Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:28:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet recovery service  (Read 948 times)
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 02:23:30 AM

I lost password on blockchain info can you recover it?

For Telugu Translation Contact to me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Btcspot

Activity: 186
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 06:59:57 AM

Hi, can you send your email?  I cant send you pm.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 08:13:26 AM

General warning:

Don't trust newbies with your wallet files or any other sensitive information.
Either use it without giving out any sensitive information, or don't use it at all.

Use a reputable recovery service (e.g. daves recovery service) if you don't want to risk being scammed.

Newbies offering a recovery service are mostly just scam!

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:24:04 AM

The OP does speak the truth that you can extract "safe to send" pieces of information from the wallet file, send that over, and there's no chance of him being able to get into the wallet (unless the wallet format has changed these days and I'm unaware), and I've had first hand experience with this. However, escrow should still be used if the user is claiming to have found the password, because they could be lying, and that works the other way around too. The OP should be looking to use escrow to assure that he'll actually get paid once he's handed over the password.

Unfortunately, even for a escrow this is a difficult situation. To be able to verify this the escrow would need access to the wallet file or would need mkey (if I remember correctly) or basically the extracted parts of the wallet which are safe to send, and then be able to test that themselves with btcrecover with the password that the user claims to have cracked. Most escrow won't know how to do that or have the  time. Of course, I'd always recommend against the escrow having physical access to the wallet file, and only deal with the mkey.

However, as soon as you send someone else your wallet file you are asking to be compromised, and scammed. Do not under any circumstances give someone physical access to your wallet. Only deal with the mkey (like I said I think this is what it was called, I did it years back now)

Honestly, there are more trusted services offering the exact same thing, and I'd be wary of any newbie offering this service just because we don't know what information is being requested behind closed doors.
kkost (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:12:41 PM

The OP does speak the truth that you can extract "safe to send" pieces of information from the wallet file, send that over, and there's no chance of him being able to get into the wallet (unless the wallet format has changed these days and I'm unaware), and I've had first hand experience with this. However, escrow should still be used if the user is claiming to have found the password, because they could be lying, and that works the other way around too. The OP should be looking to use escrow to assure that he'll actually get paid once he's handed over the password.

Unfortunately, even for a escrow this is a difficult situation. To be able to verify this the escrow would need access to the wallet file or would need mkey (if I remember correctly) or basically the extracted parts of the wallet which are safe to send, and then be able to test that themselves with btcrecover with the password that the user claims to have cracked. Most escrow won't know how to do that or have the  time. Of course, I'd always recommend against the escrow having physical access to the wallet file, and only deal with the mkey.

However, as soon as you send someone else your wallet file you are asking to be compromised, and scammed. Do not under any circumstances give someone physical access to your wallet. Only deal with the mkey (like I said I think this is what it was called, I did it years back now)

Honestly, there are more trusted services offering the exact same thing, and I'd be wary of any newbie offering this service just because we don't know what information is being requested behind closed doors.

Well, you guys are really missing the point, I have publicly posted the resources to extract this information themselves, nobody is getting any wallet file. So there is no "trust" needed. If I was to say anything behind closed doors that is to the countrary of this, I should expect somebody to start asking WTF?. Litteraly all you are doing is trashing my thread over and over again with the same comment by different users. Most of them uneducated. As for the escrow, actually I don't mind giving the password first and using a trust basis.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:29:03 PM

Well, you guys are really missing the point, I have publicly posted the resources to extract this information themselves, nobody is getting any wallet file. So there is no "trust" needed. If I was to say anything behind closed doors that is to the countrary of this, I should expect somebody to start asking WTF?. Litteraly all you are doing is trashing my thread over and over again with the same comment by different users. Most of them uneducated. As for the escrow, actually I don't mind giving the password first and using a trust basis.
I'm not missing the point at all. I've clearly outlined that you can extract the mkey, however we don't know what is going on behind the scenes. Publicly stating it, and privately is different. My warning is valid. However, I would still suggest you use an escrow. I've offered this service before, and actually discontinued the service because of various different issues. I never had problem with payment, because for a long time I offered it as a free service, and relied on tips. However, you will get burned if you're going to rely on your trust for users.
kkost (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:35:56 PM

Surely by that logic though, you should be going round and PMing every single user to beware of every single scam ever, because you don't know whats going on behind closed doors. I'm making a public statement that everybody can read, and if I was to go against that, people would ask questions. You're warning doesn't really hold up for me, and even if it does, half the posts in my thread are the same warning, it's just trashing the thread. As for being burned, I don't mind that and actually expect it some of the time.
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 01:42:15 PM

Surely by that logic though, you should be going round and PMing every single user to beware of every single scam ever, because you don't know whats going on behind closed doors.

The fact that you are upset based on a warning is somewhat sketchy.

There are so many scams going on. And a lot of the scammer try to hide their true intentions until they find a suitable victim.

I don't see a problem with warning other people..

May i ask why you decided to use an alt account instead of your main one?

kkost (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:45:32 PM

Surely by that logic though, you should be going round and PMing every single user to beware of every single scam ever, because you don't know whats going on behind closed doors.

The fact that you are upset based on a warning is somewhat sketchy.

There are so many scams going on. And a lot of the scammer try to hide their true intentions until they find a suitable victim.

I don't see a problem with warning other people..

May i ask why you decided to use an alt account instead of your main one?

I'm upset because my thread is being trashed by the same comments over and over.

This is a good service that will actually benefit people.

Trashing the person as a scammer over and over isn't helpful for anyone.

As for the last comment, this is my main account, and your assumption is quite patheticly done.

Btw, beware people of this guys chipmixer link in his signature, likely a scam.
bob123
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2019, 01:49:25 PM

No one said you are a scammer.

But new people have the right to build their mind on their own.

And services offered by newbies often are scam. This is a fact.
Pointing out that they should use a trustless method and not send you the wallet file for their own safety is neither calling you out as a scammer nor trashing your thread.

As for the last comment, this is my main account, and your assumption is quite patheticly done.

So.. you registered in this forum and stared offering your service here 10 minutes later ?
No offense.. but that's something i don't believe.

kkost (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 01:54:18 PM

No one said you are a scammer.

But new people have the right to build their mind on their own.

And services offered by newbies often are scam. This is a fact.
Pointing out that they should use a trustless method and not send you the wallet file for their own safety is neither calling you out as a scammer nor trashing your thread.

So.. you registered in this forum and stared offering your service here 10 minutes later ?
No offense.. but that's something i don't believe.

The problem comes, when half the posts in my thread are the exact same "beware of scammer" comment, Pointing it out once is fine even if it holds no basis, I let it slide the first few times.

All you are doing is spamming and trashing the thread.

I dont really care if you believe it, I have no reason or want to use this forum other than to recover peoples wallets and make some cash on the side.

Do you not see your issue in that you make a lot of baseless assumptions?

As for lettings users make there own mind, I agree completely, which is why I have posted how it works and given links for users to figure out more for themselves so they can be safe in there own minds.. it's a lot better than "SCAMMER, DANGER IMMINENT, BEWARE" in bold letters.. that's just stupid and is counter productive.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 03:33:03 PM

Do you not see your issue in that you make a lot of baseless assumptions?

As for lettings users make there own mind, I agree completely, which is why I have posted how it works and given links for users to figure out more for themselves so they can be safe in there own minds.. it's a lot better than "SCAMMER, DANGER IMMINENT, BEWARE" in bold letters.. that's just stupid and is counter productive.

You forget that I've offered this in the past, and I know how lazy people can be. They simply don't have the knowledge to follow step by step instructions, and struggle technically to extract the information that is needed to safely attempt to crack the password. Thus, they get lazy, and send the wallet file instead. This is my personal experience, and I would say over 50% did not know how to extract the information after multiple attempts, and would opt to send the wallet file instead. This is what I'm warning people of, and not of your service if you're indeed only dealing with mkey data, and will not accept a wallet.dat file under any circumstance then that is brilliant.
Btcspot

Activity: 186
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2019, 08:30:29 PM

Hi kkost please post your email. I can try sending part of my wallet or whatever. But I need your email so I we can talk.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: