Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:41:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UPDATED]: [BREAKING NEWS]: It Is Now 1st August 12:20 UTC  (Read 7233 times)
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:25:19 AM

What news? What happened to bitcoin on the 1st of August? Is there something important about bitcoin?

So, you're not aware of what's happening in the Bitcoin world? The Chain Split or Bitcoin Hard Fork, and/or the issue between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash? You may want to read the following...

https://bitcoin.org/en/alert/2017-07-12-potential-split 

https://news.bitcoin.com/

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-cash-101-need-know-tomorrows-fork/

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-fork-watch-bitcoin-cash-hard-fork-august-1/

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/31/blockchain-fork-will-create-new-digital-crypto-currency-bitcoin-cash.html

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-bitcoin-trust-reveals-post-fork-contingency-plan/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anon4250158

Activity: 266
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:30:33 AM

Nothing really happen, bitcoin will go strongly from there, BCC is just a small altcoin style fork, I am pretty happen with it. I dumped at Yobit and I gained some BTCs, good job!

This is the impression I'm getting- BCC is just another altcoin (an expensive one, but still...).  Other than Kraken, Bitfinex and Yobit, what other exchanges are offering BCC?  Poloniex still hasn't decided, has it?
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:32:09 AM

I cant see any effects on bitcoin so far, as i can see the price of bitcoin are still strong but i dont know if the split happened already. In my view maybe theres  a small affect on bitcoin price but it will not beat the bitcoin itself.
tiger2monkey

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:35:12 AM

I cant see any effects on bitcoin so far, as i can see the price of bitcoin are still strong but i dont know if the split happened already. In my view maybe theres  a small affect on bitcoin price but it will not beat the bitcoin itself.
Yes. BTC price is higher than 24 hours ago. It is getting stronger.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:42:40 AM

Yes. BTC price is higher than 24 hours ago. It is getting stronger.

BTC is rising because the update went well, BCC split has nothing to do with the update itself.
This does not mean that the BTC price won´t be affected by the BCC fork.

[could be your ad]
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:48:47 AM

There is a countdown clock so the fork will take place a few hours from now so you can watch it live here if all is successful. Enjoy watching the clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170801T1220&p0=1440&msg=Bitcoin+Cash+Hardfork&font=sanserif Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Bittoshi

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:50:51 AM

Nothing really happen, bitcoin will go strongly from there, BCC is just a small altcoin style fork, I am pretty happen with it. I dumped at Yobit and I gained some BTCs, good job!

This is the impression I'm getting- BCC is just another altcoin (an expensive one, but still...).  Other than Kraken, Bitfinex and Yobit, what other exchanges are offering BCC?  Poloniex still hasn't decided, has it?

It's still expensive but wait a little more until everyone tries to sell their free BCC. Price for BCC will fall deep. Let's see if it ever can rise up again.

Bitgesell (BGL):  A modern and truly scarce store of value. Burn rate is 90% of tx fee. Yearly block reward halving.

It's just the beginning!
bblboy54

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:56:37 AM

It's still expensive but wait a little more until everyone tries to sell their free BCC. Price for BCC will fall deep. Let's see if it ever can rise up again.

I don't expect it'll be easy to sell immediately?
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:07:42 AM

There is a countdown clock so the fork will take place a few hours from now so you can watch it live here if all is successful. Enjoy watching the clock: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20170801T1220&p0=1440&msg=Bitcoin+Cash+Hardfork&font=sanserif Grin

That's pretty neat, but BitcoinCash.org says it's going to happen after 12:20 UTC.

The criterion for activation of the Bitcoin Cash hard fork activation is based on "Median Time Past", or MTP. This means that the chain split will not occur at exactly 12:20 UTC on Aug. 1st, but some time after.

MTP is a statistic calculated over 11 blocks, and trails behind wall clock time by about 6 blocks. This means that the last common block will be approximately the 6th block with a timestamp after 12:20pm. The block after that will be different on either chain.

Source: https://www.bitcoincash.org/activation

Here are some other tools:

https://blockchair.com/bitcoin-cash/mempool/blocks
https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

User365

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

physics, mathematics and engineering

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:08:13 AM

If you had all your BTC on an exchange which supports BCC, you can trade immediatelly, otherwise you will have to deposit your BCC first and in this case I agree with you, this will take it´s time (compared with traders which have their BCC already on their exchange.

[could be your ad]
addie77

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:12:00 AM

Probably not immediately which is a good thing, but as soon as exchanges start listing it the price will crash. Just wonder what it's speculative bottom will be, at what price will it seem attractive enough to actually trade valuable BTC for. 100:1? 1000:1? 1 BCC for 1 satoshi?
Only one way to find out.
bblboy54

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:19:03 AM

If you had all your BTC on an exchange which supports BCC, you can trade immediatelly, otherwise you will have to deposit your BCC first and in this case I agree with you, this will take it´s time (compared with traders which have their BCC already on their exchange.

If only I was trusting enough to have my coin on an exchange Smiley
Currently the little BTC that I have is in an Armory wallet and I haven't yet set up a BCC wallet....  Putting my key somewhere else is a bit scary but of course there's the risk/reward thing.  After the split is it going to be too late to set up a BCC wallet to claim my BCC?
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:22:33 AM

As above.

And the big event..... Waiting..... Yet waiting.... Nothing is happening, then I read on some sites it takes place later in the day or it was supposed to take place but It didn't, there way to much confusion as of now and lack of clarity, it is important for all of us to know, so if anyone knows this or can confirm what I feel, that there will be no bcc as the miners who were supporting it decided not to or that it will happen at utc 11? Lot of confusion.
bblboy54

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:27:38 AM

As above.

And the big event..... Waiting..... Yet waiting.... Nothing is happening, then I read on some sites it takes place later in the day or it was supposed to take place but It didn't, there way to much confusion as of now and lack of clarity, it is important for all of us to know, so if anyone knows this or can confirm what I feel, that there will be no bcc as the miners who were supporting it decided not to or that it will happen at utc 11? Lot of confusion.

I have limited knowledge but where you (and many others) are getting confused is the 12:20 AM vs PM issue....  The BCC fork is going to happen despite the fact that BIP148 already activated and it's going to happen after UTC 12:20 PM which is still 6 hours or so in the future.  The whole BCC thing came out of nowhere because, as I understood it, as of a few days ago it wasn't going to happen unless BIP148 failed but BCC decided to do it anyway so it's GOING to happen -- we just don't know the impact.
addie77

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:29:41 AM

Currently the little BTC that I have is in an Armory wallet and I haven't yet set up a BCC wallet....  Putting my key somewhere else is a bit scary but of course there's the risk/reward thing.  After the split is it going to be too late to set up a BCC wallet to claim my BCC?
No, you have your keys you have your BCC, simple as that.
bblboy54

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:34:35 AM

No, you have your keys you have your BCC, simple as that.

In that case I think I'm heading to bed and wake up to a brave new world Smiley
loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:37:33 AM

Now everyone is watching what actually SegWit change bitcoin world today. how big affects segregated witness on bitcoin price  and gateway transaction of bitcoin. i am waiting what happens post 1 August.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:57:36 AM

This is insane. Right now the exchange rate in Yobit is 1 BCC = BTC0.1410

This almost 14 times higher than the value which I thought BCC would be listing. The trends will be clear only after approx. 10 hours, when the BCC distribution will actually happen. But if the exchange rates in Yobit are anywhere closer to the actual exchange rates, then expect complete chaos.
The question is how long will this last? I because the amount of sellers is waaaay higher than the amount of buyers. So essentially the price should drop to 10-20$.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:49:05 AM

So Yobit is just assuming that BCC will exist and are offering it to trade before it actually does. Anyone remember the shitshow resulting from HitBTC offering BTU to trade before it actually existed?  Cheesy
LOL I saw BTU on HITBTC a long time ago and had no idea  why was there

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:54:26 AM

FUD and FOMO everywhere. So annoying.

Topics like these are simply irrelevant.

Nothing will happen on 1aug.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: