Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:13:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me, what's the underlying value of Bitcoin cash?  (Read 338 times)
cyyap95 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

I'm trying to learn from other's opinions and what is the value they find in Bitcoin cash. Let me start by telling you why I invested in Bitcoin:
  • First decentralized digital currency
  • Most well-known cryptocurrency
  • Recognized and gain legal status in hundreds of countries
  • Huge company and businesses adopted Bitcoin to be used in their operation and sales
  • Existing huge and quality community since Bitcoin inception
  • Relatively large market cap compare to others which decrease the chance of being pump-and-dump easily
    (It requires relatively more cost to bump-and-dump Bitcoin, which increase price stability)
  • The software was being tested for a long period prior to release to minimize failure or bug

Although many of above listed are hard to quantify and estimate the price of Bitcoin, I strongly believe the underlying value of Bitcoin will exceed the current price A LOT.
But, what's the underlying value of Bitcoin Cash? I don't see its share any same traits that Bitcoin is having.

Many people seem to be unable to understand that the $7 billion market cap of BCH is just book value, book value in such illiquid market is basically meaningless at all.
At least I don't think it can hold current price when most platform and wallet provider makes selling BCH easy.

Just my opinion could be wrong, would like to hear what you think  Cheesy

If you didn't do any analyzation but just simply follow the hype, you're just gamble, not investor, here's my word for you, especially if you made money from gambling with altcoins,
When you don't understand how you made your fortune, you probably won't be able to keep your fortune. (I learned it the hard way.)
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:46:15 PM

I'm trying to learn from other's opinions and what is the value they find in Bitcoin cash. Let me start by telling you why I invested in Bitcoin:
  • First decentralized digital currency
  • Most well-known cryptocurrency
  • Recognized and gain legal status in hundreds of countries
  • Huge company and businesses adopted Bitcoin to be used in their operation and sales
  • Existing huge and quality community since Bitcoin inception
  • Relatively large market cap compare to others which decrease the chance of being pump-and-dump easily
    (It requires relatively more cost to bump-and-dump Bitcoin, which increase price stability)
  • The software was being tested for a long period prior to release to minimize failure or bug

Although many of above listed are hard to quantify and estimate the price of Bitcoin, I strongly believe the underlying value of Bitcoin will exceed the current price A LOT.
But, what's the underlying value of Bitcoin Cash? I don't see its share any same traits that Bitcoin is having.

Many people seem to be unable to understand that the $7 billion market cap of BCH is just book value, book value in such illiquid market is basically meaningless at all.
At least I don't think it can hold current price when most platform and wallet provider makes selling BCH easy.

Just my opinion could be wrong, would like to hear what you think  Cheesy

If you didn't do any analyzation but just simply follow the hype, you're just gamble, not investor, here's my word for you, especially if you made money from gambling with altcoins,
When you don't understand how you made your fortune, you probably won't be able to keep your fortune. (I learned it the hard way.)

It's anybody's guess. It's obvious Bitcoin Cash doesn't have the network effect of Bitcoin. They can try to steal the name as much as they want to, but this means nothing. All these big corporations moving tons of money on Bitcoin aren't accepting Bitcoin Cash, even tho this does not really mean anything tho. Corporations could collude to accept a shitcoin fork and leave the original Bitcoin behind...

Bitcoin for me is digital gold, to move money in a decentralized way. Moving money in a decentralized way it's impossible with the big block sizes Bitcoin Cash aims to get, let alone the centralized hashrate which is basically all chinese.

I think what we are seeing is mostly speculation. Price discovery takes time. It will take up to a month to see where the price finally sits.
cyyap95 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:58:58 PM

-snip-

Yeah, but gambling would be more accurate term instead of speculation, as from most people, I find them didn't really do any analyze but simply decide to invest BCH based on recency and confirmation biases.
(Luckily these people bought my BCH at good price when I still looking for platform to dump Grin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: