Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:40:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bank of Bitcoin- The World's Most Secure Bitcoin Service- Unhackable!  (Read 6824 times)
TheBankofBitcoin.com (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:18:20 PM

BitcoinBarrel, you are absolutely correct. Storing your Private Key in a secure physical location = greatest security. Akka got it right- "mainstream" users who are more technologically challenged will find the most value here in terms of security- although it's absolutely true that convenience offered is a value to everyone.
Inedible

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:20:14 PM

Greyhawk: I'm a graduate from New York University with a degree in psychology, and business studies from NYU Stern. I have deleted my most recent and important experiences to prevent people like you from contacting and harassing my most important employers. And half naked, wow didn't think it would look that way! I'm wearing a strapless dress at a dinner. Yeesh, I think I'll change that. I'm an investor and entrepreneur here, although I have some knowledge of programming that was lent to my partners.

Inedible: My details were verified by GoDaddy when the website was made secure. You can see that it is in fact registered to me.

The SSL certificate just says the owner is verified. Unfortunately this doesn't mean much as my neighbour could apply for a certificate and I could use it. Her identity would indeed be verified but it wouldn't link that site with me.

I'm not trying to be difficult - just helping you establish your legitimacy Smiley

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:26:42 PM

I have deleted my most recent and important experiences to prevent people like you from contacting and harassing my most important employers.

Which one. The MLM marketing scheme with Oleander as an anti-aging product? Laffo.
dummm

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:27:52 PM

As I understand, this is not a bank but a paper wallet service. Paper wallet is the most best way to keep bitcoins safe.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:34:05 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 01:47:01 PM by TheBankofBitcoin.com

Inedible- Thanks, I will figure out a way to offer more legitimacy and proof of who I am, and that indeed I exist! Never really had to do that before. You can see I am registered here: http://whois.domaintools.com/thebankofbitcoin.com

Dummm- that is exactly in part what we do- it's a bank in the sense that we help provide you with the most way to store your hard earned Bitcoins - in that sense, we are better than the average bank. We are adding Merchant Services, which will offer the same secured storage options with even greater convenience for online merchants.

On a side note, I'm starting to realise Greyhawk likes to be troll-y. For the record, I have no idea what Orleander is, so either you're inventing things or your frenzied effort to discredit me has led to a dead end. Enough responding to that.
greyhawk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:49:04 PM

On a side note, I'm starting to realise Greyhawk likes to be troll-y. For the record, I have no idea what Orleander is, so either you're inventing things or your frenzied effort to discredit me has led to a dead end. Enough responding to that.

It's not unusual for people participating in MLM sales scams for unproven fraudladen "anti-aging" snake oil to not have the slightest idea what it is they are selling. You might recognize it more under the name 'Nerium'.
Inedible

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:51:09 PM

Inedible- Thanks, I will figure out a way to offer more legitimacy and proof of who I am, and that indeed I exist! Never really had to do that before. You can see I am registered here: http://whois.domaintools.com/thebankofbitcoin.com

I'm doing it to protect the community as much as I am trying to help you establish yourself.

You'll soon see that Greyhawk is actually very kind in comparison to the wolves who will soon be pursuing you for information.

The problem with Bitcoin is it attracts the very best of the worst kinds of fraudsters and the most vocal of the cynics won't give you much room for maneuver.

There's a lot of money to be made for a successful scammer and you've position yourself as a bank so expect to see a lot of people asking for a lot of reassurance.

I would strongly suggest if you're not comfortable handing over a lot of personal information that you might want to rethink whether you're the correct partner (of your associates) to be the face of the organisation.

You're going to come under a great deal of scrutiny and you'll have to put up with a great deal of harassment from the more cynical.

So yep, decide if providing the following would be too much for you to disclose:

1) Physical address of your organisation
2) Verification that you are indeed Veronica Kearney (this might go as far as a short questionnaire answered in video format with display of a redacted photo ID).

These are big asks but you're asking for a lot of trust.

Edited: Grammar

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:57:15 PM

As I understand, this is not a bank but a paper wallet service. Paper wallet is the most best way to keep bitcoins safe.
Dummm- that is exactly in part what we do- it's a bank in the sense that we help provide you with a way to store your hard earned Bitcoins. We are adding Merchant Services, which will offer the same secured storage options with even greater convenience for online merchants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank
For a good example, see the Islamic Bank of Bitcoin. I strongly urge you to change your name, unless you're actually handling the coins yourself this is not a bank.

Regarding security - is it safer to download one client once (Armory), or download the client every day (web)?
greyhawk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:02:53 PM

You'll soon see that Greyhawk is actually very kind

No insults dude pls  Angry

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:04:12 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 05:03:32 AM by TheBankofBitcoin.com

Inedible, great advice that I will not take lightly. As this was my idea, I am determined to see it through at least as much as the others involved. The Bank of Bitcoin does has a physical address, but tying up some loose ends on the legal side before I start making that public.

Greyhawk, my work experience is in financial services. I have never sold a product like that in my life.

One of the most telling bits about what we're doing is that we have no control over your Bitcoins in the Private Vault. It's not like other services who have been allegedly "hacked" with nothing more than a "Sorry!" to give. We can't take your money if we wanted to - which I understand we have to prove as much as humanly possible that we don't want to. We'd rather be in business. But, it's up and running and anyone can see for themselves exactly how it works.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:20:13 PM

Explodicle, there are two types of storage: Active Storage and Paper Vault. Although the Active Storage provides ultimate convenience, we advise keeping as little of your Bitcoins there as possible (or to transfer Bitcoins to Active Storage out of your Paper Vault only when you need to) for the simple fact that those Bitcoins are indeed handled by the Bank, and if the Bank server is hacked (despite our best efforts at security) they could be lost. Active Storage is appropriate for storing smaller amounts of Bitcoins, much as you would typically keep smaller amounts of spending cash in a physical wallet.

More here: https://thebankofbitcoin.com/docs/storage_types.php

Our website supports the highest level of encryption available and we hope to increase security as word of mouth spreads, and membership increases. We always advise keeping your Bitcoins in the slightly less convenient Paper Vault, for the same reasons that got BitFloor hacked. The trade-off is the time it takes to manually enter your Private Key.

The Bank of Bitcoin keeps the block chain on our server. You never have to download the client, but you can always verify transactions in the blockchain.
"Running Bitcoin software on your own computer or other device typically requires downloading the full Bitcoin "block chain". The block chain is the full history of all Bitcoin transactions which have occured since the inception of Bitcoin. This is currently about 7GB of data and growing quickly. Maintaining a full copy of the block chain requires an ever-increasing allocation of memory, and the constant downloading of new transactions makes it impractical (and essentially impossible for slower Internet connections).

Our solution is to download and store the block chain on our server. We use our memory and bandwith, thus freeing up your resources, making Bitcoin easily accessible to all. " - from  The Bank of Bitcoin website, article "Why You Need Us"
bratkartoffel

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:30:24 PM

Why do you disallow ' and \ even in passwords? And a 32 char password is also not allowed because it doesn't contain a special char?
No website / server / pc is unhackable. Thats technically not possible...

Just wondering about your password policy and "marketing slogan", maybe i'll give it a try Wink

Regards,
BK
OpenYourEyes

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:32:57 PM

This screams "scam" to me, but hey I could be wrong.

takemybitcoins.com: Spend a few seconds entering a merchants email address to encourage them to accept Bitcoin
PGP key | Bitmessage: BM-GuCA7CkQ8ojXSFGrREpMDuWgv495FUX7

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:45:28 PM

The password rules, to my understanding, were set to thwart hacking attempts- though I will have to check on exactly why those particular characters aren't allowed. It may be a technical or security issue. 

The website, our server, your PC indeed can all be hacked. That is why it is so important to 1) Have access to your Private Keys (something that other Bitcoin services do not provide) and 2) Store those Private Keys in your Paper Vaults (similar to the Paper Wallet, learn more here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet)

When we say "You can't hack paper", it is meant to convey that you are not storing your Private Keys on a PC or on a server. Doing so is exactly how so many have lost their Bitcoins.

I think once more people understand how to safely store their Bitcoins, the less critics will have to say about Bitcoin as a currency. The Bank of Bitcoin will hopefully not only serve you, but serve to enlighten the media and the masses about how Bitcoin ownership should work and to assuage their fears. 
OnlyC

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:48:14 PM

Bitcoin is secure enough.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:50:00 PM

OpenYourEyes-

I hope to open your eyes in time!  Smiley

I wasn't expecting trust, but as a skeptic myself I know that is healthy. Keep checking in!

OnlyC- Only if you store your Private Key properly.
Inedible

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:01:22 PM

This screams "scam" to me, but hey I could be wrong.

Good to be sceptical but even better if you could provide some reasoning for why you think it's a scam.

Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:02:09 PM

We are just rolling this out, so excuse my lack of presence under this ID on this site. We have been members of this site for quite a while.

So what presence have you been using on this site? - would go a long way to proving your credibility.

K.
Inedible

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:04:40 PM

You'll soon see that Greyhawk is actually very kind

No insults dude pls  Angry

Apologies oh cranky-one :p

greyhawk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:09:51 PM

Cranky? You wouldn't like me if I'm cranky.  Cool
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: