Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:11:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bank of Bitcoin- The World's Most Secure Bitcoin Service- Unhackable!  (Read 6824 times)
Kaepora

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 05:37:27 AM

I wouldn't mind trying it out if I had Bitcoins. Problem is shortly only the people that have lots of money invested in hardware and ASICS are gonna have substantial amount of Bitcoins as the difficulty goes up and up
DigitalCurrencyConsultant

Activity: 671
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:38:07 AM

Seems like a possible good idea. Anybody have any experience with them yet?

coingecko

on the moon yet?[/center]
seshep

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:39:30 AM

What about  'The Bank of Bitcoin' owners"?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:54:42 AM

'The BOB Vault'
SNIPWS

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:11:46 AM

It wont be long till, "The Bank of Bitcoin" announces that it's shutting down.

Like others have said, labeling it "The World's Most Secure Bitcoin Service" and "Unhackable"
will invite people to hack yous.
Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:29:43 AM

Shutting down?
Why?
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:38:07 PM

I wouldn't mind trying it out if I had Bitcoins. Problem is shortly only the people that have lots of money invested in hardware and ASICS are gonna have substantial amount of Bitcoins as the difficulty goes up and up
That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You can test out this site with even tiny fractions of a bitcoin, which you can buy instead of mine.
jmbinfo

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 02:44:05 PM

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You can test out this site with even tiny fractions of a bitcoin, which you can buy instead of mine.

Agreed but they are expensive for most of the world.
Explodicle

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 06:56:45 PM

Agreed but they are expensive for most of the world.
Ok I've gotta be missing something because that seems irrelevant too. Aren't they equally expensive for everyone? Why does price matter with regard to insignificant test transactions?
Inglewood

Activity: 253

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 07:02:08 PM

It's probably not a good idea to just come out and say "unhackable", kinda puts you on the spot  Undecided
bobbix

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 08:08:40 PM

this sounds like a great idea, keep the paper in fireproof safe
TheBankofBitcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:38:04 PM

I am happy to see that now that some people have taken the time to examine and understand what The Bank of Bitcoin actually does and what we offer, we are starting to see some growing positivity here!  I also don't think it hurst that we recently added instructions on our site where we explain how someone can check our Paper Vault security for themselves: https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en

I will say again, just for anyone who may have missed it earlier, that our claims of "unhackable" apply specifically to our Paper Vaults, which are a paper printout of pairs of Bitcoin Addresses and Private Keys; these pairs generated on the user's own computer in such a way that the Private Keys are never transmitted over the Internet, and are printed by the user him- or herself. They are unhackable in the sense that you cannot hack a piece of paper.

And no, we are not going anywhere.  Smiley

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:17:56 AM

I am happy to see that now that some people have taken the time to examine and understand what The Bank of Bitcoin actually does and what we offer, we are starting to see some growing positivity here!  I also don't think it hurst that we recently added instructions on our site where we explain how someone can check our Paper Vault security for themselves: https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en

I will say again, just for anyone who may have missed it earlier, that our claims of "unhackable" apply specifically to our Paper Vaults, which are a paper printout of pairs of Bitcoin Addresses and Private Keys; these pairs generated on the user's own computer in such a way that the Private Keys are never transmitted over the Internet, and are printed by the user him- or herself. They are unhackable in the sense that you cannot hack a piece of paper.

And no, we are not going anywhere.  Smiley

I guess there are suckers born every minute.

Unhackable paper wallets aside...

At worst you're setting up some sort of scam : at best you're duplicating services that everyone already has access to.

There's no added value here and thus no legitimate profit potential.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:36:45 AM

firefop- We have never said that there are not other ways to accomplish similar things to the services we offer, but none that offer our range of services (with more to come) and integrate them in such a simple, convenient and accessible manner.  We do things differently, and in many ways we do things far better, and we are trying to make Bitcoin accessible to the masses, while preserving the anonymity and security which make Bitcoin what it is - and I think we are succeeding!

Anyone who cares to examine what we have done can see that a lot of really intensive work has gone into creating The Bank of Bitcoin; not exactly the hallmark of a scam.  Also, even if it was true that we were simply duplicating the services of others (which is certainly not what we are doing) your post is sort of like someone going into Burger King and shouting "This place is a scam, because there is a McDonald's down the street!"

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 05:50:11 AM

firefop- We have never said that there are not other ways to accomplish similar things to the services we offer, but none that offer our range of services (with more to come) and integrate them in such a simple, convenient and accessible manner.  We do things differently, and in many ways we do things far better, and we are trying to make Bitcoin accessible to the masses, while preserving the anonymity and security which make Bitcoin what it is - and I think we are succeeding!

Anyone who cares to examine what we have done can see that a lot of really intensive work has gone into creating The Bank of Bitcoin; not exactly the hallmark of a scam.  Also, even if it was true that we were simply duplicating the services of others (which is certainly not what we are doing) your post is sort of like someone going into Burger King and shouting "This place is a scam, because there is a McDonald's down the street!"

Come now, you don't offer a single service that someone couldn't provide for themselves if they just did a little reading or used existing services. My whole point is where is the service level that would ever allow you to make any money off the venture? It simply isn't there. You're offering nothing new or even 'slightly better' than what already exists. This just screams 'long con' to me.

All that aside... you seem to be stuck on trying to provide services that are anathema to the generally accepted goals of bitcoin.

Explodicle

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:23:48 PM

I was thinking about your practice of displaying the hash of the Paper Wallet javascript to prevent the insertion of malicious code. When does the user download this hashing code which hashes the Paper Wallet's javascript? If they download it only once, it's similar to Armory. If they download it along with the Paper Wallet javascript, an attacker could also modify the code which displays the hash. Right?
leigl

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:32:30 PM

I see no point in his, want to keep your BTC safe?use blockchain.info, i dont think its ever been hacked and the only time accounts have been stolen are due to phishers and viruses.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:47:03 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2013, 08:08:57 AM by TheBankofBitcoin.com

Explodicle- There is no "hashing code" to download.  The way it actually works is that the user visits our Paper Vault pages and downloads the source code for these pages according to the instructions at https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en.  The idea is that if this source remains unchanged then it has not been altered by a hacker, and no malicious code has been injected as you said.

There are many ways to check if this source code remains unchanged.  On the page listed above we provide instructions for doing this by using a online md5 hash generator.  The md5 hashes of the two pages in question should be 9cd21c1046322458a873a986ab3d6e37 and 6cc7f0c7505cec5b6fb2a2b2a16179f0.  I don't know if anyone has actually followed the instructions for checking the source code, but would be interested in their experience and any feedback on the process we have described.
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2013, 07:48:22 AM

Sounds like unsinkable titanic...
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 07:51:28 AM

Explodicle- There is no "hashing code" to download.  The way it actually works is that the user visits our Paper Vault pages and downloads the source code for these pages according to the instructions at https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/check_for_yourself.php?lang=en.  The idea is that if this source remains unchanged then it has not been altered by a hacker, and no malicious code has been injected as you said.

There are many ways to check if this source code remains unchanged.  On the page listed above we provide instructions for doing this by using a online md5 hash generator.  The md5 hashes of the two pages in question should be 9cd21c1046322458a873a986ab3d6e37 and cd1b9831ea887c88faf25178de0b5f27.  I don't know if anyone has actually followed the instructions for checking the source code, but would be interested in their experience and any feedback on the process we have described.

reads this second paragraph. lets it sink in for exactly half a second. searches google for md5cracker.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: