Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:51:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] WARNING - Dont use BitInstant. - Given the run-around  (Read 1647 times)
rwheeler (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:21:35 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 02:45:55 PM by rwheeler

*edited*
Summary:
I had an issue with my bitinstant order.
I contacted bitinstant support which did not fix the issue.
After 21 days I complained on this forum and got my issue resolved.
So my advice is to get issues resolved via the forum.
Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:24:15 PM

I don't like BinInstant either. I have had bad experiences with them.  My money eventually got there but took over a day and wasn't sure if it was lost for good or not. 
acceptance2

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 01:00:46 PM

I've only ever had the need to use them once and it was for a cash out - but they were very responsive to my e-mails- customer service was excellent - and it was very fast.

Charlie personally handled my inquiry.

Unfortunately, your situation wasn't like mine. I hope you get it resolved soon, as I'm sure BitInstant does also.
Guardian of Forever

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:05:34 PM

I also have issues with them. Their cash deposits require Government ID information, what's anonymous about that? So you might as well deal directly with the exchanges without the fees. And every transaction I have placed with them took more than a day to work its way through their system, no replies to inquires to check status. I might use them as a last resort.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:10:12 PM

I write this post as a warning for anyone who may be thinking about using Bitinstant's services.
I am currently at a loss of $812.61 due to bitinstant. They have received my funds and now do not carry through with the order. I continue to get the run-around from support.
Their service is unprofessional and not instant. I have been waiting 21 days now with the issue unresolved.
I do not recommend them you use bitinstant - try aurumxchange instead (i do not work for them Tongue)

Here are the details.
25th April
I create an order for $812.61, from Bitstamp coupon to Vouchx coupon (delivered to email). [https://www.bitinstant.com/order_status/957a54e6-2f56-4cf2-815c-382504a93c19]
I pay the order with a bitstamp code. [Thu Apr 25 13:38:54 2013   803c1d00-f7aa-4be9-a078-aea138eb54b4   Order executed - funds deposited at remote exchange]
There is a failure on the bitinstant side. [Thu Apr 25 13:38:54 2013   d35aaceb-22f2-43ad-bd64-5f48e8bbb171   Serious error occurred]
The order retries but fails again.
I contact Bitinstant support through the online web ticket system hoping to resolve the order.

27th April
I get an email from bitinstant rep Seth, who replies that I need to resend the bitstamp funds. ["This Bitstamp coupon seems to have failed. You might consider creating a new order with a new coupon."]
I double check that the bitstamp coupon has indeed been redeemed - it has - I can no longer redeem it myself.
I double check with Bitstamp exchange whether the coupon has been redeemed - it has. Bitstamp was very helpful.
I conclude that bitinstant indeed does have my funds and have their system has redeemed the $812.61 bitstamp code. Bitinstant has my funds.
I write back to Seth, and show proof that bitinstant has the funds.

29th April
Seth passes the issue onto Charlie and sends me an copy of the email doing so.
I email Charlie with the details so far.

1st May
I am checking daily the status and notice that a bitinstant rep has added to the order that a manual transfer has occured [Wed May 1 22:03:20 2013   614d9c13-5f09-41bf-8580-0ae6ed1378f9   Manual transfer created]
I think that a manual transfer means the vouchx coupon code will be delievered to my email address, as detailed in my order. I do not receive one.

Next few days
Nothing happens and no replies from bitinstant.
I email bitinstant and get no reply.

7th May
I come to bitcointalk.org to see if i can get my order issue resolved. I post in the bitinstant support forum [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2057964#msg2057964]

8th May
Bitinstant rep Ursay responds asking for my email. I provide it. Ursay confirms my issue is in the queue to be resolved.

13th May
The issue is still not solved. So I write again on the forum about the issue [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2128898#msg2128898]

14th May
I read in the forum about another member baggage who is getting the run-around from bitinstant. Their order has been unresolved for 30 days. The amount was $900 [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2135487#msg2135487] The member baggage accuses bitinstant of giving them the run-around, being totally unprofessional and being Bit-UN-instant.
Bitinstant rep Gareth says that baggages issue is resolved [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2141553#msg2141553] However I am yet to see baggage themselves confirm so.

15th May
I write again to bitinstant rep Ursay. Bitinstant reps Ursay and Gareth say that the order has completed and the manual transfer succedded. They also write to baggage saying to check a spam folder for a coupon code. So it doesnt sound to me that baggage's issue has been fully resolved yet. [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2153980#msg2153980]
I write back to bitinstant on the forum. I have not received a vouchx coupon and need proof that bitinstant did indeed send it to me. It should be as easy for them to just resend the email and coupon code to my email. [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128314.msg2154763#msg2154763]

Now
I write this post and post about it in the bitinstant help forum.

I believe I am being given a constant run around from Bitinstant and their "support team". The believe their aim is to give me the run-around in the hopes that I give up and then Bitinstant will keep my funds.

should my issue be resolved I will update and confirm

If anyone can offer help to recover my funds, including legal assistance, I am interested and thankful.

regards

I had responded to you about this issue just last night.

Baggage was taken care of.  I'm not sure why your worried about his order but it was resolved.  Generally when someone's issue is resolved they have no reason to come back here and post.

It appears your order was sent to rory.wheeler@gmail.com on 5/1.  Have you checked your spam folder?

I will personally look into your issue today.  I'm sorry for any delay and I hope we can resolve this shortly.
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:12:39 PM

I also have issues with them. Their cash deposits require Government ID information, what's anonymous about that? So you might as well deal directly with the exchanges without the fees. And every transaction I have placed with them took more than a day to work its way through their system, no replies to inquires to check status. I might use them as a last resort.

If you are not using bitinstant.com/contact for support then you may not receive an answer or resolution.  bitinstant.com/contact adds you directly to our support queue where multiple cs reps look into your issue.  Most order that have issues are resolved very quickly once we know about the issue.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:13:43 PM

I resent the OP's coupon code just a few minutes ago (before even seeing this thread too).

The order originally executed on may 1st, but emails can sometimes get lost in spam filters which is why we always advise checking the spam folder.
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:15:06 PM

I never had to put down gov't ID information when i used them. I just went to wal-mart money center and filled out the form and gave them the cash and they sent it.  Sure the moneygram form you use has your name and address but you could make all that up. They never asked to see my ID once.

So that is the only upside I see how it is way to be anonymous but I still don't trust them and they are too slow.
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:16:45 PM

I never had to put down gov't ID information when i used them. I just went to wal-mart money center and filled out the form and gave them the cash and they sent it.  Sure the moneygram form you use has your name and address but you could make all that up. They never asked to see my ID once.

So that is the only upside I see how it is way to be anonymous but I still don't trust them and they are too slow.

If you don't mind me asking, when were your orders? We had a lot of delays last month due to technical issues which have since been fixed, so I encourage anyone who had problems then to give us another try.
rwheeler (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:20:52 PM

I confirm a personal message from Gareth at Bitinstant with a vouchx code. I have redeemed the voucher.
Thankyou Gareth. My issue is now resolved.

In regards to an email and spam folder. I do not believe the email was ever sent. I have never had an bitinstant email inthe past go to spam.
Either way, I am happy this ongoing issue is now closed. Lesson's learnt on both sides no doubt.

Regards
Guardian of Forever

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:40:54 PM

Yes, once I start having problems, i use the online reporting Bitinstant instituted to start a ticket, then I look at the social media to see if there is a larger issue. In my case the was a MtGox issue going on, and then there was a DDOS against Bitinstant in the other case. I won't flood customer service with messages, If you don't answer I figure you are too busy correcting the problems. I am usually willing to give you a reasonable amount of time to get transaction through, a day or two, more over the weekends. I can unequvably say Bitinstant has never failed to complete a transaction I have made with them.

But the change from a direct bank deposit, where we could go to a local bank, and deposit cash, with no questions was a great deal. ZipZap's asking for name and address is a big deal to me for privacy. Giving false name and address might become an issue, yes I have never been asked to show my ID. That not the issue, I don't have to show ID, or give name and address when I go to the bank and exchange from one form of currency to another. This is of course because I change such a small amount, but that being said I liked the bank teller option and would use bitinstant more often if that were to come back.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:12:31 PM

I just recently used them for my first time and had no problems with them. I received my bitcoin about 10 to 15 minutes after placing the order at CVS through money gram. I hope I can keep maintaining this good service. BTW will BitInstant ever add and alt-coin to their services? (LTC to be specific)
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 02:41:33 PM

Hey thanks for the positive feedback guys.

Most orders process successfully but there is usually no reason for those users to go on record about a successful order.

If you ever have problems we are here to help and I think you will find that we respond fairly quickly.

bitinstant.com/contact
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: