Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:08:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFLabs: May 13, 2013 [Update]  (Read 4461 times)
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 02:55:08 AM

God damnit why didn't I go with Avalon.  ASIC's or not, BFL is not a professionally run company.  If we had the truth the entire time, we could have made better decisions with our money.  
probably because you weren't in the know enough(I wasn't either) to actually be able to order during the three minutes or so that the first batch was actually available.

I was "in the know",but was blinded by BFL's bragging...............Now I'm sitting on a 2nd day order for 30GH.Kinda stuck,not going to give up now  Roll Eyes

There is a difference between being pot-committed in poker and, being what you are, which is just delusional.  Get your refund while you still can.  I have seen this behavior many times from companies just before they go bankrupt.  More frequent updates with more empty promises.  BFL is likely going to become defunct after the large difficulty spike which is about to hit because more and more people will be demanding their money back.  Even if they don't go bankrupt, your 30GH will be like pissing in the wind when it finally arrives.  But odds are, your money is as good as gone if you don't request your refund because they will have to pay other creditors before you after the bankruptcy proceeding.

If I get a refund now,after waiting 11 months,they will ship something & I'll be even MORE pissed off.I'll take my chances for a little longer.......BUT I will NOT buy anymore devices from BFL ever!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 04:20:11 AM

I will never buy anything from BFL.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:13:49 AM

If I get a refund now,after waiting 11 months,they will ship something & I'll be even MORE pissed off.I'll take my chances for a little longer.......BUT I will NOT buy anymore devices from BFL ever!!

I think that's the BFL dilema in a nutshell.  

- If I cancel now I may get my money back, but if I cancel and they ship then I've given them an interest free loan.

- If I cancel now, get my money back, and BFL goes under I'll feel like the king of the world.

- BFL may well ship, but your order may arrive in several months time when Avalon will make any profit months if not years away.  Remember, BFL still has not begun mass production so we don't know what problems they're yet to encounter.  Stated mass production is 400 units per day.  In two weeks BFL (by all accounts) has not shipped 400 units total.

Fortunately BFL have been smart, and as part of the 'yeah, I still want my order' confirmation they made everyone go through they offered a refund.  Didn't take it?  Too late to ask for your money back later on.

The one thing none of us know is how fast BFL is burning money with their chip prototypes, wafer sacrifices (to save a few days out of many months), board revisions and new cases.  
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:15:07 AM

There are going to be a ton of broken hearts and empty wallets in the next 6-12 months.

Entertainment galore though.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:08:37 PM

Avalon Batch 2 ships.
Gigahash/s are the new Megahash/s.  Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:05:33 PM

There is a difference between being pot-committed in poker and, being what you are, which is just delusional.  Get your refund while you still can.  I have seen this behavior many times from companies just before they go bankrupt.  More frequent updates with more empty promises.  BFL is likely going to become defunct after the large difficulty spike which is about to hit because more and more people will be demanding their money back.  Even if they don't go bankrupt, your 30GH will be like pissing in the wind when it finally arrives.  But odds are, your money is as good as gone if you don't request your refund because they will have to pay other creditors before you after the bankruptcy proceeding.

Or... they don't provide refunds outright.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: