Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:53:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Explain to a dummy how to acquire his Bitcoin Cash.  (Read 590 times)
InvestingEagle (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:31:54 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 01:27:25 AM by InvestingEagle

My BTC was in a Bitcoin Core wallet at the time of the split, which has since been transferred to a LocalBitcoins wallet out of sheer confusion. To a newbie, how can I get my Bitcoin Cash? Do I import a private key into a new wallet? What wallet did you use to acquire your BCH? Assuming that a "snapshot" was taken of my Bitcoin Core wallet at the time of the split, how can I get my private keys? Perhaps it was not explained clearly enough to me. Thank you for your input.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:33:27 AM

Need wait till fork done https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/

InvestingEagle (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:43:07 AM

Need wait till fork done https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/

Didn't the fork happen last night (5:20-6:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time)? Please elaborate. If I am mistaken, when will this fork be finished?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:15:16 AM

the fork is complete. you have your bitcoin cash.

right now the simplest way to get your bitcoin cash is indeed to import or sweep your core private key into a new wallet.

i did it from a paper wallet to coinomi because i didn't want to screw around with unknown wallets or the bcash blockchain. it deposited and sent fine.

send your bitcoins back to your wallet only when you've created a new one.
xbiv2

Activity: 560
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:52:11 AM

1. wait till fork done:
https://www.btcforkmonitor.info/
2. export keys to BCC wallet and make transactions

shade_wrath

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:15:33 AM

Fork already happened, if you had BTC in your offline wallet/paper wallet then you need to import it into new Wallet that supports BCH. Once imported you shall see BCC = BTC amount of your wallet.

Be careful as there will be lot of fake wallets or malware wallets trying to steal our private key. Go for reputed wallets that support BCH. After you have imported you need to re-send the BTC to your offline wallet/paper wallet without forgetting.

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
InvestingEagle (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:19:42 AM

the fork is complete. you have your bitcoin cash.

right now the simplest way to get your bitcoin cash is indeed to import or sweep your core private key into a new wallet.

i did it from a paper wallet to coinomi because i didn't want to screw around with unknown wallets or the bcash blockchain. it deposited and sent fine.

send your bitcoins back to your wallet only when you've created a new one.

Thanks for the info. Because I do not have a smartphone, I will have to use Bluestacks unless you know of any Bitcoin Cash-recognizing desktop wallets (please let me know if you do). However, Bluestacks only works properly when my computer runs on Windows 10 (it is currently running Windows 7). How can I save the private keys for my Bitcoin Core wallet so that I may upgrade?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: