Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:04:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Monero, Dash and all anon coins fucked?  (Read 8091 times)
cryptodollar

Activity: 63
Merit: 42

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:55:39 PM

Re: Is Monero, Dash and all anon coins fucked?
No, the USD is.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:42:05 PM

Kovri is almost here. Hide IP program that will be part of Monero.

He wrote that low-latency onion routing such as Tor and I2P are honeypots.
Why is Monero adding another alleged honeypot technology to their existing alleged honeypot technology?
Whose “expertise” can we trust on any of this?

I have no ideas. I think to hide your IP automatically not that you need some special IP changing provider. It is still in alpha so I guess only some knows how will work. and if it will not work will be abandoned. 
But you have plenty Verge guys here and on this forum and on Twitter, they offers you bitcoin with an already working IP changer. So you should ask them what is the point to offer a transparent block chain with a honeypot.   Lets hope the will give you a satisfying answer.
theheolyn

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:27:13 PM

This site shows the linkability of Monero:

https://monerolink.com/

Note the above is without the additional vulnerabilities which @AnonyMint detailed. Thus even 10 ring sigs mixes may be still insufficient.

More details:

https://steemit.com/shadowbrokers/@zooko/re-synapse-re-crazyflashpie-re-synapse-re-demotruk-re-synapse-re-theshadowbrokers-theshadowbrokers-monthly-dump-service-june-2017-update-20170606t153120581z

P.S. Zooko-Wilcox the CEO and lead dev of Zcash commented on AnonyMint’s blog.
Ruggito

Activity: 283
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:54:14 PM

Note the above is without the additional vulnerabilities which @AnonyMint detailed. Thus even 10 ring sigs mixes may be still insufficient.

More details:

https://steemit.com/shadowbrokers/@zooko/re-synapse-re-crazyflashpie-re-synapse-re-demotruk-re-synapse-re-theshadowbrokers-theshadowbrokers-monthly-dump-service-june-2017-update-20170606t153120581z

Thanks a lot for posting this! I didn't know that, if it's true it can undermine a lot of monero's potential.. Let's see how it will end

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DeepVault
Blockchain File Signatures
deeponion.org
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:00:36 PM

More details:

Pure nonsense. Monerolink only applies to very old transactions that intentionally turned off privacy by setting mixin to zero.

Anonymint is a well known Monero hater. His mathematics knowledge is a joke; just enough to be able to waste the time of Monero's PhD cryptographers. He's been coming up with imaginary vulnerabilities since 2014. They require ridiculous conditions which exist only in his head. For his vulnerabilities to work, an attacker would have to own over 80% of all outputs on the blockchain, and also continue to generate new transactions to maintain that. In other words, they might work if you created your own testnet, but never on Monero's blockchain.

Meanwhile, it's almost certain that Zcash has a deanonymization backdoor, as hinted at by Zooko and Matthew Green. So Zcash is almost certainly a honeypot, with even less privacy than Bitcoin. It's not surprising that they would put out fake news on Monero, as their inferior system can't compete without deception and tricks.

theheolyn

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:13:02 PM

Monerolink only applies to very old transactions that intentionally turned off privacy by setting mixin to zero.

Liar. Readers click the monerolink and you can see for yourselves.

The "vulnerabilities" that blowhard detailed exist only in his head. For his vulnerabilities to work, an attacker would have to own over 80% of all outputs on the blockchain

Liar. That has already been refuted in the comment section where the MNL-001 research report was discussed and refuted by him.

Lying will not help you.

His mathematics knowledge is a joke; just enough to be able to waste the time of Monero's PhD cryptographers.

The Monero snobbishness knows no bounds. Even @fluffypony does not trust @Shen_noether and censored his own PhD mathematician in Github.
sui_generis

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:19:10 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 09:37:36 PM by sui_generis

Monerolink only applies to very old transactions that intentionally turned off privacy by setting mixin to zero.

Liar. Readers click the monerolink and you can see for yourselves.

The "vulnerabilities" that blowhard detailed exist only in his head. For his vulnerabilities to work, an attacker would have to own over 80% of all outputs on the blockchain

Liar. That has already been refuted in the comment section where the MNL-001 research report was discussed and refuted by him.

Lying will not help you.

I'm a liar? Ok, I have great news for you then. Why not use your fake news Monerolink tool to win the bounty in this challenge: www.monerotrackingchallenge.com/
Please claim the prize.

It seems you're the only liar here. Most likely a shill hired by Zooko to promote his honeypot coin.

As to your comment about snobbishness, sorry, but the guy has no credentials, little or no relevant work in the field of cryptography, zero published papers, where's his credibility? Then he has the audacity to make grandiose claims on subjects which he does not fully comprehend. Thanks, but I'll take the word of the PhDs over some internet rando.

P.S. If you need confirmation of that guy's separation from reality, read about the latest imaginary attack he came up with. Apparently, he thinks that miners would nuke the value of their own hardware to steal coins from Segwit transactions. Coins which would immediately drop in value to zero. So is the attack theoretically possible? Yeah, on a testnet you can simulate it. But in the real world, the one that has rational actors and economic incentives, the attack will never transpire.
Tolrem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:20:14 PM

Shitpost. Although the article does make valid points I'm surprised it was censored on reddit if that is true.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
theheolyn

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:34:02 PM

I'm a liar? Ok, I have great news for you then. Why not use your fake news Monerolink tool to win the bounty in this challenge: www.monerotrackingchallenge.com/
Please claim the prize.

The vulnerabilities that @AnonyMint detailed requires a powerful adversary that is invested in mining.

Also he has called out Monero to do rigorous math on what level of mixins would be required to counter those vulnerabilities. Zooko-Wilcox has now concurred that he would like to see that work done.

So thus you guys go mix the hell out of 23 Easter eggs (perhaps you mixed them 1000 UTXO or more) and then claim that as refutation of anything, just goes to show what devious liars you are.

The monerolink (by Andrew Miller, a highly respected cryptographer) clearly shows that those who trusted Monero’s lies back in 2015 and 2016 are likely fucked. And now you pile on more lies.

Then he has the audacity to make grandiose claims on subjects which he does not fully comprehend.

You do not comprehend the subject matter, that is why you mistakenly think he does not comprehend.

Send your experts to debate him. He has been waiting. He refuted @smooth, @ArticMine, etc on Reddit.
sui_generis

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:46:59 PM

I don't think Monero ever claimed to have a perfect system. I would be extremely skeptical of anyone who claims they do. At the end of the day, it's probably impossible to be totally private from a highly motivated adversary who has significant (state level) resources.

Anyone who has half a brain knows that all cryptocurrencies are highly experimental, and thus prone to failure. If anyone was lied to in 2015 or 2016, it was self delusion. I don't recall Fluffypony, Smooth, Arcticmine or any other high level Monero contributor ever making unrealistic guarantees. If anything, Monero is one of the best cryptocurrencies in regard to maintaining realistic expectations.
ludbega

Activity: 840
Merit: 659

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 09:53:20 PM

All dead soon, with lightning et segwit... welcome to MimbleNimble, and welcome to bitcoin to 10K ( look at  Grin )

It's sad but it's like that, all thes laboratories will disappear. Only one true king on the throne.

Un tiens vaut mieux que 2 tu l'auras
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:55:03 PM

One article on Steemit and all alts are worthless? Few days ago i've withdrawn btc,thay have been confirmed after 4 houres than used dash,thay were in my accounts afer 5 min.If Seawitt will b not succesfoul yu will see how btc is fucked

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sui_generis

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 09:57:57 PM

All dead soon, with lightning et segwit... welcome to MimbleNimble, and welcome to bitcoin to 10K ( look at  Grin )

Optional anonymity generally means your anonymity set is abysmal. There are some ZK type solutions for this, but those have other tradeoffs. You do realize that MimbleWimble provides more benefit to Monero than it does to Bitcoin right? Bitcoin will have a transparent base layer, with second layer privacy, while Monero will have a private base layer, and the exact same second layer privacy. So Monero will have its place.

Bitcoin will go to 10k, but you're delusional if you think altcoins are going away. Even in the case where altcoins offered absolutely no meaningful advantage over Bitcoin, there would still be altcoins, just because people like to gamble.
theheolyn

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:17:50 PM

One article on Steemit and all alts are worthless?

That Steemit article is not likely the cause of alts being down. Rather it is Bitcoin’s vertical move up that sucked money out of altcoins—perhaps temporarily.

I see you continue editing your posts:

P.S. If you need confirmation of that guy's separation from reality, read about the latest imaginary attack he came up with. Apparently, he thinks that miners would nuke the value of their own hardware to steal coins from Segwit transactions.

You’re a simpleton thinker who doesn’t understand relativity and the Economics 101 concept of that supply meets demand at the marginal cost producer. Also you fail to understand who controls the only two ASIC fabs i in the world and what their objective is (not profit, but absolute power).
bahandhi0508

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:27:55 PM

One article on Steemit and all alts are worthless? Few days ago i've withdrawn btc,thay have been confirmed after 4 houres than used dash,thay were in my accounts afer 5 min.If Seawitt will b not succesfoul yu will see how btc is fucked

For me I wouldn't that ways either because everything was now turned back to normal situations. Alts has a great help for many who participated om different campaigns as well and yet monero,  dash or whatsoever I thinks it's so promising in the future.
sui_generis

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:38:05 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 10:48:50 PM by sui_generis

You’re a simpleton thinker who doesn’t understand relativity and the Economics 101 concept of that supply meets demand at the marginal cost producer. Also you fail to understand who controls the only two ASIC fabs i in the world and what their objective is (not profit, but absolute power).
So they would throw away their money, destroy Bitcoin, and by doing so empower alternatives that don't use POW? The Chinese have better ways to control Bitcoin than destroying any confidence that people have in it.
theheolyn

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:47:11 PM

So they would throw away their money, destroy Bitcoin, and by doing so empower alternatives that don't use POW?

Can’t you read the link I provided to you?

Quote from: AnonyMint
…so let’s safely presume the miners are offloading their mined tokens as soon as the 600 block (~100 hours) holdback period is completed…

It was always assumed that miners had no incentive to destroy Bitcoin because of their hardware investment, but this doesn’t factor in that cratering the price mostly impacts only the marginal miners, because the network difficulty and hashrate adjusts down to the new lower price level. Those who have the control over the only two 14nm fabs in the world, thus remain profitable even with a cratered price. Add the conspiracy theory on top of that, which is TPTB which control those ASIC fabs have absolute power/control as their primary objective, not profit.

Don’t you see Bitmain creating alternatives such as Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and NEO? Jihan has all his balls in play to capture all the outflow and using relativity to extract our money from us.
sui_generis

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 10:56:38 PM

Don’t you see Bitmain creating alternatives such as Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, and NEO? Jihan has all his balls in play to capture all the outflow and using relativity to extract our money from us.

Interesting that you exclude Ethereum, which would likely be the primary recipient of outflow in the event of such an attack. Currently POW, but with all the adderall that Vitalik is chugging, he's bound to jury rig something at least mostly functional. The point is, if the headlines read "Bitmain steals Segwit coins!" rational people are not going to move into another Chinese coin.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:33:34 AM

Hard to not see Monero having a place at the table when the dust has settled. It will be the derided as the sketchy/black-market coin, but that kind of thing will never go away

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
AuroraDao

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 01:50:22 AM

Well written article. Monero has staying power, and even the author states it will likely be medium-term before Monero runs into issues. IMO, medium term isn't something to worry too much about

▰       IDEX       ▰       Ethereum’s First High-Performance Decentralized Exchange
▨ ▬▬▬▬▬   State Channel Speed with On-Chain Settlement   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▨
JOIN THE TOKEN SALE   ▨   START TRADING INSTANTLY   ▨   BOUNTY   ▨   TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: