Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Portfolio App for Android & iOS - track your current value  (Read 971 times)
alex_tnx (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 01:25:37 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 08:38:00 AM by alex_tnx

Hello all!

In the past months i worked on a new Portfolio App for Android which fits my personal needs. I also looked into similar apps but they were all a little bit different than what i personally needed.

All of my cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin) are stored in different wallets locally on my computer or on trading platforms. It's a bit difficult to know my current value since you usually just see the quantity and not the current average market value.

The app basically does this for you. It shows you your value and what you've invested to buy (or mine them). You can add deposit, exchange and withdrawal transactions.

Let me explain it with an example: Lets say you bought 1 BTC for 2000€, exchanges 0.5 BTC to 10 ETH, then exchanges 1 ETH to 5 XMR
What you would see is:
0.5 BTC invested value = 1000€  (current value 1200€)
9.0 ETH invested value =  900€   (current value 1600€)
5.0 XMR invested value = 100€   (current value 180€)
and so on.

Almost all cryptocurrencies are supported!
There is also support for: EUR, USD, RUB, CHF, GBP, DKK, NOK, PLN, SEK & AUD (is there something missing for you?)

I released version 1.0 finally yesterday and i really hope that at least a few people find this app useful. It gives myself so much more value in tracking my Bitcoin and Altcoin prices/value since every single one is in a different wallet and so on. There are also no ads in this app because i really hate ads and they really don't add value at all. Please give me feedback so i can improve the app!

Play Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tnx.apps.coinportfolio
App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coin-portfolio-crypto-currency-portfolio-tracker/id1270694784

Feedback is always appreciated!

If you don't like it: Why? is there something missing for you or does my use case doesn't make sense for you?

Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/taeOZz3.jpg
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 09:12:49 AM

Sorry to said that, I have download the apps also uninstall it from my mobile phone.The apps design was pretty cool.but i cant found my necessary coin listed there!! I am looking for ETT,PPT,PLT etc but no one coin listed there,why?? I think this apps need more and more coin for added.
will download again if i see people giving good review about this coin.best of luck for this app.
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 11:55:38 AM

Hi Rrita,

thanks for your installation! These coins should be listed inside the app! I unfortunately forgot to implement a better search function for not only the name but also the symbol or coin ID. It's yet only possible to search for the name.

ETT is EncryptoTel
PPT is Populous
PLT is ? (i think this one is really not listed?)

if you type "enc" EncryptoTel will show up
Does that help you?

But thanks for your feedback! will implement a better search function in the next release!
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 12:17:49 PM

Super cool feature. This is finally a great app. I can track all my crypto investments under single app.
I can now synchronise my transactions from poloniex. Sync is very stable than even before. This app really does not miss a single currency, i like it but i request you to make it supported for kitkat version also.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀
      ▀████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄█▀▒▒█▒██▀▒████▀
      ▐█▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒▓▓▓▒▀▒▒▒▒▓██▓█▌
      ██▓█▌▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓████▓▒▒▒▓▓▒███▓█▌
      ▐█▓██▒▒▒▒███▀▒▒▒█▌▓▓▓██▀▒██▓█▌
       ██▒█▌▒▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▌▓██▀▒▒▒▒█▒██
        ██▒██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀▒▒▒▒▒▒██▒██
         ▀█▓▓██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄██▓▓█▀
           ▀██▒▀█████▄█████▀▓██▀
         ▄▄▓▓▓█████▄▄▓▄▄█████▓▓▄▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     ▓▀▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓        ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓               ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓               ▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▄▄         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓         ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀      ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          ▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▐▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▌

░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓²         ` ║▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓              ╢▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓Γ    ▓╥  ╓▓┐    ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓     ╙`   ╙     ▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓╥   ─,,  ,,─   ╓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓   `▓▓▓▀        ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▌            ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓       ,▄▄▓▓   ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▄,▄▄   ▐▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▀ '▀▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▀▓▀▀▀       ▄▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓             ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▀       ▄▄▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄▄   ▓▓▓▓▓▄,▄▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 12:29:45 PM

Super cool feature. This is finally a great app. I can track all my crypto investments under single app.
I can now synchronise my transactions from poloniex. Sync is very stable than even before. This app really does not miss a single currency, i like it but i request you to make it supported for kitkat version also.

Hey TheCoinFinder, many thanks! If there is anything else missing, just let me know!
Yep sorry about Kitkat Sad, i excluded Kitkat (4.4) and started from scratch with Lollipop (5.0) because there is (from the technical side) a huge difference and much that you don't need to take care of. But i will look into it and check what must be changed to make it work with Kitkat.

Best,
Alex

Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 08:15:18 AM

Hi Rrita,

thanks for your installation! These coins should be listed inside the app! I unfortunately forgot to implement a better search function for not only the name but also the symbol or coin ID. It's yet only possible to search for the name.

ETT is EncryptoTel
PPT is Populous

Does that help you?

But thanks for your feedback! will implement a better search function in the next release!
Thank you for your answer. I also have a mistake , its not PLT it will be PLR (Pillar). Will download the app after the next release.also try to add short name of coin like PPT,ETT,PLR,ETH it will help us to find the coin within short time.Will keep my eyes on this thread for latest update.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2017, 08:24:40 AM

Hi Rrita,

ETT is EncryptoTel
PPT is Populous

Does that help you?

Thank you for your answer. I also have a mistake , its not PLT it will be PLR (Pillar). Will download the app after the next release.also try to add short name of coin like PPT,ETT,PLR,ETH it will help us to find the coin within short time.Will keep my eyes on this thread for latest update.

Nice to see a portfolio app for cryptocoins. Like stock portfolio apps, it should let the user to manually add and eddit the purchase date and price.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:26:52 AM

Hey Rrita,

new update is out (v1.1.0)!
The improved search function now also searches for the symbol and not only for the names! Also added more icons.

* Also added russian translations and a share function.

Best,
Alex
BlockMaster

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:50:40 PM

Hey there,

i just downloaded your app. Looks quite nice. Used Blockfolio till now, but think that there is still potential in UX and wanted to try something new.

But plz tell me: Why are there values with . (dot) and others with , (comma)

This disturbes me as you don't use one of them constantly. Can you fix this with your next update?

Is any plan for an integration/import/export with one of the mayor cointrading platforms?

Cheers
error08

Activity: 1036
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:38:09 PM

All of my cryptocurrencies (including Bitcoin) are stored in different wallets locally on my computer or on trading platforms. It's a bit difficult to know my current value since you usually just see the quantity and not the current average market value.

So, basically this app help to track and recalculate how much profits or loss that we have? But what disturbing me, is it a trading app that connects to (only) Poloniex? I'm having trouble signing in. in that case, since I am not so active on Poloniex, how about people who want to connects this app with their Bittrex account or other exchanges?
I don't really know how this app works, I though ; ohh maybe I could just fill this app with how much coins that I have in my wallets and see how much the value. Well, I really want this feature without connects to trading app or whatever, just simply to track my coins current value.

Almost all cryptocurrencies are supported!
There is also support for: EUR, USD, RUB, CHF, GBP, DKK, NOK, PLN, SEK & AUD (is there something missing for you?)

Yes, I would like to see IDR from bitcoin.co.id API, if it is not troublesome for you. Thank you for your app.
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:39:40 AM

But plz tell me: Why are there values with . (dot) and others with , (comma)
This disturbes me as you don't use one of them constantly. Can you fix this with your next update?

Hey BlockMaster thanks for your feedback! You're completely right! it uses your language seperator (comma or dot) to show values but to type in you need to use the dot.
Will fix it in the next version!

More feedback is always appreciated!

Best,
Alex
Koloulinger

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:50:30 AM

good service, support all altcoin
only andoroid application , or ready apllication to pc/laptop

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
  Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network
GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )

WHITE PAPER  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:52:49 AM

Hi error08,

So, basically this app help to track and recalculate how much profits or loss that we have? But what disturbing me, is it a trading app that connects to (only) Poloniex?

Exactly, it helps you to track your transaction and calculates your profit/loss!
It has nothing to do with Poloniex. There is no direct connection between Poloniex and the Coin Portfolio App. The login itself is just optional if you don't want to loose your transaction or sync with different devices.

The idea is that the app is super lightweight and not bound to any trading platforms. You can add as many transactions as you want and just track the current value.
If you trade from a coin to another coin, use the exchange function which calculates and shift your invested value for this coin.

Lets say you trade 2 ETH to 26 NEO Coins on a platform you trust. Just add this transaction to your App and it will automatic calculate what you've spent for 2 ETH and transfers this value to NEO.

ohh maybe I could just fill this app with how much coins that I have in my wallets and see how much the value. Well, I really want this feature without connects to trading app or whatever, just simply to track my coins current value.
Thats is exactly what the app is Smiley
I also use it this way

Yes, I would like to see IDR from bitcoin.co.id API, if it is not troublesome for you. Thank you for your app.

Will include IDR in the next release! We're using a different platform to get the exchange rate to IDR but this will be the same for you!

Best,
Alex
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 08:05:52 AM

good service, support all altcoin
only andoroid application , or ready apllication to pc/laptop

Hey Koloulinger,

Android was the first app but we will soon launch the iOS App in the App Store and also launch a Webversion for Pc/Laptop.
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:02:44 PM

Nice project, i will download and install this app for android. But is it for ios user already available?

I believe this application is very useful to see our portfolio.
Thanks Dev
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:24:06 AM

Nice project, i will download and install this app for android. But is it for ios user already available?

I believe this application is very useful to see our portfolio.
Thanks Dev

Hey auliahr,

stay tuned, iOS is coming soon! The Website is also starting soon! Will notify this channel when the apps are available.

Best,
Alex
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:31:27 AM

Looking forward to your iOS version. Very nice app design. The total portfolio value, nominal and percentile values, the choice of currency... overall this is a beautiful creation. Information is presented in a rich, clear and clean way.

When do you plan to release the iOS app?

JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 02:53:16 PM

Just stumbled upon this thread. I read your introduction and the app that you developed really looks promising and will be very useful for cryptotraders of this forum. Haven't installed it yet but will do so in the future. Right now, I have an app (Blockfolio) installed in my android phone that has the same function as the one that you developed. I just want to check if you know about that app and what are the differences between that one and the one that you made?
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 08:59:35 AM

Just stumbled upon this thread. I read your introduction and the app that you developed really looks promising and will be very useful for cryptotraders of this forum. Haven't installed it yet but will do so in the future. Right now, I have an app (Blockfolio) installed in my android phone that has the same function as the one that you developed. I just want to check if you know about that app and what are the differences between that one and the one that you made?

Hi JanpriX,
thanks for your feedback! I also used Blockfolio before and that was also the reason why i developed my own app. All transactions are stored in pairs and, in my case, not the right pair was accessible for my altcoins. You also need to choose a trading platform which makes it way to complicated in my opinion. Plus the whole calculation of my remaining coins & profit are missing completely.
Maybe i did not understand Blockfolio completely but at this point i decided to do my own app.

Coin Portfolio is a really lightweight app not bound to a trading platform and currency independent where you can change the currency like EUR/USD/CHF really easy and add Exchange Transaction between Cryptocurrency.

I don't say that Blockfolio is a bad app, it's just not the right app for my personal needs.

Would love to hear your feedback after you used it the first time!
alex_tnx (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 09:06:29 AM

Hey error08,

please update to the newest version. IDR is now supported!

Update Notes:
Update 1.2.0
* Improved "Add transaction" screen and error handling(comma separators and minus values)
* Added INR, IDR currency
* Removed "Manage Transaction" screen. Please long press on a coin to remove it from the list.
* Such wow design. Tweaked the layout a little bit.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: