Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it true Baikal releasing a massive GHs miner  (Read 2037 times)
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:09:33 AM

Hello

i just got a email from a friend in China who suggest me to wait and not buy Baikal Giant Plus 2000 Mhs because apparently Baikal is going to have a surprise come back with massive capacity new miner to gain back its place in the Dash Asic mining and show who is the boss.

Please confirm if you have also heard this? I remember that when iBelink was to release the massive 10.8 Ghs and some Russian posted in forum then everybody was thinking its not true but apparently just after a month iBelink released it.

Whats your advice

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mark.goodbye

Activity: 160
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 07:41:43 AM

It would be great if Baikal will release new miner, as they do good things, but I have not heard anything about it

Wanna know more about cryptocurrency? Check my blog - https://usehodl.com
Steven3iii

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:50:32 AM

No. I don't think so.

It would be a little pointless as the DASH x11 hash rate will be not worth mining after October. Wink

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitcoinexplorer (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:53:00 AM

No. I don't think so.

It would be a little pointless as the DASH x11 hash rate will be not worth mining after October. Wink

But if l look in past such rumors are always initiated by companies themselves to prepare the customers and then they release it. Remember baikal is multi algo miner so x11 difficulty does not matter and by the way difficulty keeps increasing, its a general rule.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:47:52 AM

The problem is one, $/Mhs price, if it is coherent with the price of the other competitors the will sell the miners otherwise.... NO ROI NO PARTY  Grin
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:15:06 PM

They are trying to sell their Giant+ at $4000 at the moment. Considering that all their other miners were sold out instantly and they are now actively emailing people trying to sell the Giant+ I think it's safe to say that the Giant+ hasn't sold as much as they expected.

If they really have another miner almost ready I would expect a price drop for the Giant+ very soon, so we'll see...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:17:51 PM

Baikal is done, once bitmain is in town it's game over for pretty much everyone else.

Hello

i just got a email from a friend in China who suggest me to wait and not buy Baikal Giant Plus 2000 Mhs because apparently Baikal is going to have a surprise come back with massive capacity new miner to gain back its place in the Dash Asic mining and show who is the boss.

Please confirm if you have also heard this? I remember that when iBelink was to release the massive 10.8 Ghs and some Russian posted in forum then everybody was thinking its not true but apparently just after a month iBelink released it.

Whats your advice

Thanks.
buggy166

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:49:01 PM

They are trying to sell their Giant+ at $4000 at the moment. Considering that all their other miners were sold out instantly and they are now actively emailing people trying to sell the Giant+ I think it's safe to say that the Giant+ hasn't sold as much as they expected.

If they really have another miner almost ready I would expect a price drop for the Giant+ very soon, so we'll see...

their 2 Gh/s miner was sold in China only, and to "friends" or busines partners there, while being kept a secret.

They played the game and they overplayed their hand. Now They're paying the price for it. One of those things isnt worth much over $1000, maybe $1200, at todays and especially October's hash rates.

Kept the miner from the public eye for too long, no one knew about it, and only a few select guys in China had units.

Then they saw the Ibelinks starting to ship out, the difficulty increasing, and they tried to dump their 2gh/s miners for $7000 a piece....a price based on the April 2017 hash rates. Cue Innosilicon announcement, cue Bitmain announcement, and their 2gh/s machines are all of a sudden not worth much more than the price of manufacturing.

Also agreed, once Bitmain comes in, its game over for the little guys.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:36:36 PM

I can see a possibility of Baikal working on and releasing a "next generation" miner - but they're behind the curve at this point, they are going to have to come out with something VERY impressive on efficiency or they are going to have to compete on price a LOT better than they have been.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Steven3iii

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:46:28 AM

I think that Baikal selling a miner that you can buy now in real time with five days delivery and have it running by the end of next week is good.

Anything beyond that at whatever hash is just speculation. And that is if it actually turns up at your house.

Think delays.  Grin

2 GH in the hand is better than 12 GH in theory. The ROI at the moment is literally 44 days on the Baikal. Who knows what it is in a month...let alone two or three.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:32:04 AM

I'm going to gloat over the death of Baikal. They suck so much. They cannot increase their mining speed 10x, they do not have the tech.

wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:50:54 PM

The ROI at the moment is literally 44 days on the Baikal. Who knows what it is in a month...let alone two or three.

HAHAHAHAH 44 days  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin . Do you work for BAIKAL?
NoxX

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:25:37 PM

The ROI at the moment is literally 44 days on the Baikal. Who knows what it is in a month...let alone two or three.

HAHAHAHAH 44 days  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin . Do you work for BAIKAL?

Lol, not sure where the 44 days come from. Even Nicehash's calculator, which is based on past 30 days profitability says something like 120 days for 2GH at $4000.

At $4000 this thing will never ROI. At $2000 it might just about make it's price back. At $1000 I would buy a few  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Merlig

Activity: 143
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:36:46 PM

Seems to be that Giant+ is still on sale.
$4000 is to much
Steven3iii

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:40:29 PM

No. If you can't work out the ROI, it seems plain to me why you are not buying.

You know that it mines other algos, right?

I agree that you should wait. It is not your time. Undecided

Steven3iii

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:47:33 PM

Lol, not sure where the 44 days come from. Even Nicehash's calculator, which is based on past 30 days profitability says something like 120 days for 2GH at $4000.

At $4000 this thing will never ROI. At $2000 it might just about make it's price back. At $1000 I would buy a few  Grin

I think you are looking in the wrong places. And using the wrong calculator.

I ordered two and they arrive on Monday. Mine are bought from mining profits in DASH.

LARPing about buying and actually doing it are two different things. If I had procrastinated and made excuses last year I would have never bought Quads. There were plenty of 'Nicehash' calculations then too suggesting that I couldn't make money. Roll Eyes

NoxX

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:51:15 AM

I ordered two and they arrive on Monday. Mine are bought from mining profits in DASH.

LARPing about buying and actually doing it are two different things. If I had procrastinated and made excuses last year I would have never bought Quads. There were plenty of 'Nicehash' calculations then too suggesting that I couldn't make money. Roll Eyes

Enlighten me then, what do you plan on mining with the Giant+?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Steven3iii

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:08:12 AM

I will help you if you want. How about Deep Onion for a start? I am not kidding.

You don't make money mining coins to sell at today's prices into the market and follow the hash down. A big producer might do this, but intuitive mining is far better.

If you are looking for gold deposits after the market for gold has boomed, you are making a substandard investment.

Having said that, I will probably mine DASH to get the actual coins as the price fluctuates up...or if it goes down I sell what is going up to buy good coins for the future.

Happy to elaborate if you are not trolling, or PM me if you decide to buy.  Smiley

NoxX

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:26:40 AM

I will help you if you want. How about Deep Onion for a start? I am not kidding.

You don't make money mining coins to sell at today's prices into the market and follow the hash down. A big producer might do this, but intuitive mining is far better.

If you are looking for gold deposits after the market for gold has boomed, you are making a substandard investment.

Having said that, I will probably mine DASH to get the actual coins as the price fluctuates up...or if it goes down I sell what is going up to buy good coins for the future.

Happy to elaborate if you are not trolling, or PM me if you decide to buy.  Smiley

I'm not trolling, but what you are suggesting is highly speculative. Yes, DeepOnion might take off, yes, Dash prices might increase etc., but the opposite could also be true.

When talking about ROI, I am talking about guaranteed (as far as that is possible) ROI, I want to know that after X months I have my money back, not after X months I have a bunch of coins that might or might not be worth something in the future.

Not saying your way is wrong, it's just a different philosophy...

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Steven3iii

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:23:17 AM

I'm not trolling, but what you are suggesting is highly speculative. Yes, DeepOnion might take off, yes, Dash prices might increase etc., but the opposite could also be true.

When talking about ROI, I am talking about guaranteed (as far as that is possible) ROI, I want to know that after X months I have my money back, not after X months I have a bunch of coins that might or might not be worth something in the future.

Not saying your way is wrong, it's just a different philosophy...

Crypto is highly speculative. Turning on the miners and expecting a set piece profit is not a reality.

However, when all that X11 gets turned on, there will be tears. This is the scenario that you describe.

The Baikal miner has 5 more algos to choose from after that. Grin

There are always more coins. Mine them and sell into the market when the price is right to buy what you want when it drops.

A linear view of ROI against an uncertain risk profile will always mean you will not invest. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: