Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:30:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is it ethical to participate in a ponzi for easy profits?
Yes
No

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it ethical to join a ponzi?  (Read 483 times)
Snakiest (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 08:17:23 AM

Hello, dear users.

Being new to the world of cryptos, I got myself invested in a few coins and have been mining some as well.

Last month, as part of my research, I can across this HYIP site called Control-Finance that literally got me hyped. I couldn't take my thoughts off it. Even after all the red flags, I decided to invest 150$ just to be my own example - I wanted to hurt myself financially to teach myself a lesson of never even considering something like this again. You know, some people learn the hard way.

Anyway, it has only been 10 days, and the flight has been smooth.

We all know how Ponzi schemes end - there will be tears. Or... will there? The thing is, while I had clearly different reasons to participate, I think a majority of people actually do it knowing well that their profits will run for a few months before the company goes belly up. The point is, they will probably still make a profit. With the interest rate they offer, you don't need, even one month (specifically, 4th month) is a return you will never get lending your money to a bank.

So what do you think? Is it ethical to choose to participate in an obvious scam knowing you will profit while somebody else down the line will suffer?

Leave your thoughts, ladies and gentlemen.

P.S. And if you are as adventurous as me, consider using my referral link to sign up. You will help me minimize my losses and still learn a good lesson. =)

P.P.S. Please also follow me on Steemit. Among boring stuff about education, I sometimes write about cryptos and am planning to run a few updates about control-finance (as well as its critical review in the process).
jmbinfo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:41:37 PM

I hope you got out in time :/
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 04:40:55 PM

Since you and I are using computers, we must be indulging in the fiat money system. So, we agree with Ponzi's.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Indighost

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 09:32:04 AM

how would that be ethical? By definition a ponzi scheme is fraund - and fraud is illegal, and the reason it's illegal is because it's unethical
Ikegwegbe

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:37:43 AM

This is a hard question ,cause I did it , if I answer I will be biased. But I think it is not ethical
Jorge158

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 12:48:47 AM

Really hard question but i think it is unethical

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Bestname

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:13:18 AM

Neither. It's just dumb
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:38:06 AM

When is ponzi being called as ethical? A scam is always a scam and being part of it is unethical in any way.

scryclip

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:47:29 AM

I think its unethical to start a Ponzi.

I think there is no problem ethically with joining one!
zokizuan

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:09:46 PM

Its definitely unethical

Why am i even saying this?
ktom71

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:20:28 PM

You could argue that any trading where your wealth comes at the expense of others is unethical. But a Ponzi is practically designed to move wealth from one person to another, so by most people's standards that's pretty unethical.
Goosebump

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 08:32:15 PM

Unethical yes, however in the crypto world, ethics are very skewed depending on who you talk to. Cryptocurrency is still very unregulated and many many scams take place every day. So I suppose you have to trust your own moral compass.
Urmip16

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 03:38:43 PM

No, as very few gain from it and that too early adopters, rest are just victims.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 04:35:10 PM

Signing up for a ponzi is stupid. Admitting to it on a public board is even worse imho. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
StinchcombNancy

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:45:16 PM

not. you evolve your friends in this and have a lot to loose later
0o

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:25:51 PM

To join the Ponzi is not ethical or unethical, is basically stupid. Sooner or later we all make this mistake, this is how we learn.
macstrong12

Activity: 230

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 09:36:08 AM

I don't trust in Ponzi scheme , I have lost some money in MPA website which was a huge Ponzi scam!t hat's enough for me
Musko

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:43:38 PM

According to me it's unethical
Boseda

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:03:33 PM

It's ethical but stupid because you will likely end up to lose your money.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: