Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:08:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which web wallets will actually be supporting BCC?  (Read 492 times)
btcney (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:26:27 AM

So we all know that you need to hold your private keys and so on to claim your bitcoin cash tokens once the chain split happens today(in like 1 hour i think from the time of this post), thus electrum is probably desirable but i guess blockchain.info works as well if that's all you got.

However, will there be any sort of web wallet which i can have my funds in/import my private keys and be able to send both BCC and bitcoin?

Sorry if this question seems bizarre. But i'm personally not going to be bothered to download the bitcoin cash client just so i can claim their airdrop. Is there a fast way of doing it and sending it straight to an exchange for trading?

Thanks in advance!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTcoint

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:30:30 AM

I think you should wait until BCC project succeed then we can talk about site for adoption the coin as exchanges or web-wallet .Thanks

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 12:09:03 PM

btc.com

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
sivesta

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:27:38 PM

btc.com
Is this safe ?
neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 10:11:28 AM

Of course it is! Just do your own research Smiley Also, you are in control of your private keys with btc.com

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:21:28 AM

Of course it is! Just do your own research Smiley Also, you are in control of your private keys with btc.com

I'm pretty sure you can't just import your private keys that has bitcoin cash inside of it directly into btc.com right? I've fiddled around with the site, it looks pretty nice but as i said, you can't import any private keys which is one major disadvantage.

I'm sure that OP is looking for a wallet that he can import his private keys to, and most people need this.

Plus there seems to be only a bitcoin cash split tool and no real support of the coin otherwise. A bitcoin cash only wallet will probably be less confusing for people when they are trying to claim their BCC.

Any plan on making the changes i mentioned above in the future?

neutraLTC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 11:31:18 AM

I'm pretty sure you can't just import your private keys that has bitcoin cash inside of it directly into btc.com right? I've fiddled around with the site, it looks pretty nice but as i said, you can't import any private keys which is one major disadvantage.

I'm sure that OP is looking for a wallet that he can import his private keys to, and most people need this.

Plus there seems to be only a bitcoin cash split tool and no real support of the coin otherwise. A bitcoin cash only wallet will probably be less confusing for people when they are trying to claim their BCC.

Any plan on making the changes i mentioned above in the future?

if that is what OP's looking for then you are correct, we don't support importing private keys (HD wallet). When this thread was made, you could still send your bitcoin to btc.com wallet and now you would of had you bcc ready to withdraw.

There are internal discussions regarding whether we should support BCC in our wallet. Do you think it's a good idea?

Thanks

Aleya

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:53:51 PM

i just hold my BTC to bittrex wallet and today i can see BCC on my wallet.that was interesting and easy also.Not yet download any other wallet or change my wallet for BCC, bittrex was my best solution for this issue.also sold all of my coin that i received from the airdrop of BCC.
sivesta

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:57:54 PM

i just hold my BTC to bittrex wallet and today i can see BCC on my wallet.that was interesting and easy also.Not yet download any other wallet or change my wallet for BCC, bittrex was my best solution for this issue.also sold all of my coin that i received from the airdrop of BCC.
Can i use my blockchain.info key words on Bittrex ?
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:13:14 PM

I think you are talking about your backup phrase no you can't, blockchain.info and bittrex is completely different thing.

You should import private key of your bitcoin address where you have held bitcoin at 1st august to BCC supporting wallet to be able to move it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
sivesta

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:08:48 PM

I think you are talking about your backup phrase no you can't, blockchain.info and bittrex is completely different thing.

You should import private key of your bitcoin address where you have held bitcoin at 1st august to BCC supporting wallet to be able to move it.
With private key you mean the phrase of 12 words ?
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 11:37:09 PM

I think you can see all wallet supported in the listed wallet in bitcoincash.org where i got this from theymos post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0
That i think you can get more info reading them all..
Base on the other comment their bitcoin gone importing their private key in electron cash so i think its not safe..
Better to transfer first your bitcoin into other wallet or create a new wallet like in electrum and transfer your bitcoin to other bitcoin address and your old address backup the private keys and import it in electron cash wallet to get the bcc..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:17:19 AM

I think you can see all wallet supported in the listed wallet in bitcoincash.org where i got this from theymos post here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0
That i think you can get more info reading them all..
Base on the other comment their bitcoin gone importing their private key in electron cash so i think its not safe..
Better to transfer first your bitcoin into other wallet or create a new wallet like in electrum and transfer your bitcoin to other bitcoin address and your old address backup the private keys and import it in electron cash wallet to get the bcc..

Well i'm actually looking for something similar to the OP because there doesn't seem to be any sort of real web wallet where the entire bitcoin cash blockchain is hosted from the server and there is no need to download the actual blockchain on your desktop which could take days.

Electron cash is safe afaik but doesn't support iphone afaik, and you'd have to download it wherever you go. So it's sort of inconvenient. BTC.com doesn't support importing private keys at the moment at least.

Someone should really build a web based wallet for bitcoin cash with the option of importing your own keys. I'm sure based on the current craze for dumping bitcoin cash it'll receive lots of popularity.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:23:26 PM

If you wanna ignore the inconvenience of downloading blockchain and sync for BCH, best is to use ElectronCash on Android. If you aren't Android user, you can do it once from someone else phone to import keys & claim BCH and then send them to web wallets supporting BCH like BTC.com or FreeWallet.org.
It took me hardly 2-3 minutes to sync Android wallet with keys and balance appears in it.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:20:23 PM

Until now there is no official information about web wallet for BCC, maybe take more than 3 months for developer make wallet for BCC, but from bittrex announcement, then we will get BCC according to deposit in our account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: