Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 06:48:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lone Shark attempting to extort Bitcoin Cash from customers  (Read 1103 times)
UFCkid (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:06:45 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 04:28:16 AM by UFCkid

What is it with this guy Lone Shark who has told his customers they also now owe him BCH as well as BTC even though that was never in the original agreement. What if customers refuse? Do they deserve to get collaterals sold or negative feedback. No way. This latest fork of the BTC protocol has no impact on loan agreements for BTC here.

He is was banned and banned for good reason. Do not allow him to extort anything from you other than original agreement. No matter what notice was given. That is just bullshit.

Below is what i wrote in his loan thread -
Lone Shark as you are banned you are now ban evading by creating this alt account. Do you have theymos' permission to post again?

Just because you gave people notice that you will change the terms of their agreements with you doesn't make those changes valid. Who the fuk do you think you are.

BTC did not split, there is now just an altcoin. There are hundreds of altcoins from the BTC protocol. You have no rights to any of them from your customers. Not a single extra Satoshi and defintely no rights to BCH, unless you specified that in your original agreement. Which you did not.

People, don't let these lenders getaway with such bullshit. They lent you BTC and that is all you should repay them as agreed originally.

You cheeky bastard. Take your massive high interest and good riddance to trash like you.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:12:58 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 04:18:20 AM by Pearls Before Swine

I just wrote a reply to you in the other thread, but I'm glad you started this.  It'n interesting
dilemma.  Should he expect BCH in addition to the BTC that he lent out?  I'm kind of on the
fence about it, so don't attack me.  I'm very curious to see what other people think about it.

There's no way those borrowers aren't going to try to use his stipulations as grounds to default
on their loans.  Not this community.

Added:  I understand,  it wasn't a discussion thread and I apologize.   You lucked out with that ban appeal. 
I was interested in the bigger philosophical question of what should happen in cases like yours.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:53:13 AM

What is it with this guy Lone Shark who has told his customers they also now owe him BCH as well as BTC even though that was never in the original agreement. What if customers refuse? Do they deserve to get collaterals sold or negative feedback. No way. This latest fork of the BTC protocol has no impact on loan agreements for BTC here.

He is banned and banned for good reason. Do not allow him to extort anything from you other than original agreement. No matter what notice was given. That is just bullshit.

Below is what i wrote in his loan thread -
Lone Shark as you are banned you are now ban evading by creating this alt account. Do you have theymos' permission to post again?

Just because you gave people notice that you will change the terms of their agreements with you doesn't make those changes valid. Who the fuk do you think you are.

BTC did not split, there is now just an altcoin. There are hundreds of altcoins from the BTC protocol. You have no rights to any of them from your customers. Not a single extra Satoshi and defintely no rights to BCH, unless you specified that in your original agreement. Which you did not.

People, don't let these lenders getaway with such bullshit. They lent you BTC and that is all you should repay them as agreed originally.

You cheeky bastard. Take your massive high interest and good riddance to trash like you.

Deleted you bs post. But quoted it for people to see.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1820695.msg20551474#msg20551474

Again, I would like to reiterate that I sent out a message to every borrower I had about it 2 weeks before August 1. For your information again, I PM'ed those people with big loans that they can just pay up the loan with no interest before August 1 and a lot of them agreed to this change. No retaliation or whatsoever was ever sent to me.

Actually, you are the only one complaining, and you don't even have a loan with me. Unless you are borrower of mine that is hiding his ass under a noob account then this will make sense. If you are, then PM me damn it. There is no point in hiding. As if I was not kind to my borrowers. Most of them always ask for extension and they get it even without additional interest. You can ask them.

So far I have ran a fair loan business here and I believe what I asked them is always in the spirit of fairness. If it was not fair I would have received awfully a lot of negative feed back about it from my borrowers and for sure they have posted their sentiments on my thread or through PM. And again, I did not receive such.

So, again, what is your problem with all of this? Not sure what your interest in all of this is. This is really a pointless discussion, especially that you are not even a party to my transactions.

Cheers,
Cheeky Bastard

Oh yeah, this isn't ban evasion anymore as it was already lifted. So your thread title is already defamatory.
UFCkid (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:15:56 AM

Adding Lone Shark response in other thread here for completeness-

You cheeky bastard. Take your massive high interest rates and good riddance to trash like you.

Hi you noob SOB,

Got my account back. So that was great. First, would like to thank Cyrus for giving me a second chance at redemption. I thank you greatly. This might not be the best place to post my thanks, but I will create a new post about it.

FYI, my post on my alt was not for purposes of ban evasion, but for just informing people who owe me. This was allowed by hilariousandco for your info.

Who the fuck I think I am? I'm fucking Lone Shark bitch. Since you are so hostile to my me, I would be to you. You aren't even a borrower here.

For your info asshole, it split. BCC is a network split you noob shit. Why would thymos and everyone else even post about the split if it was not a split? Wtf are you talking about shitty scam altcoins based on BTC protocol? If they are base from BTC protocol, that is the only likeness they have with BTC. Know the difference of a regular Altcoin that is based on BTC protocol and what BCC is.

The reason I asked for the BCC is that given that I had the bitcoins with me prior to August 1, then that means I would have gotten BTC and BCC at the same time. But since I have BTC with my borrowers then that means I would not receive any BTC that split, ie BCC. I gave my borrower ample time to repay it earlier and offer to give a discount of the interest. I even PM'ed some of them if they pay back I would not charge any more interest for your information.

The interest are high here since the crypto world has even higher growth rate than our interest rates. You can even check out other lending threads, they even charge far higher than mine.

Cheers,
Cheeky Bastard

He is ban evading, definitely, and I'm curious as to whether mods are going to tolerate
this.

This is a sticky issue here, is it not?  Whether a borrower owes a lender BTC + BCH because of the
split.  I get that this isn't the thread to discuss it in, but part of me thinks Lone Shark is correct
in asking for the BCH as well.  But I understand your point of view as well.  In any case, LS is going
to have one hell of a time trying to collect if he's banned.  This forum is crawling with people who
won't pay back a loan if you give them half a chance.  

This is not a discussion thread. Deleting both of your posts by the way.

Lone Shark my response is simple, you lent your BTC out under an agreement. Those BTC are the borrowers. You cant change the agreement as you see fit. You gave your borrowers an option to repay early and receive an interest discount. That was fine. It is up to your borrowers to take up that option on their choice, NOT YOURS. If they do not choose that option, you don't have a Fuking leg to stand on and demand they pay you both coins.

And you are WRONG about the fork. You have no idea what you're talking about.

warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:22:05 AM

Simple, borrowers, do not send these abusive lenders bitcoin cash. Why allow them to extort you? If they do, they are plainly and simply criminals.

You owe them bitcoins. You pay back bitcoins + interest. Don't let them enrich themselves by enforcing murky out of terms demands for bitcoin cash.

UFCkid (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:25:01 AM

Simple, borrowers, do not send these abusive lenders bitcoin cash. Why allow them to extort you? If they do, they are plainly and simply criminals.

You owe them bitcoins. You pay back bitcoins + interest. Don't let them enrich themselves by enforcing murky out of terms demands for bitcoin cash.

Perfectly worded.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:26:07 AM

I am not so sure that it is appropriate to ask for both BCH and BTC for outstanding loans. I don't see anything in his loan agreements that would compel his borrowers to repay both BCH and BTC. One party to a contract does not have the right to unilaterally change the terms of the contract without the other party of said contract accepting the modified terms.

I would also point out that BCH is trading at roughly 0.179 BTC and BTC is trading at >100% from where it was trading only days ago, and is roughly at the ATH.

I would say that interest paid by borrowers is what compensates Lone Shark for the loss of being able to use BTC for whatever he wants, including to use it to receive BCH, when possible. if Lone Shark was not lending out his BTC, he would have the opportunity to lend it out on bitfinex (or another exchange), or invest it in an ICO, or invest it elsewhere, and it would not be reasonable to have borrowers repay hypothetical returns on these investments plus interest for the loan.  
Lone Shark

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:27:01 AM

-snip-

Lone Shark my response is simple, you lent your BTC out under an agreement. Those BTC are the borrowers. You cant change the agreement as you see fit. You gave your borrowers an option to repay early and receive an interest discount. That was fine. It is up to your borrowers to take up that option on their choice, NOT YOURS. If they do not choose that option, you don't have a Fuking leg to stand on and demand they pay you both coins.

Then we agree to disagree. End of talk. Again, you are not my borrower and thus not privy to any of my contracts. You do not have any say in my deals. If my borrowers have a problem then they can take it up with me.
UFCkid (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:31:52 AM

-snip-

Then we agree to disagree. End of talk. Again, you are not my borrower and thus not privy to any of my contracts. You do not have any say in my deals. If my borrowers have a problem then they can take it up with me.

I am letting borrowers know they need not worry about your demands and extortion attempts and that they'll be supported.
This is a community and we collectively decide what is fair and right. You are neither.

UFCkid (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:37:13 AM

I am not so sure that it is appropriate to ask for both BCH and BTC for outstanding loans. I don't see anything in his loan agreements that would compel his borrowers to repay both BCH and BTC. One party to a contract does not have the right to unilaterally change the terms of the contract without the other party of said contract accepting the modified terms.

I would also point out that BCH is trading at roughly 0.179 BTC and BTC is trading at >100% from where it was trading only days ago, and is roughly at the ATH.

I would say that interest paid by borrowers is what compensates Lone Shark for the loss of being able to use BTC for whatever he wants, including to use it to receive BCH, when possible. if Lone Shark was not lending out his BTC, he would have the opportunity to lend it out on bitfinex (or another exchange), or invest it in an ICO, or invest it elsewhere, and it would not be reasonable to have borrowers repay hypothetical returns on these investments plus interest for the loan.  

Again perfectly worded. Someone that sees the bigger picture from a fair perspective.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:41:05 AM

This is a community and we collectively decide what is fair and right. You are neither.
What is "fair" is not necessarily what was agreed upon. Some may argue that the interest rates that Loan Shark is charging (and what his borrowers are agreeing to) is unnecessarily high, however his borrowers should still pay this interest rate because it is what they agreed to.

The interest rates that most borrowers charge around here would probably be considered "predatory" in much of the Western world.

Again perfectly worded. Someone that sees the bigger picture from a fair perspective.

Thanks.
UFCkid (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:51:54 AM

What is "fair" is not necessarily what was agreed upon. Some may argue that the interest rates that Loan Shark is charging (and what his borrowers are agreeing to) is unnecessarily high, however his borrowers should still pay this interest rate because it is what they agreed to.

The interest rates that most borrowers charge around here would probably be considered "predatory" in much of the Western world.

Thanks.

You are not wrong.
I am pro-choice. If someone makes an agreement than that is their choice. That is what they are responsible for. There is perceived higher risk for lenders here and they can charge what they perceive compensates. What really made me go wtf is when i read in Lone Sharks thread someone wanting to clarify that they now owed him BTC plus Bitcoin Cash like they had no say in the matter. I wanted to make a few points so they felt comfortable in speaking up if they disagreed with his demands.
Lone Shark

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:01:00 AM

Thanks.

You are not wrong.
I am pro-choice. If someone makes an agreement than that is their choice. That is what they are responsible for. There is perceived higher risk for lenders here and they can charge what they perceive compensates. What really made me go wtf is when i read in Lone Sharks thread someone wanting to clarify that they now owed him BTC plus Bitcoin Cash like they had no say in the matter. I wanted to make a few points so they felt comfortable in speaking up if they disagreed with his demands.

In no way that I prevented them from speaking up though. I clearly stated all the facts to them and if they have a disagreement with it, they were always free to pm me or post on my thread.

And why are we even really discussing this in-depth. In total, the people who owe me have about 0.2BTC remaining. To be honest, if they reacted to it that they don't want to pay the BCC, then I would have bargained and not ask for its payment. But, again, they agreed. A lot of them through pm and some even wrote a message that they agree.

I only retaliated to you since you are a hostile asshole. If you wanted a discussion then we could have talked properly in a civilized manner. But no. You chose the ugly route of things.

Again, I don't even know what your interest in this. If the people I contract with agree with it, so what is your problem?
Lone Shark

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:13:31 AM

For your peace of mind and so that you can move on with your shitty life and I can do other more important things aside from arguing pointlessly with you.

Since I don't have time to argue with this asshole kid, UFCKid.

To those who have pending loans with me which is due after august 1. It is optional for you to pay the BCH.

In total, I have about less than 0.2BTC pending for repayment, and this fucking kid has so much problem with 0.035 BTC worth of BCH in total that may even go down by a lot by the time the borrower's due date comes. And taking note that he doesn't even have a loan here with me. :/

Everything is back to normal, so all loans are still due on due date with the option of paying the BCH which a lot of you agreed on paying. I won't take it up against you if you don't pay it.

To those who paid partially, like onnz423, I would substantially reduce your loan's interest. Just pm me when you want to pay up so I can recompute.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Cheeky Bastard
UFCkid (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:13:53 AM

Thanks.

You are not wrong.

In no way that I prevented them from speaking up though. I clearly stated all the facts to them and if they have a disagreement with it, they were always free to pm me or post on my thread.

And why are we even really discussing this in-depth. In total, the people who owe me have about 0.2BTC remaining. To be honest, if they reacted to it that they don't want to pay the BCC, then I would have bargained and not ask for its payment. But, again, they agreed. A lot of them through pm and some even wrote a message that they agree.

I only retaliated to you since you are a hostile asshole. If you wanted a discussion then we could have talked properly in a civilized manner. But no. You chose the ugly route of things.

Again, I don't even know what your interest in this. If the people I contract with agree with it, so what is your problem?

I got upset when i read one of your borrowers post on your loan thread wanting to clarify that they now owed you both coins.
I feel you had no right to make the demands you did and that you made them in such a manner as to make them feel they had no choice in the matter. My interpretation entirely but that is how i interpreted your posts.
I spoke up to make these points so borrowers know they have support should they feel they want to speak up.
I feel i am attempting to make this community better by having this discussed.
I don't feel i deserve negative trust because of anything I've written here. Thank you for that little bit of trust abuse. Kind of reinforces my point about you don't you think.
Lone Shark

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:18:15 AM

Thanks.

You are not wrong.

I got upset when i read one of your borrowers post on your loan thread wanting to clarify that they now owed you both coins.
I feel you had no right to make the demands you did and that you made them in such a manner as to make them feel they had no choice in the matter. My interpretation entirely byt that is how i interpreted your posts.
I spoke up to make these points so borrowers know they have support should they feel they want to speak up.
I feel i am attempting to make this community better by having this discussed.
I don't feel i deserve negative trust because of anything I've written here. Thank you for th as t little bit of trust abuse. Kind of reinforces my point about you don't you think.

It is not trust abuse. I am just stating facts about what you have done. I don't think you can deny that you:

1. Defamed me by posting this thread and on my thread about extorting people. Which is nothing close to extortion.
2. That you insulted me in your posts. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1820695.msg20551474#msg20551474

There is nothing in the rules about trust feed backs that I cannot leave a feed back about what you did against me.
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:02:15 AM

Um, how is this extortion?

In my opinion if i was the lender i would have done a similar thing. Because after all, logically speaking after the fork bitcoin cash + bitcoin would equal to roughly the value of 1 bitcoin before the fork. There could be a scenario where the price of bitcoin drops dramatically as a result of the fork, clearly it didn't happen this time but it is a possibility.

I'm sure that Lone Shark is financially secure enough and probably don't even care about 0.03 BTC or so.

He didn't threaten his borrowers, he simply asked them to either repay the loan or pay bitcoin cash + bitcoin, which they will get anyways.

Anyways he has waived all bitcoin cash repayments anyways, so if your agenda was really to help the borrowers then you already have seen your desired result. But i feel like you're just launching a personal vendetta on Lone Shark...
Lone Shark

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:07:45 AM

Um, how is this extortion?

In my opinion if i was the lender i would have done a similar thing. Because after all, logically speaking after the fork bitcoin cash + bitcoin would equal to roughly the value of 1 bitcoin before the fork. There could be a scenario where the price of bitcoin drops dramatically as a result of the fork, clearly it didn't happen this time but it is a possibility.

I'm sure that Lone Shark is financially secure enough and probably don't even care about 0.03 BTC or so.

He didn't threaten his borrowers, he simply asked them to either repay the loan or pay bitcoin cash + bitcoin, which they will get anyways.

Anyways he has waived all bitcoin cash repayments anyways, so if your agenda was really to help the borrowers then you already have seen your desired result. But i feel like you're just launching a personal vendetta on Lone Shark...

From the words of UFCkid, "perfectly worded"

After I posted that I will renounce the BCC (or BCH, whatever), he stopped replying here. Likely this guy is one my of borrowers that just don't want to pay that part. Note to that guy, next time just PM me. Every one of my borrower knows how considerate I am to them.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:33:58 AM

In case that this wasn't agreed before the loan was issued, then the borrowers do not have to pay back any amount of BCH. The only thing that they do have to pay back is lent BTC + interest as agreed upon the initial terms. If the accused is indeed demanding that BCC be sent to them as well in the fashion of "send BCC or else X", then then a negative rating is warranted. I do have to take a better at the timeline of the changing statements.

It is optional for you to pay the BCH.

Not really that relevant. It depends on the time when he did it, and what his original stance was. Pending exact review.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:22:59 AM

Likely this guy is one my of borrowers that just don't want to pay that part. Note to that guy, next time just PM me. Every one of my borrower knows how considerate I am to them.
Why are you forcing him to pay that part when it wasn't agreed upon on the initial lending terms ? You changed your conditions after a thread was opened against you,might not be the case if the discussion had been in your PM.

Just took a look at the conditions you imposed on the lenders which weren't part of the initial terms,
1. In case there would be a hard fork and the network splits into multiple blockchains (which means there would be multiple bitcoins), your loans will also be for multiple coins. (Ex. If you owe me 0.1 Bitcoins and the network splits into two resulting to having bitcoin1 and bitcoin2, you owe me 0.1 bitcoin1 and 0.1 bitcoin2.)

2. I will give an incentive of discounted interest (up to 50% off) to the people with loans due after August 1 to pay now or before August 1. Send me a PM and I will recompute your loan.

3. If in the event there would not be any splitting of the network, then the loan terms will remain the same.

4. If it does, however, you will still be liable to me for multiple coins as I have given you notice and ample time to settle your loans before August 1. You cannot say that after August 1 that you cannot pay the other coins, because your exchange or wallet only gave you one coin.

Shows how desperate you're for the other coins.Title of the thread perfectly makes sense.You are literally asking them to pay more than what they borrowed.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: