Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:09:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Bitcoin Cash  (Read 2457 times)
Fourgh (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:24:47 AM

According to CNBC news "Bitcoin falls, new 'bitcoin cash' briefly leaps nearly 50% then dives as digital currency splits"
Should non supporters of the split start worrying about the future of the Bitcoin?
Given the circumstances of an upgrade from 1MB to 8MB block size, will Bitcoin Cash totally overpower Bitcoin in the future? Let your thoughts be heard.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:40:15 AM

We don't know for sure the developments in the coming days, months and even years. For now. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is still considered as an altcoin to Bitcoin and whether this new coin is the one that can topple the real Bitcoin...we will see on that. As of now, it is still the real Bitcoin that is the reigning king of cryptocurrency.

This all boils down to support and usage. If holders and users of Bitcoin will shift to BCH on a massive scale then maybe that can be the sign that BCH is already the new Bitcoin. Personally, I am seeing that the two coins can live alongside each other peacefully as there is nothing wrong when we possess both of them.

As they say, the more the merrier and this is quite true in cryptocurrency.
Fourgh (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:44:57 AM

We don't know for sure the developments in the coming days, months and even years. For now. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is still considered as an altcoin to Bitcoin and whether this new coin is the one that can topple the real Bitcoin...we will see on that. As of now, it is still the real Bitcoin that is the reigning king of cryptocurrency.

This all boils down to support and usage. If holders and users of Bitcoin will shift to BCH on a massive scale then maybe that can be the sign that BCH is already the new Bitcoin. Personally, I am seeing that the two coins can live alongside each other peacefully as there is nothing wrong when we possess both of them.

Yes. Very well said.  Smiley
But I really wonder why they have to split though just to upgrade the Bitcoin blockchain (a decade old)  transaction speed. Is it really about the transactions or about the who's idea to follow?
Hopefully Bitcoin will still be the reigning king of cryptocurrency in the years to come.

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:46:50 AM

so far you can only consider it an alt coin , but no one can tell the future
I guess bitcoin with Segwit is better than bitcoin cash , but I'm not a good trader nor a good tech guy
and since I suck at these I'm considering leaving both my btc and bch without trading them , but not sure how things will go
Fourgh (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:54:10 AM

I guess bitcoin with Segwit is better than bitcoin cash , but I'm not a good trader nor a good tech guy
and since I suck at these I'm considering leaving both my btc and bch without trading them , but not sure how things will go

Me neither. I don't do much trading right now because the prices are so volatile. But who knows, just storing bitcoins could earn us a fortune in the future.
So how do you earn Bitcoins anyway? Through buying or visiting faucets?

sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:00:40 AM

Me neither. I don't do much trading right now because the prices are so volatile. But who knows, just storing bitcoins could earn us a fortune in the future.
So how do you earn Bitcoins anyway? Through buying or visiting faucets?

There are a few ways to earn bitcoin but really buying is the only real way.  Faucets only give you around 70-100 satoshis per drip so nothing really.  If you have a trade or skill, you could sell it for BTC.  However... working your ass off for fiat and then transferring it to BTC is really the only way.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:04:19 AM

We don't know for sure the developments in the coming days, months and even years. For now. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is still considered as an altcoin to Bitcoin and whether this new coin is the one that can topple the real Bitcoin...we will see on that. As of now, it is still the real Bitcoin that is the reigning king of cryptocurrency. This all boils down to support and usage. If holders and users of Bitcoin will shift to BCH on a massive scale then maybe that can be the sign that BCH is already the new Bitcoin. Personally, I am seeing that the two coins can live alongside each other peacefully as there is nothing wrong when we possess both of them.  As they say, the more the merrier and this is quite true in cryptocurrency.

Yes. Very well said.  Smiley But I really wonder why they have to split though just to upgrade the Bitcoin blockchain (a decade old)  transaction speed. Is it really about the transactions or about the who's idea to follow? Hopefully Bitcoin will still be the reigning king of cryptocurrency in the years to come.

The split happened because there is a group of miners who did not go along with the decision of the majority and so they got their own coin and that is the birth of Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Right now, BCH is gaining some grounds as there are now additional exchanges that are announcing their support for BCH. In this case, exchanges can be supporting both the original and real Bitcoin as well this new altcoin BCH. The two then can live without any problem except if Bitcoin holders would be dumping their Bitcoin to buy Bitcoin Cash but I don't see that coming soon. I am happy though that I also got my little share of BCH in Bittrex.
pdpanzer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:13:37 AM

Yes. Very well said.  Smiley
But I really wonder why they have to split though just to upgrade the Bitcoin blockchain (a decade old)  transaction speed. Is it really about the transactions or about the who's idea to follow?
Hopefully Bitcoin will still be the reigning king of cryptocurrency in the years to come.

Just like different Linux distributions, they serve different purposes. The only difference in the analogy is that to create a new Linux bistro, you'd have to preinstall it in the previous suer base. And then they'd have to delete it. SO the analogy breaks, but the point is that to be fair, everyone is awarded 1:1 a stake in the complementary coin. But the most typical reaction of those that could hold it would be "delete it" (sell at vile prices).
pdpanzer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:19:50 AM

So damn true! The Bitcoin Hard Fork has completed successfully. Orders for Bitcoin cash BCC/BCH are exploding.

Exchange wallets are closed. This means the all trade is limited to whatever was converted in the Exchange - a tiny portion of all BCC in the market. This scarcity of BCC is dangerous to those that are forming an opinion but do not understand this, which is why I bring it up.
Fourgh (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:22:44 AM

So damn true! The Bitcoin Hard Fork has completed successfully. Orders for Bitcoin cash BCC/BCH are exploding.

Exchange wallets are closed. This means the all trade is limited to whatever was converted in the Exchange - a tiny portion of all BCC in the market. This scarcity of BCC is dangerous to those that are forming an opinion but do not understand this, which is why I bring it up.

Yes, but some wallets will resume transfers once the system is stable. The number of BCC (limit) is yet to be known. All we can do is wait.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1867

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:07:11 AM

According to CNBC news "Bitcoin falls, new 'bitcoin cash' briefly leaps nearly 50% then dives as digital currency splits"
Should non supporters of the split start worrying about the future of the Bitcoin?
Given the circumstances of an upgrade from 1MB to 8MB block size, will Bitcoin Cash totally overpower Bitcoin in the future? Let your thoughts be heard.

It may be a true prediction but we can only wait for the right time. As of now, those who have received BCH as free are dumping them because they are instant money. We will know how much demand will be there by the time BCH is already cheap.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:10:49 AM

It will NEVER EVER take over Bitcoin, at least that s my opinion. It brings absolutely nothing new now when SegWit is about to be locked.

However, I must say a free money is something I did not refuse so thx BCC.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Fourgh (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:40:02 AM

It will NEVER EVER take over Bitcoin, at least that s my opinion. It brings absolutely nothing new now when SegWit is about to be locked.

I agree with you. But unfortunately for me, my wallet provider is not supporting the Bitcoin Cash. No free Bitcoin Cash for coins.ph users.

GoodOne

Activity: 127

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:00:34 AM

Don't worry, even those who received free bcc can't do anything with it right now.
But it is still very interesting how fast bcc will fall in price these first days after it will be available to sell  Smiley
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:11:53 AM

I agree with you. But unfortunately for me, my wallet provider is not supporting the Bitcoin Cash. No free Bitcoin Cash for coins.ph users.

If you really want to have a Bitcoin Cash, you must have transferred you bitcoins into another wallet that nake you manage your own private key like MyCelium and Electrum.

Me myself is a user of coins.ph, I use it because I can move my coins to another wallet without fee as long as it is the same. But reading their announcement about not supporting the fork, I immediately sent my coins to Electrum. Right now I am holding my BTC and the same number of BCC.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
rsarkar

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:18:36 AM

How to check if an bitcoin wallet address has bch in it?

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/rslsrkr/
Fourgh (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

If you really want to have a Bitcoin Cash, you must have transferred you bitcoins into another wallet that nake you manage your own private key like MyCelium and Electrum.

Me myself is a user of coins.ph, I use it because I can move my coins to another wallet without fee as long as it is the same. But reading their announcement about not supporting the fork, I immediately sent my coins to Electrum. Right now I am holding my BTC and the same number of BCC.

Thanks for the information, I haven't heard of those wallets before. Will give it a try on of this days when we can see where the Bitcoin Cash is going.  Cool

Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:36:01 AM

No free money for the coin.ph users too. My guess those want to buy bitcoin as fast as possible before the hardfork just interested to earn the bitcoin cash for free. But looks majority of the western exchange already supported it.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
caeles

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:31:52 AM

If bitcoin cash will totally overpower bitcoin, I think it will not. Bitcoin is a crypto currency we used in the internet to buy, sell, and invest. Even without bitcoin cash before we use bitcoin properly. I think bitcoin cash is just like a cash we usually holds and bitcoin is the coin. I think both crypto currency will have each value but won't overpower each.

CyNotes

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:45:58 AM

I think bitcoin cash will not overpower bitcoin because even bitcoin falls it will raise again. Also, the newly develop crypto currency, bitcoin cash, also drop from $400 to $300. Also, bitcoin cash is vulnerable to "ruinous legal trouble". I think bitcoin cash is just a bitcoin's cash and the bitcoin is the coin so I think it won't overpower bitcoin instead it will have a nice relationship with each other.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: