Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:29:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a little trading suggestion, please  (Read 1006 times)
kartnite (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:54:22 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 09:44:47 PM by kartnite

While I have followed crypto currency for a few years now, I am very new to trading (hardly two weeks). I use CEX - its the only decent platform that accepts credit card payments - and, together with a pal, made a quick buck earlier today when BTC/USD rates hit 2900 just to get the butterflies off.

Would it be sensible to hold on to the cash or take a dip instead (BTC/ETH)?
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:22:47 AM

Welcome to trading world. Congrats for your first earnings. I cannot give an advice since we are in the Fork stage, what ever happened just HOLD your Bitcoins. Expect it to rise 3k to 4k before the end of year.

While I have followed crypto currency for a few years now, I am very new to trading (hardly two weeks). I use CEX - its the only decent platform that accepts credit card payments - and made a quick buck earlier today when BTC/USD rates hit 2900 just to get the butterflies off.

kartnite (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:28:47 AM

Thank you so much. I don't have any bitcoins now - sold them all when it reached 2900 (on CEX).

Noted your point on the projected rise. Will snap up a little fraction (based on what I'm able to afford).
Mtoo

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:31:50 AM

from the current market manipulation prices , you don't have sell your coins , stay as you are now ?

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:32:05 AM

While I have followed crypto currency for a few years now, I am very new to trading (hardly two weeks). I use CEX - its the only decent platform that accepts credit card payments - and made a quick buck earlier today when BTC/USD rates hit 2900 just to get the butterflies off.

Wow! what a nice start you have there buddy. Well thats how trading works when you do bought cheaper price and sell of on a higher price.This is just a simple trading or basic thing on trading.Just like been said above we cant give any advice since we are still on the fork situation. Holding bitcoin would be a good thing but depending on which price point.  I cant say if this would be the new floor of bitcoin or not.We wont know if price would crash after this event or not.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kartnite (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:36:05 AM

@mtoo - yes, I would have, but I really got the proverbial yips and sold 'em off. Sale price of $2929 seemed too good a deal to miss.

@stomachgrowls - totally understand. when more seasoned folks are themselves wary, I shouldn't do anything silly. Thank you for the suggestion Smiley . I have a small fraction lying in the Exodus wallet. Will hold on to it - and, if this current price falls (in the 2800s now), will pick up some too.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:53:28 AM

Congratulations for getting some early profit out of trading, it doesn't really happen with every new trader.
Actually, if i were you, i would hold on my cash for now, and i would start trading altcoins after a few days when all this fork thing gets finished and everything starts working normally again. Though i don't have much knowledge about all this but i also feel that it is not good to invest or buy any coin right now. I can be wrong though.
kartnite (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:18:29 AM

@Aamir1: Thank you!

I bought some alt coins the other day (used up some spare ETH) - Lite and DASH. Not touching them for now. I haven't been reading much about newer ones lately - too many coming up - and so... focussing on the established ones, tbqh.

I will, however, have an eye out. Tx again Smiley
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:06:07 PM

@Aamir1: Thank you!

I bought some alt coins the other day (used up some spare ETH) - Lite and DASH. Not touching them for now. I haven't been reading much about newer ones lately - too many coming up - and so... focussing on the established ones, tbqh.

I will, however, have an eye out. Tx again Smiley
I could only say, bravo and congrats on your profit. As what have he said also not all new traders can gain profit instantly. Anyway just keep learning and earning, some alt coins also are very good investment, I just want to share you some tip, if that money you have right now is not yet in need, you should better hold it and sell it later or make that as your investment, but it still depends on you, as long as you gain then its up to you if you are going to hold it or sell it.
Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:52:35 PM

Great that you have started on trading hope for your success. Its hard to tell or give some suggestion now because of segwit maybe the price of bitcoin will get very low. But i think its better for you to hold for the meantime. To avoid great risk.
kartnite (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:23:36 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 05:25:51 PM by kartnite

@speedy963: Thank you - still a long, long way to go.

Nice of you to reiterate the alt coin bit, I will keep reading and have an eye out for whats there.

Re: the money, yes, I haven't sunk it into anything yet. *might* pick up BTC/ETH should rates plummet. I'm inclined to think both are here to stay - fork or no fork.

Not touched any of the other alt coins that I have. Smiley

@dontme: Thank you - yes, I am not certainly taking chances. Best to play safe as a novice. Truth be told, Margin Trading sounds fascinating - just read about it - but I am not taking the bait. Yet! Ha ha!
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

For bitcoin trading it is highly advisable to keep holding for months. But same will not be applicable for ETH trading. It is highly expected bitcoin prices to continue its rally toward $5000 in coming months so I like to suggest you to arrange more funds to buy bitcoins for longer haul holding.

With many traders experiences, holding bitcoin will be more beneficial compared to trading bitcoins. So, better go for some more researches and act accordingly.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1160

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:51:13 PM

With many traders experiences, holding bitcoin will be more beneficial compared to trading bitcoins. So, better go for some more researches and act accordingly.
This must be a honest suggestion to any new trader who are all looking to enter altcoin trading and active bitcoin trading. In last 2 years, bitcoin investors has benefited 10x profits whereas I am not sure a trader would have earned similar profits.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
kartnite (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:29:51 PM

@ivanst776: Thank you for explaining it the way you just did - the dichotomy of BTC/ETH trading. Very helpful, indeed.

@beerlover: Oh yes - very true... Those who held on would have benefitted insanely! And the success stories are out there too.
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:52:08 PM

This must be a honest suggestion to any new trader who are all looking to enter altcoin trading and active bitcoin trading. In last 2 years, bitcoin investors has benefited 10x profits whereas I am not sure a trader would have earned similar profits.
Why not? Still have some trader and investor from last year invest for buying STRAT and ETH, and just after one year, they are have big profit not stop x10, this is x50 if calculated to USD. So when have the opportunity become to rich man, don't miss it Grin

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Soots

Activity: 1050
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:28:15 PM

yes just always buy at the dip or find some coins that has a future so could get more profit just research some information
kartnite (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:22:45 PM

@drlukacs: "when have the opportunity become to rich man, don't miss it" - never a truer word! Smiley

@Soots: Indeed - scouring ICOs will soon become a favourite hobby! Ha! Smiley

@Mkmanik: Thank you for the kind note. My only issue with Bittrex/Poloniex - I cannot pay by credit card (I do not reside in the US/EU/China - and those exchanges only require wire transfers). Sad And yes, I really am hoping BTC kicks up despite this hard fork. Fingers crossed for all of us!
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:20:49 PM

If you have been following cryptocurrency for a few years then you should know how bitcoin always fluctuate because some uncertain news and problems but in the end it always recover. For layman, holding bitcoin is a safe way to get more profit in the future but on the other hand trading bitcoin or altcoins require much more. Current price of bitcoin seems decline and eth price already rise over $224.
Whenever bitcoin price decline is a good thing to buy bitcoin, but ethereum will drop soon.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:57:21 AM

if you have money to buy 1 BTC Go for holdings experts in crypto currency says. its posible to get up to 10,000$ price of BTC in the next 3 to 5 year's. But I know its hard to keep holding because there's a time bitcoins go higher and you not sell cause your plan is tovget doubled or tripled your money invest. So if you have enough money to buy bulk of BTC . I suggest you to set a plan the half of your BTC will be on holding (Long Term) and the another half  In Shorterm So you will be not worried if bitcoins go higher and higher.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:48:22 AM

if you want to start trading you need to decide on 1 thing: what do you want to hold your profit in?
most people keep their profit in bitcoin. this means for example you start with 1BTC, price goes up you sell, then it takes a dip you buy back and now you hold 1.1BTC and repeat this. and the same with altcoins. you buy an altcoin it goes up you dump it and take your bitcoin out, once more you hold more bitcoin now.
it is the strategy because bitcoin also rises in long term. that means the more of it you hold, the bigger your long term profit will be.

the next thing you need to do is to learn how to be very active and fast in the market. specially in altcoins. it is very important to make up your decisions first then invest. for example you buy some altcoin in its dip then it rises you need to have a target to sell before you even invest. and make sure to sell at that point. don't get emotional and don't listen to others. sell and get out fast and move on to the next thing as fast as you can to make profit elsewhere. they won't wait for you to come then go up.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: