Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:42:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting BCC from Bitcoin-Electrum-Wallet for Dummies?  (Read 3658 times)
Roccker (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:13:51 PM

Hi there.

Before 1st August

1    You should have BTC in Electrum wallet (Wallet A).

After 1st August

2    Install another Electrum Wallet (Wallet B).
3   Move all BTC from Wallet A to Wallet B. Wallet A should be empty of BTC, but there should be hidden BCC inside it.
4   Export seed of Wallet A
5    Install any BCC wallet (Wallet C).
6    Import seed of Wallet A into Wallet C. Wallet C should now have BCC amount equivalent to BTC in Wallet B.
7    From now on, use Wallet B and Wallet C independently.

So...

i had BTC in my Electrum wallet.

Now it's time to get the BCC, isn't it?

Perhaps not, perhaps yes.

Anyway, if i send the Bitcoin from my electrum Wallet A to Bitstamp, then the BCC will stay in Wallet A, will they?
I think yes, but i better ask first.

Thanks a lot

The Case for Bitcoin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4882599.msg43979219#msg43979219

[am a noob]
update 2018: not total newb anymore i guess- now turned megalomaniac

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:33:46 PM

should work exactly like that.

based on this -> https://www.btcforkmonitor.info fork already happened, but on bitfinex I can't really see ANY volume ... so question is, is this "get my BCC" work really worth?

at least for now?

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Finners

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:46:55 PM

I've done exactly as you have said but once my BCC wallet has synced ( Electron cash) it has the last transaction in it which was me emptying the wallet so my current balance in my Wallet C is 0.0 BCC Sad

BTC funds were confirmed in Wallet B before I did any of this. All transaction were done today.

Not really sure What I have done wrong atm :/
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:17:22 PM

I've done exactly as you have said but once my BCC wallet has synced ( Electron cash) it has the last transaction in it which was me emptying the wallet so my current balance in my Wallet C is 0.0 BCC Sad

BTC funds were confirmed in Wallet B before I did any of this. All transaction were done today.

Not sure where did these guys got their guide from. But generally if you placed all your bitcoins inside private keys before the August 1 split, then you will get BTC and BCC in that private key.

Also, do not trust electron cash, that is a fork from eletrum wallet. Electrum has already denounced that wallet and there is a chance your coins might get stolen as the source is unknown and possible the dev can steal your bcc.
hazukison

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

Donate --> 15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:00:04 PM

Not sure where did these guys got their guide from. But generally if you placed all your bitcoins inside private keys before the August 1 split, then you will get BTC and BCC in that private key.

Also, do not trust electron cash, that is a fork from eletrum wallet. Electrum has already denounced that wallet and there is a chance your coins might get stolen as the source is unknown and possible the dev can steal your bcc.

Which wallet can I transfer to get this? I've currently got my BTC in breadwallet. Can I simply send them to kraken at this point or is it too late and I have to transfer them to a certain wallet to get them out?

Mature student aging rapidly
15B6eKDUmjbV21Ujwj32HCX7qctCeSuzyi
Finners

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:09:08 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 09:25:13 PM by Finners

Yep they were all in a private key before the 1st

Guide I followed was from Electrum themselves https://electrum.org/bcc.txt. Moved my BTC to another wallet after the fork so that should be safe. Loaded my original key into Electron cash and expected to see my remaining BCC cash but its empty.

EDIT*

Got my BCH now. Electroncash default server is a BTC (bitcoin) not a BCH (Bitcoin cash) server. Click on the network icon and de-select the "select server automatically" box and select a server on the BCH blockchain ( right click>Use as server) and my BCH have appeared!
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:06:01 PM

I don't trust electron wallet either, better to be sure of. But there's a way as stated above the first post that we have to use a new wallet for it.

Which wallet can I transfer to get this? I've currently got my BTC in breadwallet. Can I simply send them to kraken at this point or is it too late and I have to transfer them to a certain wallet to get them out?
It's too late for you to send to kraken if you want to split it out. But there's a way.

Got my BCH now.
Will still wait for others about this transfer and electron.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
krizniq

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:15:44 AM

working, have my BCH ...

but be SURE you run Electron on DIFFRENT computer than your ELECTRUM is!!!!!!

because Electron is copying all your Electrum wallets to itself!

Use it with extreme caution
Best

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Roccker (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:48:20 AM

Thanks for that info !!

What if i don't have a second computer?

So now i sent my btc from Wallet A to Wallet B, from Wallet B to Bitstamp.
I have no more btc on Wallet A and Wallet B.

So i guess electron and electron cash (not trusted unconditionally right now) is not happy being on one computer because electron cash is tinkering with electron?
There is no trusted BCC Wallet out there right now?
You need a BCC Wallet i guess, there is no way around it

ps
Kraken has signups disabled
YoBit i don't even find the deposit function
Bittrex BCC wallet is 'under maintance'

where to even send BCC, is there a place now

---

Ok, BitcoinABC is a bitcoin cash wallet! I guess it can coexist nicely with electrum on a computer.

The Case for Bitcoin:

[am a noob]
krizniq

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:57:28 AM

TREZOR is the answer ...

bitcoinABC will (not sure) download whole blockchain ...

I have virtualised linux, so my electron bcc wallet is completely separated and I'll move them later probably to trezor wallet.
And then we will see which exchanges will offer BCC/USD BCC/BTC

no rush, anyway Electron for me is not trustable as it is copying electrum folder without even confirmation. And I think ThomasV claimed it's not well written in terms of security or possible privatekey leakage.

Anyway, since it has no possible access to my BTC I'm fine with this for limited time.

HasHe

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:29:01 PM

Yes,Electrum has already announced that they don't support BCC.First they kept the name as Electrum cash misleading the bitcoiners and then they changed their name as Electron cash.So be careful using such wallet.Some thing seems suspicious.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:03:31 PM

working, have my BCH ...

but be SURE you run Electron on DIFFRENT computer than your ELECTRUM is!!!!!!

because Electron is copying all your Electrum wallets to itself!

Use it with extreme caution
Best

You don't have to use a different computer.
You can also use a virtual system.
Just install virtual box and within that linux.
Then install Electron Cash.
Create on your other System where your Electrum wallet is installed a different wallet and send your fund over there.
Use the keys and seed of your old wallet to get your Bcash/BCH in Electron Cash Wallet. That's it.
Now you just need that damn chain to create some blocks so that you can send that stuff to an exchange to sell it or trade with it.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:20:54 PM

Yes,Electrum has already announced that they don't support BCC.First they kept the name as Electrum cash misleading the bitcoiners and then they changed their name as Electron cash.So be careful using such wallet.Some thing seems suspicious.
Not only your Bitcoin Cash can rob by hacker or devs this wallet anytime, when you use this wallet = give your private key to them and we don't know they trusted or scammer. So, your BTC in this private key will can loss anytime too. I have been transfer BTC in address used for receive BCC to other address for keep safe my funds.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:41:11 PM

Yep they were all in a private key before the 1st

Guide I followed was from Electrum themselves https://electrum.org/bcc.txt. Moved my BTC to another wallet after the fork so that should be safe. Loaded my original key into Electron cash and expected to see my remaining BCC cash but its empty.

EDIT*

Got my BCH now. Electroncash default server is a BTC (bitcoin) not a BCH (Bitcoin cash) server. Click on the network icon and de-select the "select server automatically" box and select a server on the BCH blockchain ( right click>Use as server) and my BCH have appeared!

Great that you got your BCH. Though I don't want to risk using my private keys on electroncash as I use it to identify myself here on bct and elsewhere. So that would be totally still dangerous for me. Probably, for more security, I would just recommend everyone just to download the whole blockchain of bitcoin cash (well it wll not be too far off from bitcoin's blockchain, so it will be huge!).
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:50:17 PM

1. Transfer your BTC to another wallet.

2. Export private keys from previous wallet. Or just manually copy/paste the private keys from 'used addresses' like in the pic below.

3. Open BCC client. Type in a new name for a new wallet.

4. Choose 'standard wallet'.

5. Choose 'use public or private keys'.

6. Enter private keys.
I just confused about the comments here is it safe to import private keys in electron cash client because they said that its scam and they are still 0 BCC in their wallet.
Hope that someone can clear me up about the BCC wallet and how to claim this coin .. thanks

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
krizniq

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:39:33 PM

if you give them private keys from EMPTY electrum wallet, it's safe

just make sure you trasfered all funds from that wallet before you will try to claim BCC and that transfer is already confirmed in BTC network!

boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:21:42 PM

Thanks for that info !!

What if i don't have a second computer?

You can try to download virtual machine so that you can have another operating system and that will be better. But if your main goal is just to send your bitcoins to other wallet, just send your bitcoins to another good wallet like coinomi. And after doing that you can now use the private keys of where your bitcoins are when the fork happened.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Roccker (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:17:22 AM

This electron cash software seems suspect: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2053806.20

Are there any other Bitcoin Cash Wallets?

The Case for Bitcoin:

[am a noob]
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:01:57 AM

Currently best thing to do is waiting if you don't plan to sell your bcc.
I am sure there will be more trusted lightweight wallets will be developed for bcc in short term.
Other than that, Electrum's suggestion is valid and safe. But it also says you should use another bcc wallet which may not be safe. I think you shouldn't ever install bcc wallet on your main computer.
mckenzie126

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:15:59 PM

This electron cash software seems suspect: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2053806.20

Are there any other Bitcoin Cash Wallets?

BCC is only a few days old. It might take a few weeks or months for decent software to be developed and bugs to be worked out.

You can always just save/write down your private keys and reclaim your BCC at a future date. In 10 years from now BCC might be worth millions and segwit(fiat)coins might be worth pennies.

Probably a very dumb newb question but..  I have BTC on an Electrum wallet since before the fork, can I go ahead & transfer the BTC to an exchange or wherever like normal & just forget about the BCC until a later date? i.e. if I transfer my BTC then Ill still have access later on to the BCC by using my private key ? Also, do i carry on using my Electrum wallet or do I need to create a new one ? Thanks for any help!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: