Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:59:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Monero, Dash and all anon coins fucked?  (Read 8091 times)
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:12:20 PM

I'd love to know Shelby's take on Mimblewimble.

http://mimblewimble.cash/

“God does not play dice"
adChain

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 06:19:56 PM

I hardly think so, as long as there is a need for conducting financial transactions anonymously there will be a need for anon coins.
jerkoin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 12:23:31 AM

In fact, almost every token will see now would be drowning in hurricane harvey by the end of the year 2018 Cheesy
altseeker

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 01:28:49 AM

In fact, almost every token will see now would be drowning in hurricane harvey by the end of the year 2018 Cheesy

You're wrong! anonymous coins will stay and will continue dominating the market, privacy plays a very important role in the crypto ecosystem.
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 04:47:29 PM

You're wrong! anonymous coins will stay and will continue dominating the market, privacy plays a very important role in the crypto ecosystem.
Correct, privacy and ease-of-use are THE most important features going forward imo.
stupid_seb

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:51:39 PM

Correct, privacy and ease-of-use are THE most important features going forward imo.

Interesting.
Ease of use: Obviously

But don't you think that privacy may be a hindrance for mass adoption ? (On the client side, and vendor side)
I struggle to see how vendors like Overstock or Ebay would accept such anon coins.

Please can you develop your theory? Much appreciated. Thanks
gunhell16

Activity: 1708
Merit: 491

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:59:14 PM

MINERO MIINERO IS SUCH A GOOD COIN ... i invested all of my BTC to hinm.... i believe on him so much ...
how i did said that ? ive been on the trading industry and i watched that minero ting it is fck as good and climb the tree so goo ..
i am gathering money now because of this MINERO THING

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:20:57 PM

"Minero"? New currency?

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
bitmixer2

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 07:24:07 PM

That is not the question. The question was if Monero, Dash and other anonCoins are REALLY safe.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:28:57 PM

Interesting.

But don't you think that privacy may be a hindrance for mass adoption ? (On the client side, and vendor side)
I struggle to see how vendors like Overstock or Ebay would accept such anon coins.

Hi! In my opinion, privacy is important because there will ALWAYS be some little miscreants online who NEED to do anon transactions. Therefore, the demand is there, permanently. And don't forget they are prepared to "pay through the nose" for it (privacy, that is). All questions of legality aside, their demands will be met by suppliers (legally, or illegally). In fact things, that are "illegal", "forbidden" and "risky/exotic" usually get MORE expensive when they are driven underground. I guess my point is that you don't always need "mass adoption" to achieve a very high price per coin. Cheers, V.
Argon2

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:29:38 PM

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/is-monero-s-or-all-anonymity-broken

Anonymint, aka iamnotback has released this article on steemit. Im reading it right now myself but I want to share it here and hopefully get some coding wizards to review it.

Apparently it has caused him to be censored in the Monero reddit when he linked it, so this shows this must be pretty good.
The only anonymous cryptocurrencies are those that deploy Zero Knowledge Proofs. Zcash, ZCoin and Bitcoin (will have zkSnarks next year). Monero uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity and is in no way anonymous.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 07:33:52 PM

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/is-monero-s-or-all-anonymity-broken

Anonymint, aka iamnotback has released this article on steemit. Im reading it right now myself but I want to share it here and hopefully get some coding wizards to review it.

Apparently it has caused him to be censored in the Monero reddit when he linked it, so this shows this must be pretty good.
The only anonymous cryptocurrencies are those that deploy Zero Knowledge Proofs. Zcash, ZCoin and Bitcoin (will have zkSnarks next year). Monero uses https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity and is in no way anonymous.
Correct, but in Zcash the total supply is not auditable, and "Zooko" and "Green" have decreed that they will endorse the creation of backdoors in Zerocash to "trace criminals". But who decides who is a criminal in a supposedly anonymous network?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:00:54 AM

Correct, but in Zcash the total supply is not auditable, and "Zooko" and "Green" have decreed that they will endorse the creation of backdoors in Zerocash to "trace criminals".

Wasn't the backdoor already added? Or that blackmarket taken down by FBI right after they added ZEC was a coincidence?  Cheesy
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:15:45 PM

Correct, but in Zcash the total supply is not auditable, and "Zooko" and "Green" have decreed that they will endorse the creation of backdoors in Zerocash to "trace criminals".

Wasn't the backdoor already added? Or that blackmarket taken down by FBI right after they added ZEC was a coincidence?  Cheesy
Ikr, it's a complete joke..
stupid_seb

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:53:30 PM

Interesting.

Hi! In my opinion, privacy is important because there will ALWAYS be some little miscreants online who NEED to do anon transactions. Therefore, the demand is there, permanently. And don't forget they are prepared to "pay through the nose" for it (privacy, that is). All questions of legality aside, their demands will be met by suppliers (legally, or illegally). In fact things, that are "illegal", "forbidden" and "risky/exotic" usually get MORE expensive when they are driven underground. I guess my point is that you don't always need "mass adoption" to achieve a very high price per coin. Cheers, V.

Thanks a lot. It makes sense.

Cheers.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:04:45 PM

Interesting.

Cheers.
No problem, perhaps you would like to view these things?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4zOvMMqnBM_DLrtA4_XwGA/videos
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:14:40 PM

monero is a very good coin for a long time. nothing is messed up with monero.
monero has given me several times profit in my trade. and until now the monero is running well.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:07:25 PM

monero is a very good coin for a long time. nothing is messed up with monero.
monero has given me several times profit in my trade. and until now the monero is running well.
"A very good coin" = "Something that made me money." Hmmm...does anybody actually think like that!?
stupid_seb

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:31:17 PM

Interesting.

Cheers.

I actually did buy XZC when it was at 0.0022 days ago.
Technology looks promising, and its price is 10x below its direct competitors.
The TA was good and 0.0022 was a great price on the chats (still is)

I wanted to make sure I was re-putting money in a vertical that makes sense: privacy (i got burnt on XVG a while ago...). I feel more convinced now.

Thanks
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:38:58 PM

Interesting.

Cheers.

I actually did buy XZC when it was at 0.0022 days ago.
Technology looks promising, and its price is 10x below its direct competitors.
The TA was good and 0.0022 was a great price on the chats (still is)

I wanted to make sure I was re-putting money in a vertical that makes sense: privacy (i got burnt on XVG a while ago...). I feel more convinced now.

Thanks
Good choice! I can see you've got your "head screwed on".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: