Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:32:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BCH dumped but why hasnt BTC moved  (Read 1262 times)
worthy1 (OP)

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:22:42 PM

So seeing as though everyone (the majority) seemd to say they were going to sell their BCH and buy more BTC then why has BTC stayed down and even down more than it was yesterday?

Where did every ones BCH profits go if not to BTC or are we attributing this to Polo
Iris Linus

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:24:20 PM

Well it's just an artificial pump.

The real deal is Bitcoin and we all know where it's headed.

Bitcoin Cash? Just another altcoin.
worthy1 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:26:35 PM

Yup I get that seems to be peoples feelings but with the amount airdropped and those confident after BCH is dumped BTC would fly then I would have thought we would of seen that by now, not BTC being down even more since that dump
galactica

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:28:40 PM

Most ppl still have not had the opportunity to sell BCH yet with wallets frozen and all.
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 11:29:06 PM

The trading was done through an alt-pair not fiat, and btc being much stronger of the pair it made the BCC price swing vs BTC - so despite ppl owning more BTC it wasn't a real factor in the fiat/overall prices or value going up. It IS interesting all around though - compounded with the fact that nobody wanted to do much with their BTC during the risky time (you can see by the volumes mostly being low bar to bar on charts), and with deposit/withdrawal warnings everywhere, it still managed to not swing too much in either direction. I'm proud of you BTC, hodling steady through the shitstorm.

worthy1 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:39:24 PM

Or is it we have become complacent with the swings of BTC, remember a couple of months ago it wild drop $200-$300 and people would be panicking thinkings its going to crash, lately its been normal and with a $300 drop since BCH we are now calling that holding steady.

I guess post BCH and post people gaining more BTC I would have thought we would see a price rise, not a slight dip, to show it is truly king and get the rise people were predicting would happen post August 1
CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 11:47:21 PM

Another thing to consider is people getting their bcc/bch, cashing it in for btc, then cashing that in for fiat as a simple cash bonus taking some profit incase btc does infact dip.

I've been watching swings since 2013 so seeing a few hundred bucks doesn't scare me - seeing a few hundred bucks during such an expected volatile time where we're all expecting moon or bust, reassures me unexpectedly. So in THIS particular time yeah I'm calling it stable (for now).

ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:59:03 PM

So seeing as though everyone (the majority) seemd to say they were going to sell their BCH and buy more BTC then why has BTC stayed down and even down more than it was yesterday?

Where did every ones BCH profits go if not to BTC or are we attributing this to Polo
Since most of exchanges do not support BCC,BCC holders were unable to sell it for some quick cash.So,pumpers continue to pump it.BCC is just an altcoin.BTC continues to be the king and BCC is in no way substitute to bitcoin.

jamesclark

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:01:37 AM

Don't think BCC is dumped, price pretty strong sometimes, although I am wondering if it is real.
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:03:16 AM

Bitcoin's price is slowly gliding down by the minute.
Wonder if it would be a good idea to sell immediately before it goes on a free fall again.

worthy1 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:39:32 AM

That's was my point. It is slightly down on the last 24hours and hasn't made a turn for support since August 1st yet. Alts seem to be down in the last 24hours to
roomfirst

Activity: 516
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:50:34 AM

Actually the price of BCH is increased so hard today, the price is like up to 82% right now. On the other hand, the price of bitcoin is decreased a bit today. I'm curious though, will BCH price will be same like BTC price or even BCH price will more expensive than bitcoin price ? But i'm sure BCH will go down someday.
landslide

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:55:09 AM

All BCH tradings are IOU tradings, the BCH is blocked? 5 hours no block? Need to see if it survives.
worthy1 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:56:14 AM

Actually the price of BCH is increased so hard today, the price is like up to 82% right now. On the other hand, the price of bitcoin is decreased a bit today. I'm curious though, will BCH price will be same like BTC price or even BCH price will more expensive than bitcoin price ? But i'm sure BCH will go down someday.

I watched BCH skyrocket up over $1000 yesterday, I believe it reached $1300 odd so I don't think $450 is an increase? although not sure what price it dumped to, it will be hard for it to push today as people will worry it is going to dump again.
Etheristhefuture

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:59:12 AM

450 is a very far price from dead, im not sure how one can say its dying.
worthy1 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:05:12 AM

Not sure who said it was dead. I think it is doing better than most people expected. The problem with big pump and dumps like yesterday though its it takes longer to rebuild confidence. People get burned when they panic sell so they are hesitant to buy back into the coin that burns them.

Even those that didn't invest become hesitant as they are unsure if it will do it again and if it has reached its peak for the time being for that reason.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:12:59 AM

there's still around 1k block of signalling period, Dont u think after a few days it will reach 100% and the price of btc will pump again? I think so. Right now the market price is still stable around $2,7k while the price of BCH is growing. And after the signalling of bip141 reach 80% and above, the price of btc will pump and the BCh will face a huge drop. I just argue like this.
worthy1 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:17:46 AM

there's still around 1k block of signalling period, Dont u think after a few days it will reach 100% and the price of btc will pump again? I think so. Right now the market price is still stable around $2,7k while the price of BCH is growing. And after the signalling of bip141 reach 80% and above, the price of btc will pump and the BCh will face a huge drop. I just argue like this.

fair enough, makes sense and that's why this thread is good to talk about these things that people are not aware of as I have seen a lot of talk about BTC going down in price.
oktana

Activity: 1638
Merit: 288

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 01:20:49 AM

Many people buy btc because it's tempted by a bch promotion, most of them sell their altcoin for it, and once they get bch and end up selling then what they do is buy back altcoin, the perception of people that bitcoin will skyrocket it is not true because of this. Only responsive action to return to altcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:21:23 AM

Don't think BCC is dumped, price pretty strong sometimes, although I am wondering if it is real.

Mostly artificial just to entice the market and make them believe that there is substantial support price wide for BCC. Most of the miners I know here in our area sold theirs immediately after receiving them on the fear of BCC losing value rapidly without them having to profit off of it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: