Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Merchant Accounts  (Read 354 times)
TObject (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:14:18 PM

Just tried purchasing something with BTC through coinbase and getting the following error: "Merchant purchases are temporarily disabled."

What is happening? It this system-wide?
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:20:12 PM

Perhaps the seller decided to play it safe and turn off the receiving transaction. Maybe the purse is temporarily not accepting coins. All of my purses, he sent me a message that will suspend the work until clarification of circumstances.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:27:07 PM

Just tried purchasing something with BTC through coinbase and getting the following error: "Merchant purchases are temporarily disabled."

What is happening? It this system-wide?

Bitcoin Cash is creating a lot of turbulence, so just put your seatbelt on and enjoy the trip. Next week everything will be back to normal. The network is perfectly fine, what is having some issues is some exchanges and payment processors, but the whole thing is OK if you are holding your keys.

If you didn't make your homework and you left your coins in an exchange during the split, then im sorry for your loss.
TObject (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:50:45 PM

I am sorry, everything is not ok. I need some airline tickets, and just wasted my time with three travel websites that advertise that they accept bitcoins, and when I get to the final order screen the pay with bitcoin options do not work. Not happy about this at all.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:58:38 PM

I am sorry, everything is not ok. I need some airline tickets, and just wasted my time with three travel websites that advertise that they accept bitcoins, and when I get to the final order screen the pay with bitcoin options do not work. Not happy about this at all.

What website did you use? I did a purchase the other day on Steam, I bought a videogame that was on the Summer sale thing and it was really cheap, so I was too lazy to reach for my debit card so I just used BTC because I had my BTC wallet opened. The purchase was easy.

Steam uses Bitpay as far as I know. Im not sure what the merchant you are trying to buy from is using. Coinbase was having some problems lately. Things will be ok soon when the Bitcoin Cash scam is over.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: