to a support team member named "Javan".

They never respond. Because this is quite a large amount of money (to me), it makes no sense as to why they wouldn't respond to my requests, except to say that that a reasonable person would consider them insolvent, or simply backlogged with thousands of tickets. (But wasn't the trollbox indefinitely disabled to free up time for the support team to handle these kinds of situations?).
Almost a week later, and nothing (despite me adding a bunch of messages onto the support ticket in a desperate attempt to get some kind of response).

I fully agree with those of you who claim that holding money on an exchange is never a good idea. But I've put my trust in Poloniex for over a year now, and up until now they haven't done me wrong.

In light of Poloniex recently announcing their plans to not support the happenings on August 1st, I ask the question as to who gets my "Bitcoin Cash" when the chain-split occurs? After all, I don't have the private keys for the Poloniex wallets, I only have my own. I'm trying to exercise the right to hold possession of my coins, is that too much to ask?

As an honest and hardworking trader, I kindly ask that someone, somewhere from Poloniex hopefully sees this post and can reach out to me to provide some support in this matter.
God bless.

In case anyone from Poloniex manages to see this, the ticket ID is: #337772

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gwty92 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:52:57 PM

I've read somewhere that some users were displayed this message and eventually got a response and it turned out that it's because they connected to their Poloniex account from different IP addresses on a regular basis. This is something that I also do (but I have a legitimate and valid explanation for this). Just wish someone would respond so this can be cleared up.. My family is beginning to suffer without me having access to my traded cryptos Sad
gwty92 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:31:05 AM

Anybody else currently experiencing the same issue?
matheussiq8

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:04:49 AM

Same here... been waiting for 5 days with the "Awaiting Approval" status, sent emails to support and no sign of life.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:39:04 AM

Actually this is a long standing problem with poloniex and they are not fixing it seriously. I also previously encountered old users on poloniex who experienced the same problems as you, I personally also have experienced the same problems as you and happened many times to me. Poloniex does not have any active support anywhere, at least on twitter. They are like scam sites that have the trust of many users.

I can solve this "Awaiting Approval" problem by way of "Linked Accounts", I'm a new user in poloniex and I linked my account to my friend who has long been a poloniex user, that way works well. But, for an old user like you, I'm not sure old users can solve this problem the way I've done it.

I also did not get a good response from them, I only get a response from them only once a week.

This is my thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1950880.msg19380646#msg19380646

Hope this helps you a little.
God bless you
gwty92 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:30:43 PM

Still haven't received a response on my tickets as of yet. Also tried messaging Mike-Poloniex on Reddit for a potential resolution, but still no response.. I've also linked my other Poloniex account to my main account and requested withdraws to be enabled via support but AGAIN no response!
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:40:08 PM

it seems they are insolvent  Roll Eyes

https://cointelegraph.com/news/rumors-of-insolvency-circulate-among-users-of-bitcoin-exchange-poloniex-support-slow# 

withdrawn your funds from Poloniex as long as you can.
gwty92 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 05:18:59 PM

I guess nobody over there gives a shit. PERFECT!
gwty92 (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 12:27:39 AM

Just an update. Still no response almost a month later!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: