Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:20:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claim BCC from Blockchain.info wallet  (Read 26449 times)
Eram

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:42:11 AM

you can get private keys for your blockchain.info
if your wallet listed on
Setting > Addresses > Imported

then you are able to get private key easily.

If I go to settings and then to Addresses, I cannot find an option to click imported

When I click on addresses, I can see roughly this field coming up:

My bitcoin wallet (default)    (amount bitcoin)  [manage]

+add

Imported addresses (not backed up by your recovery phrase. Transfer into a wallet to secure funds)  [verify message]

+import address

archived addresses
            [show]

So, how to proceed from there?

Eram

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:57:57 AM

Blockchain.info has to say the following on the matter:

"In the event of two separate blockchains after August 1, 2017 we will support the longest chain. As of today, we have no immediate plans to fully support the Bitcoin Cash fork within our main product. But, if BCC develops into an actual chain and market, you will be able to use your recovery phrase to export your funds and use them on that chain, regardless of whether or not Blockchain chooses to support it."

https://blog.[Suspicious link removed]/2017/07/30/bitcoin-cash-hard-fork-blockchain-users/

So, how exactly am I supposed to do this?
I have the 12 word recovery phrase,  but what steps am I supposed to do next?
aidia

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:43:10 AM

One simple question: How to get BCC for the BTC which was in blockchain.info wallet?
stardustin

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:50:58 AM

Can't understand, some people says that BCC is altcoin. If I have btc can I get BCC? What do I need for that? And I also havr wallet on blockchain.ingo and where to import private keys for bcc? Sorry for misunderstanding
pokerpro77

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:17:03 PM

What I did was get my 12 passphrases and put that into bip39 mnemonic code converter and that gave me and addresses and private keys associated with that. The issue now is how do I find a place where I can import a BCC address and private key?
summonerrk

Activity: 1372
Merit: 713

Arts & Crypto

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 02:28:51 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 02:57:05 PM by summonerrk

I got imported BTC wallets to omni. But I dont want to get BCH to Trezor, Electrum cash and others...

will waiting for Jaxx, Bitcoin core acception of BCC

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Eram

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:33:43 PM

What I did was get my 12 passphrases and put that into bip39 mnemonic code converter and that gave me and addresses and private keys associated with that. The issue now is how do I find a place where I can import a BCC address and private key?

Thanks Pokerpro,

Can you explain step by step how you used the 12 word passphrases to put it into bip39 mnemonic code converter?

pokerpro77

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:01:17 PM

You just type the 12 words with spaces, but still not sure about whether this will work. I wish there was a place to type in an address and see what BCC is in it.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:27:56 PM

You just type the 12 words with spaces, but still not sure about whether this will work. I wish there was a place to type in an address and see what BCC is in it.
If you have private key address BTC on blockchain.info, you can import it to wallet ElectronCash and claim BCC. But some people on Bitcointalk recommend after claim BCC, please send all BTC in address this private key to other address for keep safe your funds, because in one day devs this wallet can rob your Bitcoin anytime Smiley
InvestorCol

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:09:27 PM

With regard to blockchain.info keys...  You can see/print all of your private keys (imported and those created with blockchain.info) by selecting a paper wallet in Advanced Settings.

Hi, I'm having the same issue as you. Did you figure out how to take your BCC from blockchain.info?

Thanks!
y.baidiuk

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:38:28 PM

I got it.
1 Step
Download Electron Cash
2 Step
Restore Wallet with seed Phrase. (I have try multiple options before I did it (checkboxes BIP39 seed)).
pokerpro77

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:10:47 AM

So even if you get it into electron cash, bittrex isn't taking any bcc yet so you can't do anything with it for the time being. I really should have had the rest of my money on Bittrex too. You automatically got bcc and can trade it ;(
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:49:26 AM

I got it.
1 Step
Download Electron Cash
2 Step
Restore Wallet with seed Phrase. (I have try multiple options before I did it (checkboxes BIP39 seed)).

So you were successfully able to claim your bitcoin cash from your blockchain.info wallet?  I haven't even tried it yet but I'm holding enough there to make me do it at some point. I'm not in a hurry to sell though so I'm going to see where this goes. I want both chains to be successful
MellowD

Activity: 106
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:31:23 PM

Anybody gets his BCC from Blockchain until now?
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:51:08 PM

Anybody gets his BCC from Blockchain until now?

Yes, I got my BCC just a few minutes ago.
Downloaded electroncash on a 2nd computer, put in the private key from blockchain.info wallet... et voilà. I'm really glad that it was easier than I expected.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
danielogalue

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:03:05 PM

I've wallet provided by Blockchain.info. As they wrote, they will not support BCC. My question is: How do I get safely BCC when I have BTC in my blockchain wallet? Is NOW there a chance to get it or I am too late?

Ty

I think is too late. Bro

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:31:12 PM

No, I don't think, that its to late. You can gain BCH whenever you want, as long as you had already Bitcoin before split.
Maybe this tutorial could help you out. Found it by Google:
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@bluudz/how-to-get-blockchain-info-private-key
kunaal

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:04:03 AM

Hello I have only one question:
If before Segwit I was having 10 BTC in blockchain.info and If i today transfer those 10 BTC to to some other wallet? Will I still get the BCC(btc cash) from blockchain.info ?  Huh
Or what if I first transfer BTC and then import private keys and claim BCC, just to be in safe side? will that work please guide. Roll Eyes

Thanks all for your support and reply in advance.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:56:39 AM

I don't think so because blockchain.info is an online wallet and they are not providing any private keys to their user.

You must ask this question last week not now that Segwit is activated, prevention is better than cure though. But I hope the best for you.

I haven't tried it in a long time but I always thought you could access your private keys from the computer browser version of blockchain.info.

I don't think you can access it from the iPhone app
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:30:33 AM

Hello I have only one question:
If before Segwit I was having 10 BTC in blockchain.info and If i today transfer those 10 BTC to to some other wallet? Will I still get the BCC(btc cash) from blockchain.info ?  Huh
Or what if I first transfer BTC and then import private keys and claim BCC, just to be in safe side? will that work please guide. Roll Eyes

Thanks all for your support and reply in advance.
No, you need to transfer your private key from blockchain, so that history is shown. If you only send from one wallet to another, you will have "new" BTC, that is not eglible to gain BCH.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: