Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:29:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine Bitcoin Cash (BCH) ?  (Read 79143 times)
Berque (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:17:05 AM

Hello,
I am not very new into mining, but into BTC/BCH mining. I would like to start mining Bcash but i couldn't find any information about that.
Can I mine BCH with my GPU rigs? Mostly RX 570-580 stuff.
Is there any guide, or can you please enlighten me shortly where to start?
Thanks! <3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:27:42 AM

In a word, no. This: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=383627.0

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Xeon_Xeon

Activity: 184
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:18:58 AM

I'm just wondering if Bitcoin Cash's difficulty drops alot would it be worth it to mine with older asic miners like Neptunes, Jupiters, older Antminers, ect and others that are pretty much useless for Bitcoin?

I can use the latest Neptune firmware on my November Jupiter and it would be cool to mine something even if it only breaks even in profitability since it is paid off.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:26:15 AM

Pete and repeat were in a boat, pete fell out, who was left?

Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:31:44 AM

Hello,
I am not very new into mining, but into BTC/BCH mining. I would like to start mining Bcash but i couldn't find any information about that.
Thanks! <3

Good question. For now, I think we have to wait for the next few weeks or months before we can say that "they will allow users to mine for BCH or BCC". The answer is "No" and who knows when it will be "Yes". I think it will all depend on the number of users. The more users as they say the merrier.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:39:22 AM

is it actually profitable mining this....?
kjs

Activity: 188
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:08:04 AM

Pete and repeat were in a boat, pete fell out, who was left?

Peat, bog.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:30:57 AM

Bitcoincash is the algo as bitcon wich is SHA-256, with the same network hash difficulty rate .basing with your current gpu mining  set-up rig using RX-570 / RX 580 i bet that this setup is not profitable anymore because most sha-256 mining rigs are using custom ASIC which more than a hundred or  thousand times faster than gpu mining for sha-256 algo. so the real answer is no.
Berque (OP)

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:37:44 AM

Are you sure BCH is an altcoin? Its named "bitcoin" cash, afterall. Smiley
absshop

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:42:12 AM

Question was: Is it worthy (1) and possible (2) to mine BitCoin Cash.

1) I don't know is it realy worthy now, because the Difficulty is the same as of BTC, but the price of each BCC (BCH) is 5-6 times lower then the Bitcoin's one.

2) Possibility is the next for now:
  ViaBTC offers Bitcoin Cash mining at pool.viabtc.com
  BitCoin.com offers BCC minig at pool.bitcoin.com with stratum server at stratum.bcc.pool.bitcoin.com:3333

Hope this is what You've asked for.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:51:03 AM

Short Answers

BCH can be mined.

Is there publicly available BCH miners right now?
  • Not that I'm aware of

Can my old Antminer XX work on BCH network?
  • I think this is a possibility if someone starts hacking it or bitmain comes out and releases updates to older miner software. They may even be able to do it right now with a pool.

Can I mine BCH with my GPU?
  • Yes if there is mining software out there you can find that will work but will it be profitable? Not until difficulty tanks on BCH network back to "GPU mining" days of difficulty on BTC (not likely to happen since SHA256 asics exist, SOMEONE will adapt one of the many that exist)

Will it be profitable to mine BCH?
  • This question is subjective to difficulty, price of electricity, and hashrate you can create. You will need to answer this for yourself by doing some math.

In essence the answer to "How to mine BCH" is that right now we are in a phase of "hurry up and wait" on the answers. Rest assured, once someone adapts an existing Asic to mine this network, its going to likely blow up to BTC difficulty levels from a few years ago and probably be worth less than BTC was during the same time since BCH is an "ALT" coin

s31joemhar

Activity: 602
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:56:47 AM

Hello,
Thanks! <3

Me too im finding same info to mine that coin i dont see any info how to mine that coin -_- anynone can help us we want to mine that coin
thesmokingman

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:55:33 PM

Short Answers

BCH can be mined.

• Not that I'm aware of

• I think this is a possibility if someone starts hacking it or bitmain comes out and releases updates to older miner software. They may even be able to do it right now with a pool.

• Yes if there is mining software out there you can find that will work but will it be profitable? Not until difficulty tanks on BCH network back to "GPU mining" days of difficulty on BTC (not likely to happen since SHA256 asics exist, SOMEONE will adapt one of the many that exist)

• This question is subjective to difficulty, price of electricity, and hashrate you can create. You will need to answer this for yourself by doing some math.

In essence the answer to "How to mine BCH" is that right now we are in a phase of "hurry up and wait" on the answers. Rest assured, once someone adapts an existing Asic to mine this network, its going to likely blow up to BTC difficulty levels from a few years ago and probably be worth less than BTC was during the same time since BCH is an "ALT" coin

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but BCC is SHA-256 algo so any existing BTC ASIC can mine it. I just blew the dust off my S5 and about to point it to one of the pools available. Just have to wait for the difficulty to correct and network moving to see if/how the dumps will go to determine profitability.

Some of the larger pools like Bitmain is talking about directing some of their hashing power to BCC to support the network. If mining BCC requires different/modified gear, I doubt it's been Dev'd that quick to allow for a network hash if 5 Peta Hashes in a couple of days...

PIMP your AMD & Nvidia Farm. Finally a Multi-Miner Linux 16.04 Distro with Web Monitoring and On the Fly Algo-Switching. My PIMP AMD/Nvidia FARM: https://miner.farm/farmer/554/farmstatus
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:52:05 PM

Short Answers

BCH can be mined.

• Not that I'm aware of

Any bitcoin(sha256) miner can mine BCH, you just need to point it at a BCH pool.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
thecil

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:44:24 PM

Short Answers

BCH can be mined.

• Not that I'm aware of

Thank you for this, i was looking quick info about it,  just for achademyc porpuse.
RobRoy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

bch p2pool

http://bch.coinminer.space:5964/static/
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:14:48 PM

is it actually profitable mining this....?

Not sure... I know there are people mining it but these have been mining companies pointing their servers at the coins merely either for attempting to gain control over the currency or with a large amount of the bitcoin cash that they want to sell it and get a confirmation fairly quickly. As a mining company, if you have a spare miner, you may as well point it towards another coin to see if you can get anything (and there's 12.5[bcc] if you do manage to get a block.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 12:52:01 AM

I want to get my BFL single going on this chain, anybody know of a pool where I can do that?

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Ragarg

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:11:48 PM

Hello Bitcoin Cash team,

I'm happy to announce that your coin has been listed to ItalYiiMP 2.0 for mining,

to get paid in BCH just set c=BCH as password in your configuration.

As an additional service, the explorer is available at the address http://italyiimp.com/explorer

visit http://italyiimp.com.

best regards.

Ragarg.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:32:23 PM

I want to get my BFL single going on this chain, anybody know of a pool where I can do that?

Viabtc might have a pool for this. They definitely have contracts that use mining power pointed at their blockchain so it makes sense they'd use their pool for mining as well (pool.viabtc.com)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: