Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 30 GPU RX480 what coin to mine  (Read 1687 times)
Tssar (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:21:16 AM

Hi,

I have 30GPU (RX480), what coin is most profitable to mine, knowing the Ethereum difficulty increased like hell!
Thanks,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Saphire

Activity: 602
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:26:50 AM

ETH + PASC or ETH+SIA

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:29:52 AM

Dual mining ETH is still the most profitable option for AMD cards, close to $2 per RX 480/580 card after power currently. Once the ICE AGE ramp up makes ETH mining unprofitable for most people by the end of this month, dual mining UBIQ is a good alternative if you want to accumulate more coins to speculate on future appreciation.
Tssar (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:51:53 AM

thanks guys! which pool can I use for dual mining!
why do you think by the end of this month it is over?
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:03:27 PM

Dual mining ETH is still the most profitable option for AMD cards, close to $2 per RX 480/580 card after power currently. Once the ICE AGE ramp up makes ETH mining unprofitable for most people by the end of this month, dual mining UBIQ is a good alternative if you want to accumulate more coins to speculate on future appreciation.

I'm currently doing eth + decred. Is it possible to dual mine with ubiq instead?
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:16:45 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 10:47:42 PM by LoneRangir

Yes, you can mine UBIQ + DCR/SIA

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

cmd /K EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool stratum+tcp://ubiq.suprnova.cc:3030 -ewal user.worker -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -esm 3 -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal user.worker -dpsw x
LoneRangir

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

The cmd line below works for claymore and dual mine UBIQ + DCR.
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:18:47 AM

You must be kidding right, you have 30 gpus on a couple of rigs set up for mining, but have a clue about what to mine?  Tongue

But here is my answer, if you don't need to instant cash out mining income, find a less popular coin to mine than ETH and HOLD it long enough.
jenia1

Activity: 504
Merit: 267

HashWare - Mining solutions for everyone!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:55:34 AM

that depends how many rigs you have? but i if its 5. then 2  eth sia, 2 eth dec, 1 eth pascal imo.  good luck.

Making mining profitable
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ANN  Website  Facebook
                                   █████████
                             ███      ████████   █████
               ▄█████████▄   █          ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████   ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄    ████████
       █████  █████  ██████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████ █████  ████  ████  █████████
█████  █████  █████   █████      ███     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
█████  █████  █████   █████  █    ██     █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████████████  █████   █████  ██    ███████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████
█████  █████  █████████████  ████    █████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ██████████  █████████▀  ████
█████  █████  █████████████  ██████    ███████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████████    ████
█████  █████  █████   █████       ███   ██████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████ ▀███▄  ████
       █████  █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
              █████   █████       ███    █████   █████  ████████████████  ████  ████  ████  ████  █████████
                      █████  █          ██████   █████   ▀█████  █████▀   ████  ████  ████  ████   ████████
                             ███       ███████   █████
                              ▀▀███   ████▀▀▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  PM
Contact Us

Mining Farm planning & advising
Equipment supply & transportation
Linking investors & ideas

vuli

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

Andrius | Junior Business developer at Unboxed ICO

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 06:11:53 PM

You must be kidding right, you have 30 gpus on a couple of rigs set up for mining, but have a clue about what to mine?  Tongue

But here is my answer, if you don't need to instant cash out mining income, find a less popular coin to mine than ETH and HOLD it long enough.

yea, funny right. The same thing poped im my head. wtf... Take pick and shovel and go mining behind your house.  Roll Eyes

Unboxed - rowing community of people getting paid to do what they love to get a share of the $36 billion brands are spending annually on Facebook Ads
Wefud

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:26:27 PM

ETH + PASC or ETH+SIA

Also ETH+DCR
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:45:04 PM

It is the end of the AMD mining in Ethereum world : only nidia GPUs will be profitable in few days/weeks.
Ad the problem is if all the amd gpu are going on ubiq or an other coin, difficulty will rise a lot and the profitability will never be good.
Branko

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

It is the end of the AMD mining in Ethereum world : only nidia GPUs will be profitable in few days/weeks.
Ad the problem is if all the amd gpu are going on ubiq or an other coin, difficulty will rise a lot and the profitability will never be good.

Please repeat that few more times, someone gotta believe it if you keep repeating it often enough
Vlusion

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:02:09 PM

ETH + PASC or ETH+SIA

Still the best? I am currently mining ZCash with a single RX480. Or are there better coins to mine at the moment?
Thanks
oddity2505

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:48:40 PM

ETH + PASC or ETH+SIA

Still the best? I am currently mining ZCash with a single RX480. Or are there better coins to mine at the moment?
Thanks
Definitely not zcash. Eth or one of its many forks will yield higher profit while your cards will be consuming less power on top of it.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:46:29 PM

ETH + PASC or ETH+SIA

Thanks
Definitely not zcash. Eth or one of its many forks will yield higher profit while your cards will be consuming less power on top of it.

actually that's incorrect. while mining eth using claymores software it uses tad more power than zcash which uses a bit less energy than compared to mining eth. dual mining also creates much more heat which means you need to cool the gpus better

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:06:23 PM

Why not going for Monero ? If you cards are 8 GB after a BIOS modification which is easy to do you can get about 830 h/s for a card, it is about 25 k/hash for 30 of them. With 25k/hash you can make a lot of money daily and as you should know, Monero consumes less energy, usually 90-95 watt for a card and it will save you money on the electricity bill too.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █