Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *BTC/BCH end-of-year prediction*  (Read 3614 times)
M0N3YMAGNET

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:12:17 PM

If Bitcoin Cash is "better/faster" that means average people want the latest and greatest right? The analogy would be like a Mac vs a PC in price. PS I am a Bitcoin holder. Just throwing in my bit of pessimism.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:17:56 PM

It's natural when new coin is launching the price is up, then slowly down. Just wait for one or two weeks. When bitcoin more stable and most exchanger still hold bitcoin and accept it, BCH will slowly down. BCH will be passed by ETH, ETH seem forgoten now but I am sure that ETH will be the second biggest cryptocurrency.
M0N3YMAGNET

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:34:05 PM

We have to remember that the Media plays a role in volatility. If CNBC is saying things like "Bitcoin gets an upgrade" etc this confuses Noobs and Bitcoin Hedge Funds which seem to be popping up day by day.
ErnieRox

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

Novus ordo seclorum

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:36:53 PM

pump and dump bch, nothing more, but i'll take the free moneys  Grin Grin
lurker10 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:45:52 PM

Segwit2x supporting miners will be "heavily influenced" in the next 90 days NOT to raise blocksize to 2 MB.

"Influencing" is starting the very next day of the fork, as predicted Smiley
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/6r4hgp/adam_back_wants_to_skip_the_2x_part_of_the_ny/

November: the last (hopefully) Bitcoin battle.

PoorLad

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Coinhoarder

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:07:03 PM

My guess is BTC 3200$ and BCH 40$  Smiley

M0N3YMAGNET

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:41:50 PM

Let's hope so. Isn't this all about mass adoption? We are betting on the tech to take off and if everyone starts using BCH then that's that. But I am in OG Bitcoin camp.
lurker10 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:44:57 PM

My guess is BTC 3200$ and BCH 40$  Smiley

Bitcoin Cash has just processed a block of 4.7MB without any issues.

We've been told many times by Core/Blockstream that anything above 1MB is dangerous.

Bitcoin Cash clearly shows it was a big lie.

Transactions with Bitcoin Cash cost a penny; transactions with Bitcoin/Segwit cost a dollar to send.

More people are going to use Bitcoin Cash because it's so much cheaper, followed by price, followed by hashrate Smiley

Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:49:00 PM

My prediction is BTC ~3400$, and BCH ~30-50$ in the end of 2017.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:00:20 AM

We've been told many times by Core/Blockstream that anything above 1MB is dangerous.

Transactions with Bitcoin Cash cost a penny; transactions with Bitcoin/Segwit cost a dollar to send.

More people are going to use Bitcoin Cash because it's so much cheaper, followed by price, followed by hashrate Smiley

I really don't get why people don't get the simple fact that if transactions are super cheap than so is spammig 8 MB or even gigabyte blocks full therefore raising fees.

There has to be a transaction fee market and there's no way around that - which is fine.

8MB blocks might still be dangerous along with the rest of the changes BCH did but the issues might not get unveiled for a long time.

Not your keys, not your coins!
lurker10 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:27:13 AM

I really don't get why people don't get the simple fact that if transactions are super cheap than so is spammig 8 MB or even gigabyte blocks full therefore raising fees.

There has to be a transaction fee market and there's no way around that - which is fine.

8MB blocks might still be dangerous along with the rest of the changes BCH did but the issues might not get unveiled for a long time.

I get the spamming issue. Miners can stop including them in blocks, if the fee is too low, they do the work for the network. If you want a fee market, you pay a fee and get guarantees, spammers with zero or too low fees will be priced out by higher fee txs and rejected by miners.

Bitcoin Cash didn't make any changes but raise the blocksize and it removed dangerous Segwit changes. So it is much safer than Bitcoin/Segwit if more hashrate comes to mine it. With little hashrate is stays vulnerable to 51% attacks.

But I believe more hashrate will come to Bitcoin Cash in November when it is clear that Core/Blockstream has no intention to respect the 2MB blocksize increase of the Segwit2x agreement. Until then Bitcoin Cash will be vulnerable and must hang tight.

leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:21:55 PM

I get the spamming issue. Miners can stop including them in blocks, if the fee is too low, they do the work for the network. If you want a fee market, you pay a fee and get guarantees, spammers with zero or too low fees will be priced out by higher fee txs and rejected by miners.

Bitcoin Cash didn't make any changes but raise the blocksize and it removed dangerous Segwit changes. So it is much safer than Bitcoin/Segwit if more hashrate comes to mine it. With little hashrate is stays vulnerable to 51% attacks.

But I believe more hashrate will come to Bitcoin Cash in November when it is clear that Core/Blockstream has no intention to respect the 2MB blocksize increase of the Segwit2x agreement. Until then Bitcoin Cash will be vulnerable and must hang tight.

Geez, I'd just Dig this issue, seeing how these people implement the plan so perfectly. didn't see that coming. funny.
david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 02:33:11 PM

Should I sell BTC for BCH ?? I feel people move to BCH massively .
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:33:10 PM

Segwit2x supporting miners will be "heavily influenced" in the next 90 days NOT to raise blocksize to 2 MB.

Some of them will not. Some of them will want to. The former will keep blocksize to 1 MB. The latter will join to mine the Bitcoin cash fork.

At the end of the year BCH fork will have about half of the BTC hashrate and half of the price.

In numbers it will look something like this:

5000 PH/s for BTC, 2500 PH/s for BCH

$3000 for BTC, $1500 for BCH.
I don''t known, but i think we have both BTC and BTC with total price at $10000 in this last year!
chohav

Activity: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 03:53:43 PM

Should I sell BTC for BCH ?? I feel people move to BCH massively .

Should you sell gold for gold-plated iron?
uobaaagrf

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:02:48 PM

Remember, BCH can never replace BTC, because BCH is altcoin!Unfortunately, the S2X doesn't work well.I don't even know why BCH is going up so quickly that I can't understand it.This is an injury to bitcoin.

RondoAnyar

Activity: 651

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

Remember, BCH can never replace BTC, because BCH is altcoin!Unfortunately, the S2X doesn't work well.I don't even know why BCH is going up so quickly that I can't understand it.This is an injury to bitcoin.
I also strongly agree that BCH will not replace BTC because BTC is too strong in the world of cryptocurrency. at the end of this year BTC predictions will be very strong in price and BCH will always be below BTC.

milindabandara

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 04:23:09 PM

Just found this thread and Read it.  Cheesy

How much unpredictable is this crypto-currency world is.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:51:21 PM

Geez, I'd just Dig this issue, seeing how these people implement the plan so perfectly. didn't see that coming. funny.

This attack was predicted. BCH can become BTC if it is the longest chain, if the Chinese dump enough BTC and pump BCH they can easily rewrite the BTC chain with 51%, then Core has to change the POW algo and BCH wins.

The only danger big blocks pose is the size of the chain, Satoshi didn't say anything about limiting block size as he thought 1mb blocks would be enough and they still are, unless the Chinese spam them. BTC was not designed to be used for buying coffee worldwide.

indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 06:55:30 PM

Some of them will not. Some of them will want to. The former will keep blocksize to 1 MB. The latter will join to mine the Bitcoin cash fork.

At the end of the year BCH fork will have about half of the BTC hashrate and half of the price.

In numbers it will look something like this:

5000 PH/s for BTC, 2500 PH/s for BCH

$3000 for BTC, $1500 for BCH.
my prediction a bit different from yours. bitcoin will stay at 5000 $ and BCH end up around 2000 or 1500 $. and if bch fluctuation same as before it will drop im afraid that would just happen like before.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: