Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Monero, Dash and all anon coins fucked?  (Read 8091 times)
Hyperme.sh

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

There's currently a huge bounty available to anyone who's able to "break" Monero.

It remains unclaimed.

That is the answer to your question.

No it is not the answer. This line of argument was rebuked in the follow-up comments and discussions at or linked from the blog. (In short, the vulnerability requires an adversary with far more resources than any of us individuals commenting here have at our disposal)

Vcash also had a bounty for anyone that could break it, but that was not representative of the fact that it was dogshit.

How tired do I get of every one of 1000s of n00bs come in this thread and make some statement that is nonsense and had already been refuted many times. Does that mean it is my job to repeat myself 1000s of times to prevent you from spreading misinformation. I am actually not paid to do so.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joshki

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:25:06 AM

Why fucked? That was a hasty generalization that is purely based on fears that have no basis whatsoever. This can be placed in the category of FUDs. Monero and Dash are still leading in the world of anonymous coins, as well as ZEC. These 3 coins are the top when it comes to hiding your identity. Deeponion is introducing itself to be like them but I have doubts.
Deeponion is a scam.  It's just a copy of another tor clone coin.
rafter_01

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:29:30 AM

XVG is the one. I believe this anon coin will eventually out do the others and is very cheap at the moment.
joshki

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:31:37 AM

XVG is the one. I believe this anon coin will eventually out do the others and is very cheap at the moment.
I like verge, but it has too large a supply and not enough development going on. 

If they start delivering on their roadmap, maybe. 
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:36:50 AM

So you think simply because somebody wrote an article about new anon coin and the fact that such article was ban shows that the said anon is replacing monero? You are funny dude. Years of development can not be replace by article or hype of new anon coin.

panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:40:36 AM

So you think simply because somebody wrote an article about new anon coin and the fact that such article was ban shows that the said anon is replacing monero? You are funny dude. Years of development can not be replace by article or hype of new anon coin.

Years of development doesn't mean that it is perfect. For an example, all you need to see is the new forum software. Cheesy
On a serious note, anonymous coins have a niche space. I don't think they will outgrow that.
InvisibilityFP

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:46:34 AM

what do means coin fuck??
stop say something if u dont know about that..
if that fuck coins we already forgot about that

▬▬ • • •  DOCTailor  ✂  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Bounty  Whitepaper  ▬▬  Slack  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Linkedin   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th   ▐▐
JimiPorter

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:11:37 AM

Can you guys commemnt on Cloakcoin?.. it is relatively cheap compared to the circulating supply, but I don´t know if it is, so to speak, a quality annonimous coin.
rafter_01

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 08:18:57 AM

Can you guys commemnt on Cloakcoin?.. it is relatively cheap compared to the circulating supply, but I don´t know if it is, so to speak, a quality annonimous coin.

It may be cheap in terms of future gains but still not easy to buy at its current price for beginners who have a small budget. So probably better to be looking something like XVG which is cheap and has good potential.
Rinaze

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:20:55 AM

There will always be need for Anonymous coins and the demand is still huge, you can see after the Aphamarket was taken down the darknet was renergize because some people are now looking to take Alphanet market share. As long as people still trade guns and drugs there will always be need for these coins
That's absolutely true. Gambling, shady deals, black money laundering, etc will always exist and has existed since stone age(?). That might also be (pure speculations) why Monero jumped slightly more than two folds earlier on this year.

Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:47:46 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 05:58:04 PM by Hyperme.sh

Anonymity as a privacy right, where the payee knows the identity for payer, might however remain viable and allowed (because the payee can still report the paper trail to the authorities). Without privacy, businesses can not even use cryptocurrency because it means their competitors could track their activity. There are many other reasons that privacy is important and needed by society. Thus anonymity technologies remain important.

Something fishy smell about what is going with EOS:

That Block.one CEO dude is nodding his head affirmatively when another person says the blockchain must track all our identities and by implication we should not have any privacy any more! Even if they refer to pseudonymous identity, it should still be optional in many cases.
3DBrushes

Activity: 617
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:57:36 PM

Is dash really an anonymous coin? I know we have option to select for transaction but I saw many threads here in this forum and reddit claiming that dash isn't as private as it is. I don't know it's real or not but the dash is moreover a centralised Premined coin. So that fact may be true.
But I think Monero is the only true privacy coin because of its ring signature features.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:05:25 PM

According to Palm Beach Confidential... ZenCash (ZEN) is the anon coin to watch.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:41:26 AM

Is dash really an anonymous coin? I know we have option to select for transaction but I saw many threads here in this forum and reddit claiming that dash isn't as private as it is. I don't know it's real or not but the dash is moreover a centralised Premined coin. So that fact may be true.
But I think Monero is the only true privacy coin because of its ring signature features.

The Monero developers have been quite aggressive in trying out cryptographic technology. That has led to a rollercoaster ride so far. It is one of the best anonymous coins, but the question is how far can anonymous coins go?
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:43:00 AM

The Monero developers have been quite aggressive in trying out cryptographic technology. That has led to a rollercoaster ride so far. It is one of the best anonymous coins, but the question is how far can anonymous coins go?

I think as soon as Verge has implemented Wraith Protocol, it will take over and become the best anon coin. Smiley

Passion.
Hyperme.sh

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:57:12 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2017, 06:11:24 PM by Hyperme.sh

I think as soon as Verge has implemented Wraith Protocol, it will take over and become the best anon coin. Smiley

Anonymity will be incorporated into a major decentralized ledger.

There will only be a few altcoins remaining at the end game which aggregate all the features of the others.

The winner will have massive adoption and all the rest will fall away.

We are still in the Dot.com speculative, wild west proliferation phase right now. When that busts, then we will have a shitcoin cleanout phase and only the strong altcoins with real adoption will survive.

Onion routing is not reliably anonymous. Last time I checked, Verge was based on onion routing. Study the threat vectors. In fact the only technology that seems to have the potential to be reliably anonymous is the family of technologies being developed for Zcash. I say that as an expert and as the author of the blog linked to from the OP of this thread.

The rest of the obfuscated copycoin shit is going to eventually fall away, although in the meantime their shills can fool some of the technologically ignorant speculators for the time being.

Monero is the most widely used anonymity technology blockchain and that is very unlikely to change in the near-term (Zcash’s technology is too slow and needs improved use case marketing & engineering). Anyone using Dash for anonymity is ignorant about anonymity technology.

My blog was not intended to say that Monero is going to collapse. It was to point out an inherent flaw as compared to Zcash’s technology and to talk about what that means for the future in terms of which sort of anonymity technology we are likely to have at the end game.

One thing I learned from his reaction and his banning and censorship, is that @fluffypony is not the sort of person I would ever work with or hire on my team. He should have embraced my efforts and also embraced my refutations about his mistakes in the analysis of ASIC resistant proof-of-work. Instead he bans me from Github and write lies on Twitter.

This sort of petty partisanship is why I think Monero is not a professional outfit and why I do not think they can succeed in a large-scale way.

To succeed at the large scale requires humility, objectivity, and openness.

Their feeling is that I sensationalized my blog in order to draw attention to my expertise. They probably feel I am doing marketing at their expense. Nevertheless I put a lot of effort into that blog, research, etc.. and yes I do want to be appropriately recognized for my efforts. And we all know that Monerotards enjoyed trolling my reputation and insulting me. The problem always was that Monero tried to claim they had the only and best open source superstar team. They opted to act snobbishly. They were trying to position themselves as being the only significantly talented dev group other than Core. They were aiming to be taken seriously as the challenger to Bitcoin. But the facts did not match the size of their enlarged egos. We should have instead opted for a win-win, instead of a win-lose paradigm/attitude:

Ian Grigg provides another perspective on the distinction between permissioned and permissionless. His Constitution without walls is my decentralized ledger design, except he has a mistake. He wants to do it with voting, elections, delegates, but that is known to fail to be fair due to the Iron Law of Political Economics and the power vacuum. However, my solution is algorithmic and deals with this more effectively I think. To the extent that the Constitution is algorithmically objective then no forks are created.

What we needed was a way that many devs could be financed and work in the ecosystem. So then ICOs came along and basically relegated Monero’s former arrogance to the trashbin of history. But ICOs also have a problem in that they are likely illegal and blowback is probably coming.

What we really need is a legal way to finance many development groups. That is what I am working on! Unlike Monerotards, I know I can not be the best at everything. I have to help others be the best at what they do.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:11:03 AM

Anon coin is not marketable in the mainstream. Personally i think it should because there is absolutely nothing wrong in a person requiring anonymous transaction and other services. I believe it is my fundamental right to be anon when I want to and keep my business private. Having said all of these monero so far is the only anon coin!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:14:14 AM

Monero isn't. With all alts decreasing against BTC, monero was one of them to hold on.
Monero will soon again go back to it's 3 digit price in USD.
bitroxis

Activity: 122

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 09:33:56 AM

I've done some research among my cryptofan friends and I'd say Monero still has a lot of support. I wouldn't hurry to withdraw my confidence in this coin just yet.

Ponylon

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:15:21 AM

Monero and the rest of the privacy centered coins are definitely in a very competitive field involved. Cryptography is no easy task and there are many who are winning in that domain and many who are losing. In my opinion, Monero and most of the privacy coins are indeed in trouble, just because they have to face Zcash. Zcash has been releasing some awesome stuff and came up with serious cryptographic innovations that the other projects have not even come close to create something similar or even competitive. The thing is, that many projects already, from financial corporations to Ethereum itself, have praised the approach of Zcash and are looking themselves to implement that solution in their own blockchains. That can tell you a lot about how successful they have been in developing privacy centered solutions. The team is obviously very bright and has done a great job in that field, hopefully we'll see more innovations coming in that sector, because privacy is a really fundamental part in order for the mainstream to adopt the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: