Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:52:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Future of BCC ?? Speculation of BCC  (Read 1732 times)
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:56:06 AM

We'll see. I think the name "Bitcoin" is more recognizable than "Bitcoin Cash".

Gonna disagree with you slightly there. (Just slightly. I think we're both singing from the same song sheet here pretty much)

(...)

But this is crypto. Logic and common sense don't really apply ....  Cheesy

Yup, I guess we are on the same page. And I get what you are saying, that there is the chance of BCH taking over BTC, but if it does, it will most likely be due to few people leveraging their power in combination with being at the right place at the right time, with the right name.

For average Joe/Jane, the real danger is scammers trying to sell them BCH as "BTC on a discount" (or, if BCH wins, the other way around). I expect this to happen a lot and this will harm Bitcoins (no matter what version) path to mass adoption.
Im not a robot

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:01:13 AM

Yeah exactly. Personally I think I'd rather a direction chosen by a more democratic consensus, however the reality is that real world usage decides. The other advantage BTC has is in trading pairs. I've read people bemoan alt coins and point to the organic growth of BTC as an indicator of it's longevity, but I believe the reality is that to a fairly large extent the organic growth of BTC is directly related to the growth of the alt coin market as it is the main fiat gateway. The same could be said for ETH. If exchanges allow for FIAT>BCC>Alts then BCC will have a very firm foothold.

Interested to see what the Japanese markets have to say.

csmcc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:22:17 AM

For average Joe/Jane, the real danger is scammers trying to sell them BCH as "BTC on a discount" (or, if BCH wins, the other way around). I expect this to happen a lot and this will harm Bitcoins (no matter what version) path to mass adoption.

Not to mention, I am AMAZED I haven't seen a post from someone who found a new BCC compatible wallet. Tried it. Imported their private keys to it. And all it did was transmit the key data to  a scammer somewhere. Who promptly emptied their account for them.

Wouldn't be terribly hard to do.

Enough people with no technical clue what they're doing that you could easily make a short term smash'n'grab profit with it. (Cos they didn't empty the wallet before re-using the key on the fake.)

Or maybe that has happened and I just haven't read about it yet.

Which again, is just bad publicity for crypto and nobody wins. Except the scammer obviously.

Interesting times when there is turbulence in the big boys arena.
csmcc

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:23:42 AM

If exchanges allow for FIAT>BCC>Alts then BCC will have a very firm foothold.

Good point. Hadn't considered that angle.
nelmari

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:01:41 AM

I wouldn't say it won't have a future because it was split from btc but I doubt it will have a bright future too. Or if it might have a place in the future but of less value because people will still go to btc than bcc.
mklost

Activity: 471
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:28:55 AM

Lower capitalization, minor use and another altcoin with speculative use without wide support.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:43:50 AM

Not to mention, I am AMAZED I haven't seen a post from someone who found a new BCC compatible wallet. Tried it. Imported their private keys to it. And all it did was transmit the key data to  a scammer somewhere. Who promptly emptied their account for them.

Wouldn't be terribly hard to do.

Enough people with no technical clue what they're doing that you could easily make a short term smash'n'grab profit with it. (Cos they didn't empty the wallet before re-using the key on the fake.)

Or maybe that has happened and I just haven't read about it yet.

Which again, is just bad publicity for crypto and nobody wins. Except the scammer obviously.

Interesting times when there is turbulence in the big boys arena.

Yup, there is almost no way we won't see some shady online wallets, coinsplitting services and whatnot. I read some scam accusations about particular electron cash downloads, but maybe I was mistaken.

Moreover, theymos mentioned here, that replay protection is not always guaranteed and/or that BCH wallets may overwrite existing wallet data. I don't know whether this is still an issue, with the fork being now in place technically as well, but there may still be the danger of moving one coin and losing the other in the process. Or is that mitigated by now?
csmcc

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:52:15 AM

Moreover, theymos mentioned here, that replay protection is not always guaranteed and/or that BCH wallets may overwrite existing wallet data. I don't know whether this is still an issue, with the fork being now in place technically as well, but there may still be the danger of moving one coin and losing the other in the process. Or is that mitigated by now?

Dunno. Certainly read a few posts with odd wallet/network behaviour on here. But you never know how much of that is legit, and how much is down to user incompetence.

I was aware of network doubts. So I haven't tried to claim the BCH I'm due from my offline storage.

Not really in any hurry to do so. I'll let the network stabilise (or die .... whichever comes first) and then worry about it. I've dumped the small amount I had from exchange holdings. I'll worry about the offline part once the network state becomes clearer.

I'd certainly be moving things off and using empty wallets for anything I did attempt though.

You'd be pretty dumb not to. (Which means plenty will. Of course.  Grin )
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:57:02 AM

I think a lot of people will dump in first week and then eventually some rich people are gonna buy cheap coins and pump it up, only to dump it later, but they'll keep it above 0.1 after that.

Creating money out of nothing is pretty amazing tbh. Let's hope bitcoin won't be harmed by it though.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:10:01 AM

Bitcoin China has already distributed and started trading BCC. Lets see how good the famous Chinese traders skills are. I heard that they are king of the pumps.
shirazteam110 (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 01:09:29 PM

but meanwhile it is dumping but pump will be soon i think we can compare BCC to ETH in Future
cryptoalien6

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:27:00 AM

yeh thats a good coin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: