Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:30:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question about BTC and BCC split...  (Read 890 times)
ZeusyZeus (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:26:17 AM

Hi there I'm brand spanking new to the forum and I was wondering about something I was reading you guys discussing. I've been reading you can split BTC into BCC and make some kind of "free profit." My question is would it be worth it to a newbie like me to do such a thing or just hang tight? I've been reading mixed things that you can sell BCC and others saying you can't. Would really appreciate some clarification on all this. Thanks!
galactica

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:33:42 AM

If you didn't hold BTC before Aug 1st then you don't have BCC. If you did then you have both BTC and BCC (1:1) but there is liquidity issues at the moment so a lot of people still can;t sell BCC.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 05:51:28 AM

As a newbie, if you want to participate in cryptocurrency and aren't sure if Bitcoin is for you, consider Litecoin. It's the silver to Bitcoin's gold, is currently priced at $42 (so it's more affordable) and it doesn't have the drama and uncertainty going on with Bitcoin right now.

Full discloser, I'm a fan of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash, but only time will tell if one or the other becomes the true "bitcoin" for the future. And it's possible that they could coexist quite well as they are now.

Good luck to you. If you have specific questions here, you'll get great responses from people.
tavogi.com

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 04:44:29 PM

Unfortunately it's too late to get free tokens from the BTC/BCH fork. You had to already be holding BTC a couple days ago for that.

There could always be more forks in the future though, of Bitcoin or other coins (I doubt they'll always result in free money like this one did, but you never know with crypto).
francis78

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:21:43 PM

Anyone sold their BCC yet? And where?
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:22:25 PM

If you had bitcoins before the split, its always worth to split. Bcc is like free money.
If you didn't have bitcoin, just forget about, it already happened.
iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:58:59 PM

I have read in news that those people who own Bitcoin receive BCC or BCH. But I can't understand what do they really get? Do people who have their Bitcoin on local wallets receive something?

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:59:54 PM

I already sold it this afternoon. I sold it on the liqui.io exchange site. I have 0.031 bitcoin there, and without me realize I also get the same amount of 0.031 BCC. I do not think long to sell it, because I think this is a gift from bitcoin that I have.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:06:39 PM

Hi there I'm brand spanking new to the forum and I was wondering about something I was reading you guys discussing. I've been reading you can split BTC into BCC and make some kind of "free profit." My question is would it be worth it to a newbie like me to do such a thing or just hang tight? I've been reading mixed things that you can sell BCC and others saying you can't. Would really appreciate some clarification on all this. Thanks!
As long as you were holding bitcoins before august 1, you will have and will be able to claim the same amount of bitcoin cash from your wallet. You will need to have access to your private keys though. If you want to make some quick profit, you can dump your BCC.
Theymos explains here how to claim your BCC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059111.0

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:22:57 PM

There are several places to sell right now.  Bitfinex, Liqui, and I believe Bittrex and Kraken allow you to sell.  I'm not sure if they're allowing deposits yet though.  That's probably the limiting factor.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ZeusyZeus (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:19:57 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 03:10:51 AM by ZeusyZeus

Yeah I've had bitcoin for a long time I was looking for a guide on how to safely split it so I don't lose all my bitcoins. Thanks for the help especially adzino.

Quick question I store my coins in Coinbase is it worthwhile to have it in another wallet? I'm reading that link adzino posted and it seems to be worthwhile to move my coins to a new wallet... can someone please clarify this for me.
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:29:26 AM

If you didn't hold BTC before Aug 1st then you don't have BCC. If you did then you have both BTC and BCC (1:1) but there is liquidity issues at the moment so a lot of people still can;t sell BCC.

more like 20 confirmations needed for deposit that can take up to 2 days issues than liquidity issues, unless how have several hundreds of coins or more

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:06:49 AM

Sorry but you seemed to have miss the chance, but welcome to the community, try to stay active so big news like that  are not ignored by you and you can take action the next time an opportunity like that appears.
10yearsolder

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 04:25:26 AM

We are both newbies here. But I think you cannot make a split of your BTC into BCC. There was a split rather and if you are holding BTC in wallets that support the split, you will be credited with a BCC that amounts equally to your stored BTC.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:35:13 AM

You can't have BCC if you don't have BTC in your soft wallet they will give you Bcc depends on how many bitcoins you have in your wallet, Many online wallets didn't give free bcc because they use your btc to gain they own free bcc that's why they're lucky.
You can sell your bcc on bitfinex and bittrex as now Bcc is on pump and dump stage it moves so fast on weekly chart.
shimbark123

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

I think this was done though. I mean it is done in bittrex, bittrex is one of the famous exchanger in this world. But I think that there is another chance for you at poloniex. Beacuse after August one they tend to welcome bitcoin cash or what is known as bcc or bch.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:03:53 PM

you don't own bitcoin if you don't have access to your private keys. and you don't have your private keys when you keep your coins on web wallets such as coinbase. in this case Coinbase will probably never support bitcoin cash despite them promising to give people their airdrop in 2018!!

not that many have actually sold their BCC yet! you can see the volume and the number of transactions their blocks processes it is like 5% of bitcoin transactions!!
and for where just check out this: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/#markets

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:22:35 PM

Which BTC wallet do you use? Which BCH are you planning to use?
cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:32:07 PM

I think this was done though. I mean it is done in bittrex, bittrex is one of the famous exchanger in this world. But I think that there is another chance for you at poloniex. Beacuse after August one they tend to welcome bitcoin cash or what is known as bcc or bch.
if you saving your Bitcoin in exchange, certainly you get BCC or can also be called BCH. example if you have Bitcoin and you save in Bittrex, i sure you get BCC for free according to your Bitcoin amount. Wink
Invester

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

PNNV.COM Live bitcoin price monitor

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:41:29 PM

if you saving your Bitcoin in exchange, certainly you get BCC or can also be called BCH. example if you have Bitcoin and you save in Bittrex, i sure you get BCC for free according to your Bitcoin amount. Wink

That is right. But not in all exchanges. There are exchange platforms that did not support the copy and will not provide free BCH. For those others like Bittrex, there are free BCH given. And the next best thing you will do with your BitcoinCash is dump them while the price is still high.  Wink

████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄