Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any cryptocurrency which can be mined with a laptop?  (Read 1010 times)
Sweet_Angel

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 09:59:14 AM

Mining with a laptop can be done but results will not be satisfactory.
My advice should not be using a laptop as it will making the laptop hot faster which resulted in the laptop being damaged.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:29:06 PM

My advice should not be using a laptop as it will making the laptop hot faster which resulted in the laptop being damaged.

Unless it's a throw away. I have two old netbooks from the early hackintosh days that I will take to the local coffee shop with me, plug in, and let mine Bytecoin for free because why not?
dawidt

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 11:06:51 PM

i was mining magi on laptop for 6 months and get around 10$ for it! Wink
it doesn't make sense
krivov

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 11:10:05 PM

It is better sell laptop and buy some bitcoins  Grin
joshuajones02

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:08:13 AM

Unless it's a throw away. I have two old netbooks from the early hackintosh days that I will take to the local coffee shop with me, plug in, and let mine Bytecoin for free because why not?

hide them in the ceilings

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:11:14 AM

hide them in the ceilings

GENIUS
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:40:20 AM

does not seem to be a good choice of friends if you use a laptop as a mining machine .. if you really want to mine those coins you'd better buy a coin mining device. I've done mining with a laptop like your idea .. and did not get satisfactory results. some time later my laptop crashed
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:55:31 PM

There are more than eight hundred crypto currencies available in the crypto market, bitcoin is the first crypto currency in the market and this cannot be mined with computers or laptops as it requires more electrical and hash power generating machines, but still there are many other crypto currencies like monero, bytecoin, digitalnote, dashcoin and many other crypto currencies which can be mined at home using a desktop or laptop. The value of these crypto currencies will increase in the future. GPU or Graphic processing units can help to mine bitcoins and other crypto currencies.
Even mining monero with your laptop these days is not really worth it that much. Still, from your last point and the value of the cryptocurrencies increasing later in future, they are really worth a try, most especially if one has a free PC running and some free electricity.

I have heard of someone who mines monero with his official PC and leaves the PC running 247 since he does not have to pay for anything anyway. Hope he does not get to lose his job doing that anyway.
Z1pp4

Activity: 187

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:15:47 PM

Hello guys,

I'm a full time laptop guy who don't own a desktop.
Now there are over 200 crypto currencies out there...
However only 10 of them are getting media attention & spotlight and these popular ones are not possible to mine unless you have an extremely expensive mining equipment.

So my question is... how about other less popular crypto currencies like NEO, New York Coin, GameCredits?
Given that I have a powerful AMD M5100 (2013) gaming graphic card, can I try to mine those currencies with a laptop? or a USB miner?

I hope this is possible. I want to at least try to mine some crypto currency which can be expensive later on.

Thanks,

It is very hard to mine something these days with this power. However you can try to mine some unpopular coins with low hash rate in pools, but don't do it for profit, as you will hardly make any profit.
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 01:25:15 PM

You will just ruin and destroy your laptop. It is better and profitable to sacrifice some money to buy the techs for mining. If really want mining you should earn for it. It may not be easy but it will be worth it once you've assemble necessary parts. Dont risk you laptop. You can always participate in services tokens bounty if you really dont have money.
Like someone will always say, if you want to do it, just do it well. Although, sometimes, for learning purpose and to have an idea, picking some altcoins may not really be a bad idea but I totally agree with you that you will be overworking your system which probably may not be built for such a huge work like that.

It is better to do some research and set up once and for all if someone wants to really go into mining properly.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
chimcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 02:45:26 PM

Though most people are either GPU mining or using specialized ASIC miners for most crypto coins, there are still some that are only CPU mineable or at least are worth CPU mining.if you have some spare CPU power available, a single CPU  will most likely not earn much mining any CPU coin, but if you have multiple CPUs available along with free electricity the outcome might be better. These Crypto coins can be check for CPU mining:
Boolberry (BBR)
Coin Magi (XMG)
Cryptonite (XCN)
DigitalNote (XDN)
Monero (XMR)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: