Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:52:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What BitCoin Cash Solved?  (Read 851 times)
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 12:21:20 PM

So bitcoin cash has emerged, got decent support and it does look like that it might stay that way.
So here is my newbie question:
What bitcoin problems does bitcoinCash solves?
Is it slow confirmations, high fees or whatever else?

How is it different than bitcoin? And is it actually an improvement to the bitcoin?
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:24:02 PM

no it has no support yet. in fact there is no way to tell right now at the very least.

and it not only didn't solve anything but in fact it added a lot more problems. now you wait an see.

Buying the dip...
shamzblueworld (OP)

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 04:51:57 AM

How it it different than Bitcoin?
And why do you say it does not have any support? What does coinmarketcap says? Its number three there, don't it mean that people are actually claiming their bitcoin as bitcoin cash? How else it could be so high there?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:26:52 AM

it did not solve anything.
they only thing that bitcoin cash changed is the max block size and increased it to 8 MB. it does not make bitcoin faster. blocks are still being generated with the same interval (which is about 10 minutes on average) after the difficulty is adjusted. and this increase to 8 MB will cause a lot of problems in the long run and will eventually centralize bitcoin.
imagine a network where you can only connect to a couple of "mega servers" instead of a decentralized set of nodes around the world.
if you think mining is centralized to China, then wait until Nodes are also centralized to China and they reject your transaction because they don't like you Smiley

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Grrizz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:36:52 AM

How it it different than Bitcoin?
And why do you say it does not have any support? What does coinmarketcap says? Its number three there, don't it mean that people are actually claiming their bitcoin as bitcoin cash? How else it could be so high there?

Coinmarketcap is based on number of coins generated so it has nothing to do with claims and while exchanges have their deposits locked there is a ton of BCH in the side lines just waiting to be dumped which will drive the price right down. Untill the market is open to trade its value is undetermined.
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:50:33 AM

If segwit ends up having bugs, as some suspect it might, bitcoin cash is the logical replacement as every bitcoin older will own same number of coins. If that happened (segwit disaster) every bitcoin holder will support bitco7n cash, and with larger block size network scaling problem is taken care of.

Bitcoin cash is a segwit insurance policy.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 05:58:58 AM

If segwit ends up having bugs, as some suspect it might, bitcoin cash is the logical replacement as every bitcoin older will own same number of coins. If that happened (segwit disaster) every bitcoin holder will support bitco7n cash, and with larger block size network scaling problem is taken care of.

The normal bitcoin chain could still choose to implement the bitcoin cash solution on the main chain.

Imo it is nothing more than an alt with a nice value at this point.
allcryptos

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:06:28 AM

Since a lot people sold their BCC, I don't think they will consider BCC as a backup of BTC even when segwit ends up having bugs.
d3t0x

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:13:58 AM

its slower than the new segwitcoin. bcash is for satoshi lovers who want to follow his bible.
boomboom

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:24:46 AM

The normal bitcoin chain could still choose to implement the bitcoin cash solution on the main chain.

Imo it is nothing more than an alt with a nice value at this point.

Insurance policies usually don't need activating, but if the event you didn't insure against happens, you can't then insure yourself after the fact.

If the main chain adopts segwit, and it looks likely, and then segwit blows up, which is possible, then having bitcoin cash already up and running will save 'bitcoin'.

Of course, there is good chance it will not be needed, but I'm glad it exists!
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:30:01 AM

So bitcoin cash has emerged, got decent support and it does look like that it might stay that way.
So here is my newbie question:
What bitcoin problems does bitcoinCash solves?
Is it slow confirmations, high fees or whatever else?

How is it different than bitcoin? And is it actually an improvement to the bitcoin?

BCC or BCH solves only the backlog issue, just like Bitcoin with Segwit. It's still weak, slow, can't do instant transactions and tries to ride the Bitcoin name. It's a pyramid, Ponzi, whatever you want to call it but its only investor supported.

boomboom

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:31:16 AM

Since a lot people sold their BCC, I don't think they will consider BCC as a backup of BTC even when segwit ends up having bugs.

Yes, but those who sell their BCC made their choice, just like someone can cash in a life insurance policy for instant cash sometimes, and then forgo the insurance cover the policy entitled them to.

If segwit blows up BCC will take over, or at least there will be strong momentum from majority for it to do so.
BenR

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:34:35 AM

Interesting. Though many bitcoiners did sell their BCC, so even if segwit has problems they'd prefer to deal with the problems on their own - otherwise they lose their investments.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:37:17 AM

I don't think that there is something that bitcoin cash solved because for me, it was just a forced fork in bitcoin so they can have an another coin to get some profits and also to get some free money with it but in overall, there is no change in having bitcoin cash aside from upgraded block size.
boomboom

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:45:32 AM

Interesting. Though many bitcoiners did sell their BCC, so even if segwit has problems they'd prefer to deal with the problems on their own - otherwise they lose their investments.

Exchange deposits for BCC are still down, so most bitcoin holders have not sold yet afaik. If segwit has bugs the segwit chain is dead BECAUSE the BCC chain already exists, and why revive a dead bitcoin if a carbon copy distribution from 1st August is alive and well?

There will be only one bitcoin after this, either original bitcoin with segwit & BCC as an alt coin OR, BCC becomes bitcoin, and the old segwit buggy version dies.
Asimmo

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:52:28 AM

Just interested, why both of them have almost same circulating supply?
boomboom

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:05:19 AM

Just interested, why both of them have almost same circulating supply?

Imagine someone close to you was about to undergo a major surgical procedure like a transplant to extend their life. The transplant might save them, but the surgery might kill them. Imagine Dr Spock beams down from the future and offers to make an exact duplicate of your loved one before the transplant operation, and keeps them on another planet - if the operation kills your loved one, Dr Spock will beam down the duplicate, but if the operation is successful the duplicate lives a happy fulfilling life on planet alt coin.
Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:53:37 AM

I don't think that there is something that bitcoin cash solved because for me, it was just a forced fork in bitcoin so they can have an another coin to get some profits and also to get some free money with it but in overall, there is no change in having bitcoin cash aside from upgraded block size.

Yeah i agree with that i see only the same as an old bitcoin version we all want the cheaper transaction fee secure and faster transaction so i think that was good for new bitcoin than bitcoin cash only miners can benefits this coins because they can mine more coins for big size blocks.

noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:44:57 AM

yeah.it looks like ETH and ETC
you can see that the ETC always follow the ETH rise or down,
it just some guys wants to get more free money from the market!
Cootie

Activity: 292
Merit: 102

Bounty Detective

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:56:31 AM

Since bitcoin cash, also known as bcc or bch is still new to industry, its effect on the state of bitcoin is still indistinguishable. But later on as we familiarize with the bitcoin cash, we will notice if this new type of cryptocurrency has significant impact on bitcoin or nothing at all.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: