Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:22:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to delete files?  (Read 329 times)
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:28:59 PM

Today I found out that I can easily restore files that I've deleted a year ago. Is there any way to delete files permanently without drilling anything how it was in mr. Robot? Wana be sure that if i will sell or give someone my laptop this person won't be able to restore my delete private keys.
Escaflowne

Activity: 141
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:29:52 PM

You must overwirte the free space. Tools like CC Cleaner could help
Beerwizzard (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:45:45 PM

You must overwirte the free space. Tools like CC Cleaner could help
I'm pretty sure that I've used it (and not just once) during this year but most of the files could be easily restored by different software like Handy recovery. Thats the first program I've downloaded (anc cracked) from thepiretebay and it still works fine with most of the files.
ArthurY

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

I love BTC

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:43:10 PM

Today I found out that I can easily restore files that I've deleted a year ago. Is there any way to delete files permanently without drilling anything how it was in mr. Robot? Wana be sure that if i will sell or give someone my laptop this person won't be able to restore my delete private keys.

Deeply can clean MSDOS tool called Vitctoria. But probably that's gonna take a long time. In each field of memory you should put 0 value... That's a long process
Or just put hard on microwave for a while. That's gonna destroy data forever
Also if you can do electromagnetic gun that's possible

Sophisticated Investor
teeneffigy

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:27:37 PM

Ya man just use something like file shredder http://www.fileshredder.org/

There are other tools just google them.

scott0577

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:23:28 AM

Use Recuva it's free and you can find and restore delete files or overwrite them so no one can recover them..works for videos photos or text docs and email
zakaryroan327

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:32:47 AM

first we have to open my computer locate the file you want to delete and right click on it.

choose the delete option from the pop up menu. open my computer after locate the file click

file in the top menu and select delete.
edithmillie149

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:36:44 AM

open my computer or windows  explorer locate the file or folder you want to delete and right click on it.

choose the delete option from the pop-up menu. open my computer or windows explorer locate the file or

folder you want delete  click file in the top menu bar and and select delete.
dylanc

Activity: 243
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:48:48 AM

Go to download.com and find programs that can help you do this. To completely make those files unrestorable, I believe you would need to overwrite the exact used space over and over again. There are some programs out there that can help you to do this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: