Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [UMBRELLACOIN] Who else has been following it/ views?  (Read 384 times)
cryptoisdafuture (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:14:38 AM

I started following the UmbrellaCoin guys like a week back. Now I've not been on BitCoinTalk long enough, and till now just used to jump into currencies based on their valuation inside CoinMarketCap, but I am lately figuring that's too late. So after reading a few whitepapers, I narrowed down to 2-3 ICOs/ crowdsales I was interested in and one of those which piqued my interest was UmbrellaCoin. (https://www.umbrellacoin.org/) The things which really attracted me were it tackles an area (hidden costs of insurance) which even in the fiat currency world I've not seen anyone tackle, it deals with an industry which is known for bullying customers and leads to a terrible experience and it's formed full of devs from reputed companies. The last point piqued my interest even more when I saw this yesterday: https://medium.com/@umbrellacoin/dev-update-week-of-july-30th-c5a073206df4

Holy shit, they actually have a prototype/ beginnings a month before their crowdsale almost. So I was considering putting ~ 50 ETH into their Crowdsale. My questions to the community:

1) What's a decent amount to put into ICOs/crowdsales where you believe it's gotta chance. Personally my risk appetite in the stock market is ~30-40k USD total, so even 50 ETH scares me a little but I feel I might be missing the boat if I don't jump in.

2) Is it common or uncommon to have working prototypes for these coins much before their going public?

Thanks
MadPanda

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:07:54 AM

I started following the UmbrellaCoin guys like a week back. Now I've not been on BitCoinTalk long enough, and till now just used to jump into currencies based on their valuation inside CoinMarketCap, but I am lately figuring that's too late. So after reading a few whitepapers, I narrowed down to 2-3 ICOs/ crowdsales I was interested in and one of those which piqued my interest was UmbrellaCoin. (https://www.umbrellacoin.org/) The things which really attracted me were it tackles an area (hidden costs of insurance) which even in the fiat currency world I've not seen anyone tackle, it deals with an industry which is known for bullying customers and leads to a terrible experience and it's formed full of devs from reputed companies. The last point piqued my interest even more when I saw this yesterday: https://medium.com/@umbrellacoin/dev-update-week-of-july-30th-c5a073206df4

Holy shit, they actually have a prototype/ beginnings a month before their crowdsale almost. So I was considering putting ~ 50 ETH into their Crowdsale. My questions to the community:

1) What's a decent amount to put into ICOs/crowdsales where you believe it's gotta chance. Personally my risk appetite in the stock market is ~30-40k USD total, so even 50 ETH scares me a little but I feel I might be missing the boat if I don't jump in.

2) Is it common or uncommon to have working prototypes for these coins much before their going public?

Thanks

Most ICOs only offer a promise to build upon the project after they get there funding which always makes investing in them kind of a shot in the dark unless they have had successful projects in the past.
When it comes to Umbrella Coin this is pretty exciting news to hear! Ive been following this Coins development for a little while now and I had no idea they where rolling out a prototype pre-release, my confidence in this project continues to grow and I appreciate the new info cryptoisdafuture.

To answer your questions
1st  id say If your going to invest in a ICO I wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket but if the project is promising perhaps 15-20% would be a good amount.

2nd  Its fairly uncommon to see prototypes pre release I would say this is one of only 4  ICO ive seen in the last 3 months pre releasing a platform

BitFarmer75

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:08:39 PM

Where can I find out what crypto currency trading will carry the umbrella coin?
cryptoisdafuture (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:03:29 PM

I heard they might go on Bittrex, not sure about it yet. I can't find the link right now.
MadPanda

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 02:27:39 AM

I heard they might go on Bittrex, not sure about it yet. I can't find the link right now.
I hope they do get on bittrex I love how easy it is to buy and sell there and aside from Yobits and Polo most of my crypto is in the Rex.

cryptoisdafuture (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 03:03:24 AM

Bump! Looks like they are getting into a presale soon, and if anyone else is investing it would be good to have some discussion on this thread.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: