Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:38:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BCC/BCH Wallet Reviews  (Read 5006 times)
Moria843 (OP)

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

Found Lost beach - quiet now

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:12:35 AM

I've transferred my BTC to new addresses (kept the sending address private keys) and am now ready to move my BCC/BCH. I'm trying to decide which BCC/BCH Wallet to use.

Is there a review of wallets anyone can recommend?

Or, personal success stories you've had with BCC/BCH wallets that you can share.

Hot time, summer in the city, back of my mine getting hot & gritty!!!
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:30:50 PM

Recommend Wallet
sixexgames

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

One Social Network

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 05:54:21 PM

The Electron wallet was easy to set up and recieve funds. Haven't sent any with it yet though.

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:01:46 PM

I don't know how forks work , thats why I sent most of my btc to crypto-games cause they said that they will handle the fork for the users
so I don't need to do imports or exports , I just need an address ( a wallet ) to receive my share of BCH
so anyone here knows a good wallet that you can send and receive BCH using it ??
anonjdoe

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:18:13 AM

I've used Bitcoin ABC with a non-HD wallet.dat, and it works fine. Was able to copy block data from a running and up-to-date instance of Bitcoin Unlimited before the fork to avoid the download and syncing -- worked just fine. I don't think you can do that anymore now that the block chains have diverged. Sent several dozen transactions, all good with no problems, aside from loooooong block times.

I've also used Electron Cash, and sent one transaction from there. Works fine.

I've seen one report from someone who tried to send from an address that had some 600+ UTXOs. He reported his Electron Cash hangs for this attempt. I've tried nothing that challenging so I can't confirm.

My Electron Cash currently has only a single non-zero UTXO in it, but I can't bring up the hidden "Addresses" tab that comes up in Electrum when you press CTRL+A. Not sure if this is because there's only one UTXO total.
Katashi

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 06:32:50 AM

Nice thanks for the info i'm using waves by the way until now can't see or tell of i'll be having bcc. But i've one question to ask is it worth it to hold this one or maybe just dump it? Is it up already on prominent exhanges like polo or bittrex.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit InvestBox| 
BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY
🏆
anonjdoe

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:23:58 PM

Nice thanks for the info i'm using waves by the way until now can't see or tell of i'll be having bcc. But i've one question to ask is it worth it to hold this one or maybe just dump it? Is it up already on prominent exhanges like polo or bittrex.

I'm not a Waves user, so I couldn't advise on that issue.

Regarding dumping BCC now, that's a tough call. It's already dropped a lot, will it still drop more? If you think so, then you can dump now, and still buy back later for better value if you want (or just keep the gains from the sale permanently). On the other hand, if it's nearing the bottom, the slingshot has gotten pulled back pretty hard. It could jump up, and that jump could either be a temporary pump itself, or a solid upwards movement. It's really hard to say.

Myself, I'm a believer in Bitcoin Cash, so I'll be HODLing long-term at some point, but if I'm sure it's going to drop in the short term, even I'm tempted to dump just to try to play the market. Unfortunately, my ability to predict the future is murky at best.
niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:38:01 PM

Use the exchanges sites wallets  Wink, bittrex is the best

Wait - so I could still transmit my "old" bitcoin from my wallet to bittrex and they will still be split today?
I was thinking that I would have had to send them to bittrex before August 1st to be able to use this methode.
anonjdoe

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:08:45 PM

Wait - so I could still transmit my "old" bitcoin from my wallet to bittrex and they will still be split today?
I was thinking that I would have had to send them to bittrex before August 1st to be able to use this methode.

No, absolutely not. If you transfer bitcoin (BTC, not Bitcoin Cash aka BCC, BCH, XBC) to any exchange today, you'll only be credited with BTC. You won't get the opportunity to get more Bitcoin Cash from that deposit.

On the other hand, if you had BTC in your possession (you held the private keys yourself at the time) during the fork, you should already have access to an equal number of Bticoin Cash BCC.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:16:16 PM

No, absolutely not. If you transfer bitcoin (BTC, not Bitcoin Cash aka BCC, BCH, XBC) to any exchange today, you'll only be credited with BTC. You won't get the opportunity to get more Bitcoin Cash from that deposit.

On the other hand, if you had BTC in your possession (you held the private keys yourself at the time) during the fork, you should already have access to an equal number of Bticoin Cash BCC.
I have my btc in blockchain.info where I hold my private key how can I move my btc to other wallet any web wallet apart from electrum much appreciated.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:26:55 PM

Yes you are right, the exchangers are best choice to stores bitcoins cash BCH at least for today, because until right now still there are no available service of bitcoins cash wallet which secure, easy to be used, fast respond and can be trusted but if the services of wallet bitcoins cash be available, more secure to do withdrawal bitcoins cash BCH on the wallets never put the funds on exchangers, it is high risk to hacking issues and losing money.
rooster2000bka

Activity: 299

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:30:51 PM

The Electron wallet was easy to set up but you need sent all BTC to other wallet before import to BCH wallet
anonjdoe

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:24:14 PM

I have my btc in blockchain.info where I hold my private key how can I move my btc to other wallet any web wallet apart from electrum much appreciated.

You're asking about moving regular, legacy Bitcoin (BTC) from your Blockchain.info wallet to another regular Bitcoin wallet (just not Electrum), right? So you're question doesn't involve Bitcoin Cash (BCC, aka BCH/XBC) at all? If so, you should just do this normally. Get a receiving address from your destination wallet, put that in the "Send to" field of your Blockchain.info wallet, and off you go.

Unfortunately, I haven't used Blockchain.info's wallet for a long time, so I don't know more specifics than that.
DetectorToken

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:27:22 PM

Electron Cash is just fine, working as promised.
Please make sure you check SHA1 before you import wallet/send BCH.
anonjdoe

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:18:09 PM

The Electron wallet was easy to set up but you need sent all BTC to other wallet before import to BCH wallet

I wouldn't say "need" to, but it can't hurt and might be safer if you don't trust such a new wallet. On the other hand, I didn't bother, and had no problems (with a relatively small amount in the wallet to start with). And if you don't send the balance out of Electrum first, you save on BTC miner's fees, which could be considerable if your Electrum wallet has a lot of UTXOs.
panganib999

Activity: 1750
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 05:44:37 PM

I don't know how forks work , thats why I sent most of my btc to crypto-games cause they said that they will handle the fork for the users
so I don't need to do imports or exports , I just need an address ( a wallet ) to receive my share of BCH
so anyone here knows a good wallet that you can send and receive BCH using it ??
It is quite a new thing for us because it technically a new thing in the world of Bitcoin so if you are looking for a wallet I know some of wallet that supports Bitcoin also open on accepting BCC on their transaction and as holding for them to have a good monitor on the price of both currency in the market. So if you are going to find a wallet it is best to choose on what more you are going to deal with it. If it's on trading on holding or open transaction in order to have a suitable wallet.
Silvercell

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:13:03 PM

already try to use all bcc wallet from all exchanger which accept bcc, but all of them cant be used instantly i think. bittrex fail,kraken fail,coinex fail,bter fail

also try put addy from dice site,its also failed
why can be like that?

▒██████████████████████▄▄▄
    ▐███████████████████████████▓▄
                         ▀▀███████▓▄
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▄   ██████▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░  ▄▄  █████▌
    ▐██████████████████████▄▀██▄ █████▌
    ▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐█████
                        █████▌▐█▌ ▒████
                       ▓█████ ▐▀  █████
    ▐███████████████████████▀▄▄▄ ▐█████
    ▐█████████████████████▀ ▓██ ▐█████▌
    ▄                   ▄▄▄    ▓█████░
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▀▀▀  ▄▄█████▀▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀
    ▐██████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRIFE

▄██████▄
             ▄██████████▄
             ████    ████
             ████▄▄▄▄████
              ██████████

▄   ▀██████▀
     ▄███▀       ▀██▀
    ▐████▄▄       ▐▌
      ▀█████████▄▄▄
         ▀████████████▄
           ██████████████
           ██████████████
         ▄██████████████
BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM
████  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  ████
       ▄█████▄▄
     █████▀█████
    ▐███▌   ▐███▌
    ▐████▄▄▄████▌
     ▀█████████▀
       ▀█████▀
         ███
       ▀███▄
                ▄█████
           ▄▄▄▄████████▀
      ▄▄████████████▀
     █████████████▌
    ▐█████████████▌
     ███████████████▄

▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
                 █████▀▀     ▀█████▄
                █████           █████
               █████             ████▌
        ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
      █████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
     █████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███████████▀▀  ▀▀▀█████████
      ██████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀███████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀██████
       ▀▀██▌  ▐█████   ███████  ▐█████   ███▀
               █████             █████
klimauk

Activity: 183
Merit: 103

Crypto maniac - HODL

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:56:14 PM

I have the same situation. I chosen Bitcoin ABC and I'm still waiting to sync my wallet.

Hodler <> seller <> buyer
Hoho29

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

HalommmmE is my LOVE

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 05:00:02 PM

i know they are different coins now but any offline wallet work with both coins together ??

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: