Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:39:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I start a Bitcoin cash node?  (Read 520 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

I'm a supporter of Bitcoin core, and I've been ignoring all the forking nonsense. I'm waiting for things to stabilise before I start trying to sell domain names for Bitcoins again. I've got a small amount in a core wallet - should I start a Bitcoin cash wallet to replicate this?

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:52:50 AM

If you believe in bitcoin cash, why not? If you don't and don't are about the forking fiasco then just keep on using bitcoins and not create the node. What benefit will you get from it anyway, right? Why would you want to replace your core wallet to bitcoin cash. So that would mean you will forgo bitcoins and just take bitcoin cash?
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:04:38 AM

it depends on what you mean by small!
go to an exchange or visit coinmarketcap.com and see how much your "small amount" is worth. if it was a decent amount then start thinking about ways you can access it. and a full node is only one of them. you may be able to do it mush simple and faster.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 08:24:27 AM

I'm the guy who picks up pennies if he sees them in the street, so if there is any cash to be picked up, then I'll do it.  On the other hand, I'd like to see Bitcoin stable, and continuing to establish itself as a store of wealth. Currently my wallet contains less than one Bitcoin, so the amount is not significant enough to risk the stability of Bitcoin's future.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:28:16 AM

I'm a supporter of Bitcoin core, and I've been ignoring all the forking nonsense. I'm waiting for things to stabilise before I start trying to sell domain names for Bitcoins again. I've got a small amount in a core wallet - should I start a Bitcoin cash wallet to replicate this?

I cant tell you what to do. Personally, that is my plan. I am motivated by the chance to make a quick buck and my political beliefs. I should be only end Aug (at-least that's the plan). It certainly is going to be an interesting couple of months. I am looking forward to it.
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:36:35 AM

Does everyone have to take sides?

I'm running both Cash and Core.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:48:01 PM

I'm thinking of copying the relevant part of the blockchain onto an SSD, and then running a Bitcoin Cash node on a different computer. I've read that there can be problems if you try to run both nodes on the same computer, so this seems to be a safer option. To me, it seems that the easiest option would be to add my Bitcoin address into my Cash wallet, and send the funds into the new address. I could then delete the address for the "true" Bitcoin.
Are there any security risksin doing this?

Praetorian.1legion

Activity: 476
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:16:15 PM

What does it matter how a coin is called. I went to the stock exchange, bought it cheaper, sold it more expensively, I earned it. Coins are not icons to pray. What difference does it make to me, what is the algorithm in it? You have to trade and earn more, and not go into technical details. And the bitcoins are already expensive and it's already hard to make money on them.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: