Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 11:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash  (Read 2460 times)
Amevalentine

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:36:32 AM

It will NEVER EVER take over Bitcoin, at least that s my opinion. It brings absolutely nothing new now when SegWit is about to be locked.

However, I must say a free money is something I did not refuse so thx BCC.

I agree with you. But unfortunately for me, my wallet provider is not supporting the Bitcoin Cash. No free Bitcoin Cash for coins.ph users.
No free money for the coin.ph users too. My guess those want to buy bitcoin as fast as possible before the hardfork just interested to earn the bitcoin cash for free. But looks majority of the western exchange already supported it.

For me that's a non sense speculations here and all they wanted really is to threaten people to sell their assets, but those who spread that rumors around; better luck to them but they don't get what they wanted to take down bitcoin price. In fact the price effects from those days after the said August 1 really raging now and this will gain an abropt prise increase as people were agressively demanded to buy bitcoin digital currency this time.

That's why many similar topic like this create by newbie with comparing nonsense, it could be somehow to make issuing panic sell and coming another discount day Cheesy
1 August is done, nothing hard happened, everything controlled as well.
But maybe for some people seeking bitcoins stable price is not good enough.
number37

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:40:18 AM

still need to see what's going on with BCC, 5 hours without a block is not fun.
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:27:13 AM

According to CNBC news "Bitcoin falls, new 'bitcoin cash' briefly leaps nearly 50% then dives as digital currency splits"
Should non supporters of the split start worrying about the future of the Bitcoin?
Given the circumstances of an upgrade from 1MB to 8MB block size, will Bitcoin Cash totally overpower Bitcoin in the future? Let your thoughts be heard.
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is not tied to a bank and also allow user to spend anonymously while a Bitcoin cash is an alternative version of bitcoin, it is a seperate block chain that bumps up the block size up to 8mb and also Bitcoin cash is another forked off bitcoin. Bitcoin cash is also a peer to peer electronic cash for the net with no trusted third parties to operate.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Jako0203

Activity: 252
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:46:18 AM

right now BCC is just an altcoin , bitcoin with segwit is the best than BCC , and i think it will never last for long here , even tho it has greater and bigger value than bitcoin , and im always on bitcoin , bcc is not yet trusted
Servalead7

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

I happy to part this Bitcoin Forum

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:01:45 AM

This is very hot topic today. I saw the two separate Bitcoin & Bitcoin Cash in the coin market today.
Amazing! After the split, it double the number of your bitcoins. So blessed Bitcoin holders!
We also have many questions about that two. We are waiting for local translations for us to understand fully the explainations between the two separate coins.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:46:52 PM

At the moment, Bitcoin cash is worse off than Bitcoin. There are many factors for this. First of all, Bitcoin is the pioneer of cryptocurrencies and is highly established. Moreover, unlike Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin can actually be used by people. In other words, it is not an altcoin like Bitcoin Cash. Yeah, the name is misleading - “Cash”. It’s is not really a currency.

Moreover, if you look at a list of cryptocurrency market caps, you can see that Bitcoin Cash is not doing very well. https://coinmarketcap.com/
It fell sharply and such a rate is continuing. I suspect that it will soon be below Litecoin too. And if that happens, well its generalisation as an altcoin would be an accurate one.
Enkrypto_Storm

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:56:54 PM

I've been seeing a lot of misconceptions about both Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Cash, so I'd like to explain the differences in the most unbiased way I possibly can to help those out who don't quite understand:

Bitcoin Cash was forked from Bitcoin Core because it's developers disagreed with the upcoming addition of Segregated Witness 2x (SegWit2x). There are many concerns regarding SegWit2x, including signatures are separated, transactions are taken off the chain, etc. However, the biggest concern with SegWit is that it has changed Bitcoin's direction. Instead of Bitcoin on the track to becoming an everyday currency, SegWit puts it on a track to become a sort of 'settlement layer'. This means that Bitcoin Core could end up being primarily used to settle net transfers between banks. Many people oppose this, hence the creation of Bitcoin Cash, which tries to stick with the path set by Satoshi's original vision.

However, the bigger picture as to why many feel that a fork is necessary is because of Blockstream's influence over the Bitcoin Core development team, which has lead to mass censorship and a smaller voice of the community. 

Bitcoin Cash does, of course, have plenty of problems as well. The lack of mining support by bigger bitcoin mining companies means that it currently has a vulnerable infrastructure, although this could easily change in the future. What doesn't look like it will change any time soon, however, will be how Bitcoin Cash is more vulnerable to a malleability attack. SegWit removes the malleability of transactions, giving Bitcoin Core an edge. However, at the end of the day, malleability attacks affect a small amount of individuals, and are more of a nuisance than a very serious vulnerability.

I did say that I would be as unbiased as possible, however, you could probably tell from this post that I lean towards Bitcoin Cash a bit more than I do Bitcoin Core.
elebit

Activity: 441

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:24:04 PM

SegWit puts it on a track to become a sort of 'settlement layer'

Can we please stop this endless stream of bullshit? Segwit didn't turn Litecoin into a settlement layer and it won't turn Bitcoin into one either.

Instead of cut and pasting nonsense, why not spend a few hours to learn how it works instead? The word "segregated" comes from the change of an underlying data structure, which is done to the data that make sense to include in the transaction hash is actually included in it. It does absolutely nothing to turn Bitcoin into a settlement layer, nor does it make the signatures disappear, nor does it do any of the other crazy stuff people show up out of nowhere to suggest.

But that name alone seems to act as a magnet for people with more opinions than clues. Next time, let somebody else pick a name, ok..?
Blackmoon Crypto

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:51:08 AM

We don't know for sure the developments in the coming days, months and even years. For now. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is still considered as an altcoin to Bitcoin and whether this new coin is the one that can topple the real Bitcoin...we will see on that. As of now, it is still the real Bitcoin that is the reigning king of cryptocurrency.

This all boils down to support and usage. If holders and users of Bitcoin will shift to BCH on a massive scale then maybe that can be the sign that BCH is already the new Bitcoin. Personally, I am seeing that the two coins can live alongside each other peacefully as there is nothing wrong when we possess both of them.

As they say, the more the merrier and this is quite true in cryptocurrency.

Yes. Very well said.  Smiley
But I really wonder why they have to split though just to upgrade the Bitcoin blockchain (a decade old)  transaction speed. Is it really about the transactions or about the who's idea to follow?
Hopefully Bitcoin will still be the reigning king of cryptocurrency in the years to come.

Agree! Good point! Bitcoin is to be the reigning king of cryptocurrency!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: