Bitcoin Forum
September 22, 2024, 10:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Cryptsy send an email after withdrawal confirmation?  (Read 231 times)
raptorred81 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:05:49 AM

I used Cryptsy and BTC-e in 2014. I moved most coins to cold storage but left some in the exchanges. Since both exchanges are (seemingly) dead I have no way of knowing how many coins remained in them, although it wasn't many. Many of the exchanges I used back then emailed to confirm when a transfer happened included an address. Using the blockchain and whoswho I am able to track each coin and determine when I sent them to BTC-e and Cryptsy and when they left (if they did). But I am hitting a block with tracking with my archived Cryptsy emails and was curious if someone could parse them.

I have a number of emails from Cryptsy with the subject "Confirm your withdrawal" and use the following format:
This email is to confirm your withdrawal request at Cryptsy.com

Username: XXXX
Net Amount of Withdrawal: XXXX BTC
Withdrawal Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You will need to confirm this request by clicking the following link:
(link)

When I look up the withdrawal addresses on the blockchain they do not exist and thus have no transactions. Searching the whoswho also shows no address. And I don't have any emails that actually confirm the withdrawal occurred. My question to those who used Cryptsy is: when the request was confirmed did Cryptsy send a 2nd email with the actual recipient address and confirmation of the transfer? I don't have any of those so I am wondering if I forgot to confirm the transfer and never clicked the link (which seems unlikely). Or did Cryptsy never send an email record of where the coin was sent after confirmation? Finally, what is the Withdrawal address above and why is it not on the blockchain?

Thank you for your help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: