Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 10:24:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-08-01] Fork Watch: First BitcoinCash Block Mined  (Read 2567 times)
CryptoBry (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:28:19 PM

The first Bitcoin ABC (Bitcoin Cash) block was mined on August 1 at approximately 12:37 p.m. UTC at block height 478558. Over the past week, the central theme of discussion has been the August 1 hard fork and the possible birth of a new token called ‘Bitcoin Cash’ (BCC). The fork has come about after months of long debates, scaling proposals, and community infighting and many bitcoin proponents from both sides are showing a sense of relief although some are still uncertain of the events that will take place, and how the bifurcation of the Bitcoin blockchain will play out.

Today a whole lot of people have been patiently waiting for the user-activated hard fork (UAHF) to commence and the coming of the new digital currency Bitcoin Cash.  August 1 has arrived and the 12:20 UTC time period has officially passed. The first BCC block 478558 has been mined, but at the time of writing a split has not yet occurred.

Brought to you by Bitcoin News (read the full newsarticle here).

Well, I think we should all be welcoming the birth of another altcoin by the name of BitcoinCash (BCH) and although it has been seen like an enemy of the real Bitcoin there is no question that those who would be receiving free BCH would be so happy about it. The real Bitcoin has nothing to be afraid of BCH because it can never be equal to the original.
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

It's a good thing I guess as we need to get clear statement about bitcoin cash or chain split but it seems nothing from https://www.btcforkmonitor.info or maybe this site give us wrong information?
Fortunately, I've got bitcoin cash and looking for a good site to trade it, convert into btc will be a good choice.
But, how if bcash price will rise over $500 in this month? Sell now, mean I will miss higher profit from bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: